Windows 10: External Sound Card crashes. EMU Tracker Pre

Discus and support External Sound Card crashes. EMU Tracker Pre in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I have a problem with my external sound card. It's hard to explain. It works to some point, then if I will open too many sounds or it works for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lcs2, Nov 29, 2016.

1. lcs2 Win User

External Sound Card crashes. EMU Tracker Pre

Hello.
    I have a problem with my external sound card. It's hard to explain. It works to some point, then if I will open too many sounds or it works for some time, it just stop responding and i have to restart it manually (turn off then on again). Sometimes even doing so wont give a remedy, and I have to restart whole system (the first option is much more common though)
    By not responding, I mean it doesn't give a sound (control lights are okay, everything looks good except it doesnt give me any sound).
    Its weird since i havent that problem on previous versions of Windows, like Windows 7. I think the problem is with drivers.
    Anyone knows how to resolve that problem?
    I would be pleased with any advices.

:)

2. E-mu E-DSP soundcard problem after installing Windows 10

Well.. i'm afraid it didn't. My Emu 1820m is useless after a Windows 10 upgrade. My soundcard responds to app-settings (for example changing samplerate) but no sound. Downgrading seems to be the only option.

JeroenMooijman, Nov 29, 2016
  3. Windows10 sound default format.No 24 bit option!?

Hi,

We suggest you to try to update both of your internal and external sound card to check if you will get the 24 bit sound format. If it's still didn't work, kindly try another external sound card to compare if it's an issue with your external sound card driver
    or the hardware itself.

Let us know if this helps.

Kristine Som, Nov 29, 2016
  4. fireberd Win User

I have a recording studio (Sonar).
    I don't see any drivers listed on the Creative site above Vista. For audio devices, you need at a minimum Windows 8.1 drivers.
    From the Creative Site:
    From what I've seen posted, here and other recording forums, the older drivers will not work, even if installed in a Compatibility mode.

Best suggestion, it is time to upgrade the old hardware device to a Windows 10 compatible unit.

fireberd, Nov 29, 2016
  5. lcs2 Win User
    Thank you for your response.
    Anyway, this sound card works, and it happends only with certain condition. In general, it works most of the time.
    Does anyone has any other clues? Other than to change everything to brand new?
    Its very interesting to me what is the problem with this device. And also, while watching youtube, the video stops, like playing but very very slow, with loading circle in the middle. It restarts when i restart the sound card.

6. fireberd Win User
    Sorry but using old, not supported hardware, can be an issue. You are lucky it even works at all.

fireberd, Nov 30, 2016
  7. lcs2 Win User
    Im still interested what is the cause of it.

lcs2, Dec 3, 2016
  8. zsolti Win User

Hello my friend!
    I just updated my Windows today on 2 laptops. One had the previous Win 7 on the HDD and had the Win 10 on the new SSD on the 1st laptop.
    So i downloaded the latest driver to the tracker pre and also not worked.
    I copied the Creative folder from the Win 7Program files folder and paste to the Win 10 porgram files place.
    After i runned the Tracker pre install exe file and showed to me the msvcp71.dll and the msvcr71.dll is missing. So i downloaded these 2 files and copied to the "C:\Windows\System32" and to the "C:\Windows\SysWOW64" folder both files. After i restarted the laptop and then runned again the tracker pre install exe and...... WORKED!!! Yuppie! After this procedure i copied to my 2nd laptop (where was only Win10 pro)the Creative folder also and repeat the section above; and this also worked well! I hope this information will help to somebody. Sorry for the wrong grammar but i had short time and im not a perfect english. Ml,

zsolti, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. External Sound Card crashes. EMU Tracker Pre - Similar Threads - External Sound Card

2. Tracker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tracker: I'm an Edge user. I went to settings and saw that I had about 189 trackers. About 9/10th of the trackers that has been found where from "nts . mpn . com"What is nts . mpn . com ? Thanks....
  3. Tracker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tracker: I'm an Edge user. I went to settings and saw that I had about 189 trackers. About 9/10th of the trackers that has been found where from "nts . mpn . com"What is nts . mpn . com ? Thanks....
  4. Sound Card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Card: I am not receiving any audio. I tried going through the sound settings including the troubleshooter. Still nothing.Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-card/393102a9-a73a-406c-9725-252213c5edfa
  5. No sound after removing external sound card.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after removing external sound card.: I bought an external soundblaster soundcard and an 7.1 logitech surround system.I quickly found out though, that i didnt use it as much as i hoped.So, i uninstalled the soundblaster software and removed the soundcard.After that, i cant get any sound what so ever out of my...
  6. "Creative Tracker Pre" in Cubase 11 LE in windows 10 sound suddenly stops

"Creative Tracker Pre" in Cubase 11 LE in windows 10 sound suddenly stops: "Creative Tracker Pre" is working fine but suddenly the sound stops. It requires restarting windows 10 and restarting Cubase to restore sound.Any idea why the sound would suddenly stop when all monitor levels are still working?______Bill...
  7. This Sound Tracker thing is on some of my FPS games

in Windows 10 Customization
    This Sound Tracker thing is on some of my FPS games: Here is an example [ATTACH] Again, this only appears like on my TF2, CSGO and Witcher 3. It doesn't appear on my Smite, DotA 2 and somehow on my Valorant. I have tried some shortcuts I have found while trying to solve this one. This is apparently not Nahmic nor the...
  8. External Sound Card

in Windows 10 Customization
    External Sound Card: I have USB External Sound Card Digital HD 7.1 Diamond DMM201008XS0981. I can get my external speakers to work but my input is not working. I like to convert my album collection to mp3's. Any help for fixing my audio input? Thanks, Steve...
  9. Windows 10 no audio sound FIX, External USB sound card.

Windows 10 no audio sound FIX, External USB sound card.: After 2 months of doing everything possible to fix the Crackling Audio after a Windows 10 Update & then dealing with Microsoft over the phone numerous times, And no resolution. I decided to get some USB Sound Card's. And I have sound again. Both have the same sample rate of...
  10. External Sound Card Clips, Skips, just not working

External Sound Card Clips, Skips, just not working: I just built a new pc: Ryzen 2700, Asrock x470 Taichi, Trident Z 16gb 3200mhz cl14 ram, samsung 970evo 250gb, windows 10pro october update. With this pc I would like to use my M-audio Fast track C-400. The drivers install properly but the sound coming out of it is clipping,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. emu tracker pre windows 10