Windows 10: External Seagate drive no longer recognized. Only showing in Device Ma

Discus and support External Seagate drive no longer recognized. Only showing in Device Ma in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Suddenly the drive is no longer recognized on any computer. I plug it in via USB and the power light turns on but the letter drive that usually comes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NussOkeh, Sep 8, 2017.

1. NussOkeh Win User

External Seagate drive no longer recognized. Only showing in Device Ma

Suddenly the drive is no longer recognized on any computer. I plug it in via USB and the power light turns on but the letter drive that usually comes up on My PC does not show. I went into disk management and said drive isn't located there either. The only way I can tell it's being recognized is by going into device manager and seeing the listing under disk drives. I've uninstalled the drive and reinstalled it, tried using the Seagate utility and attempted to plug it in other computers. I even checked diskpart, nothing is there. No resolution yet.

:)

NussOkeh, Sep 8, 2017
  2. rjrdgo Win User

Windows 10 driver for Segate Freeagent

As soon as I installed Windows 10, my Seagate FreeAgent external drive was no longer recognized. The Seagate icon in the tray says 'No drive connected', I can access the external drive through 'This PC' but there is no way to perform auto backups. Any
    suggestions?

rjr

rjrdgo, Sep 8, 2017
  3. RieWI Win User
    External HD not recognized by Win 10

I have a Toshiba laptop with a windows 10 upgrade... it is not recognizing my Seagate STAE108 1t external hard drive. It doesn't even show a drive for the Seagate.

RieWI, Sep 8, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

If a drive can't be seen in 2 or more computers it's a pretty good sign it has died. It may be the interface printed-circuit card on it, if so there are firms that can recover data from the platters but are not cheap.

Berton, Sep 8, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    You may be lucky, it may just be the cable that's faulty.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. External Seagate drive no longer recognized. Only showing in Device Ma - Similar Threads - External Seagate drive

2. Seagate (freeagent) external drive not recognized in Win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Seagate (freeagent) external drive not recognized in Win 10: I have an older (10+ years) Seagate external drive that I gave to my brother some years ago... I load up some movies and shows on it a couple times a year for him. I switched laptops about 7 months ago, The other day I tried connecting it to my newer laptop... But Win 10 is...
  3. Windows 10 not recognizing Seagate 5TB external drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not recognizing Seagate 5TB external drive: I bought a new 5TB Seagate external portable backup drive. Windows 10 would not recognize it. Windows 10 Device Manager could see and name the device, but when doing 'create and format' the disk, the screen went blank. It even froze the PC. Many other problems materialized...
  4. Seagate FreeAgent External Hard Drive Not Recognized by Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Seagate FreeAgent External Hard Drive Not Recognized by Windows 10?: Seagate FreeAgent External Hard Drive 500GB Not Recognized by Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/seagate-freeagent-external-hard-drive-not/d09310af-e7b2-4ea4-9b5e-9dae1e1f93ae
  5. Bitlocker not recognizing Seagate external USB hard drive

Bitlocker not recognizing Seagate external USB hard drive: I am having no luck in trying to figure out why the Microsoft Windows Bitlocker Drive Encryption app will not recognize a new Seagate external USB hard drive. I have other external drives Toshiba, HP and have had no problems with them. When I bring up the Bitlocker control...
  6. Seagate external drive is not always recognized in windows 10

Seagate external drive is not always recognized in windows 10: I have a Seagate FreeAgent Desktop external drive that doesn't stay recognized in Windows 10. I have to undo the power cord and the USB cord and hook it back up to get it to recognize it. Is there some setting I am missing or something else that can cause this?...
  7. Seagate External Drive no longer being recognized in Windows 10?

Seagate External Drive no longer being recognized in Windows 10?: I have a Seagate Backup Plus Slim External Drive that is no longer being recognized in Windows 10,it works fine in Windows 7,8 and on other computers/devices but ever since I upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro I have been having this issue and it is still not...
  8. Windows 10 1909 Problem Recognizing Partitions on Seagate External Hard Drive Device

Windows 10 1909 Problem Recognizing Partitions on Seagate External Hard Drive Device: I own two 4TB Seagate BUP BL SCSI Disk Devices. I am an American living in China. I bought them in China. I have attempted to contact Seagate's English speaking online technical support with no luck. I can't select my region, China, and language, English; I can only select...
  9. Seagate external drive recognized by device manager but not disk management

Seagate external drive recognized by device manager but not disk management: Hello I have a 4 TB seagate imagepro external harddrive which I have been using for about two years. Every time I plugged it in I would get a message saying there are problems with the drive and I always ignored it. Finally I chose the option to scan and repair. While this...
  10. External Drive No Longer Being Recognized

External Drive No Longer Being Recognized: I have been using an external drive with my computer for a while now, but lately my computer has been having difficulty recognizing that it is plugged in. I know for a fact that power is being given to the external drive because it lights up and I can feel it running....