Windows 10: External Mouse and Volume Keys on External Keyboard Stopped Working

Discus and support External Mouse and Volume Keys on External Keyboard Stopped Working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been using an external mouse and keyboard with my laptop for a while now. A few days ago, the mouse stopped working. It's a wired mouse and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by purplewalrus, Feb 26, 2018.

1. External Mouse and Volume Keys on External Keyboard Stopped Working

I've been using an external mouse and keyboard with my laptop for a while now. A few days ago, the mouse stopped working. It's a wired mouse and the red light comes on when it's plugged in. At the same time, the top row of keys on my wired keyboard stopped working (the volume controls, mail button, home, customizable buttons, etc.). When I plug the mouse in, it appears under Other Devices in the Device Manager, listed twice as a USB Input Device. When I try to update the driver automatically, it says Windows was unable to. The mouse doesn't work in safe mode. I tried a wireless mouse as well and it doesn't work either. My external keyboard shows up under keyboards as an HID Keyboard Device and Windows says the best drivers for my device are already installed. I've tried all three USB ports and the mouse works on another computer. The built-in keyboard and touch pad on my laptop still work fine. What else can I do? Thanks in advance.

:)

purplewalrus, Feb 26, 2018
  2. GJJF Win User

Volume Control/Playback Problems.

Hello. Last week, external volume/playback controls stopped working on my Windows 10 desktop.

1. My headphones have a volume dial and play/pause buttons. These aren't working.

2. The keyboard has volume buttons and play/pause/stop buttons. These aren't working. The other optional keys (like SLEEP, MY COMPUTER, etc. are working just fine.

I can change the volume via the taskbar just fine. It just seems to be the external volume/playback controls.

Thanks for any help you can give!

3. touchpad and inbuild keyboard is not working on windows 10 but functionkeys work

touchpad and inbuild keyboard is not working on windows 10 but function keys work external mouse and keyboard works smoothly

SATISH KUMARSINGH, Feb 26, 2018
Thema:

External Mouse and Volume Keys on External Keyboard Stopped Working

1. External Mouse and Volume Keys on External Keyboard Stopped Working - Similar Threads - External Mouse Volume

2. external keyboard and mous not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external keyboard and mous not working: I have recently factory reset my windows laptop. my keyboard and mouse were working before now, it's not working anymore, I have tried several things like going into safe mode, resetting bios, updating bios, etc. my laptop is an asus rog g551jm. Keyboard and mouse work fine...
  3. external keyboard and mous not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    external keyboard and mous not working: I have recently factory reset my windows laptop. my keyboard and mouse were working before now, it's not working anymore, I have tried several things like going into safe mode, resetting bios, updating bios, etc. my laptop is an asus rog g551jm. Keyboard and mouse work fine...
  4. external keyboard and mous not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. External keyboard has stopped working

External keyboard has stopped working: I have an external keyboard and mouse 850 that were purchased at the same time. Both have worked without any problems until today when the keyboard has stopped working. I have tried replacing the batteries but the keyboard is still failing to work. The mouse is working...
  6. External mouse doesn't work but the keyboard does

External mouse doesn't work but the keyboard does: Wireless mouse as part of a mouse/keyboard combination does not work. Windows 10 Pro x64. All windows and dell updates applied. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-mouse-doesnt-work-but-the-keyboard-does/a4cecf05-c478-4364-ae75-6045ccade1e9
  7. keyboard volume keys stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard volume keys stopped working: After latest update computer was not running correctly and had to reset it back to before the update, anyway, somewhere in the mix, my F9 & F10 (volume down and volume up) keys quit working. I push and nothing. I have to go click on the volume icon in the icon tray to change...
  8. External mouse+keyboard

External mouse+keyboard: After updating to latest Windows 10, my external devices stopped working as before https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-mousekeyboard/ec44c958-5f15-4e84-b9c8-21108395712a
  9. External Keyboard and Mouse Don't Work Together

External Keyboard and Mouse Don't Work Together: So my friend has a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10, and he has a strange issue. He has 2 USB ports, both 3.0, and the situation is like this: PORT 1: Mouse and Keyboard work in this port only. Don't work on PORT 2. PORT 2: Scanner and Wacom tablet work in this port. Don't...
  10. External Mouse stop working

External Mouse stop working: Hello I have a problem since 1 week, I have sony vaio vgn-cs11s laptop and i am using windows 10 for a long time , but 1 week ago i face a problem my external wired mouse stop working properly windows start freezing and lagging i tried to use mouse pad but my pad also lags,...