Windows 10: External speakers are not detected properly

Discus and support External speakers are not detected properly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I have an Asus UX31LA laptop, on which I just did a fresh install of windows 10. I have all the latest drivers from Asus. The problem is that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by spiderbest9, Nov 11, 2016.

1. External speakers are not detected properly

Hello. I have an Asus UX31LA laptop, on which I just did a fresh install of windows 10. I have all the latest drivers from Asus. The problem is that the external usb speakers are not detected properly. The sound is coming out just fine and the Smart Audio software detects them when I plug/unplug the jack but aren't showing up as a separate playback device. Therefore the volume cannot be adjusted individually for each playback device. I did reinstall the drivers, I went to Sound and checked Show disconnected devices. They won't show up in playback devices.

:)

spiderbest9, Nov 11, 2016

2. External speakers are not detected

I plugged a speaker to my laptop, and my laptop didn't detect the device I am plugging. I try to plug every audio devices like earphones or speakers, and this laptop is still using the internal speaker. I've opened 'Playback devices'
    on the laptop and there is only an internal speaker and no other audio devices. I've opened 'Hardware and Devices' on Control Panel and I don't found any external audio devices. Can anybody solve this for me? Thanks.

Sorry if I did a bad English.

M. Nabil Mu'afa, Nov 11, 2016
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    External speakers are not detected

Hello,

You seem to be encountering challenges on getting your external speakers to work with your laptop.

We recommend that you check and download the latest drivers for your multimedia device. Refer to this link on

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

We also recommend that you refer to your device's manual to make sure that you are plugging in your external speakers to the correct port of your device.

If the suggestions above didn't work, feel free to post back so we can further troubleshoot.

Ferdz Amp, Nov 11, 2016
  4. fireberd Win User

External speakers are not detected properly

Usually, there are no drivers for USB speakers. Just plug and play. Windows only allows one default audio playback device so you can't change volume for the USB speakers and the internal speakers at the same time.

RIGHT click on the start icon (windows) on the lower left and then LEFT click on Control Panel. Click on Hardware and Sound and finally Sound, Playback panel. That should show what is set as default playback device. When you use a USB device it DOES NOT use the internal sound card. It takes digital audio and converts in inside the USB device.

fireberd, Nov 12, 2016
  5. The problem is that they are not detected as a separate audio device, like say a pair of headphones. The speakers have a 3.5 mm headphone jack and use the USB port only for power. When I insert the jack, sound do comes out through them but the system thinks that they are the internal speakers of the laptop. So it uses the same volume level, which for the external speakers is too loud compared to the laptops own speakers. What I want is for the system to see the headphone jack separate from the internal speakers and use different volume levels for the two devices. Such a thing I know is possible because is worked on Windows 8.1.

spiderbest9, Nov 12, 2016
  6. fireberd Win User
    This is a different issue than what was reported.

Does headphones appear as a separate device? The PC doesn't know any difference in what device is plugged into the headphone jack.

Do you have the correct sound driver installed or are you only using the generic, basic function, Windows installed High Definition Audio? If its not the actual sound hardware driver, that is the first step in trying to correct the problem. The generic High Definition driver may not have all the detection properties that the hardware driver does, and what was probably used in Win 8.1.

fireberd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

External speakers are not detected properly

1. External speakers are not detected properly - Similar Threads - External speakers are

2. External Speakers Not Functioning Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Speakers Not Functioning Properly: External, standalone not computer speakers do nothing but make a monotonous, clicking sound, over and over, but a female voice says "Music," when speakers are connected. Doesn't the fact that I hear SOME sound mean that they're NOT blown? I've tried every troubleshooting...
  3. External Speakers Not Functioning Properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Speakers Not Functioning Properly: External, standalone not computer speakers do nothing but make a monotonous, clicking sound, over and over, but a female voice says "Music," when speakers are connected. Doesn't the fact that I hear SOME sound mean that they're NOT blown? I've tried every troubleshooting...
  4. External Speakers Not Functioning Properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. External Speakers Not Detected As Separated Playback Device

External Speakers Not Detected As Separated Playback Device: I'm having a problem where 1 of my laptop's internal speakers is broken and making static noises. The only way I found to make the noise disappear is by muting the speakers through the sound settings.So I thought if I'm using a pair of external speakers, I can just mute the...
  6. External Speakers Not Detected As Separated Playback Device

External Speakers Not Detected As Separated Playback Device: I'm having a problem where 1 of my laptop's internal speakers is broken and making static noises. The only way I found to make the noise disappear is by muting the speakers through the sound settings.So I thought if I'm using a pair of external speakers, I can just mute the...
  7. Computer not detecting external speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not detecting external speakers: Hello, this is kind of urgent, but I have a pair of Altec Lansing XT1 speakers that suddenly stopped working today. I put my PC to sleep for about 2 hours before waking it up to suddenly find my speakers not producing any playback. I tried to left click the speaker icon that...
  8. Computer not detecting external speakers

Computer not detecting external speakers: Hello, this is kind of urgent, but I have a pair of Altec Lansing XT1 speakers that suddenly stopped working today. I put my PC to sleep for about 2 hours before waking it up to suddenly find my speakers not producing any playback. I tried to left click the speaker icon that...
  9. Computer not detecting external speakers

10. External webcam speakers not detected in output sound

External webcam speakers not detected in output sound: I've got a Toshiba laptop it's a older version all the drivers are up to date as I have checked from the manufacturer website. I've got a Logitech c920 external webcam everything is fine except it does not show up in playback sound does not show up in output sound does not...