Windows 10: External USB HDD not disconnecting properly

Discus and support External USB HDD not disconnecting properly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In W10.1607 x86 when I eject a External USB HDD, it does not Power Down, I mean the Eject Procedure is not being totally finished. The Safe to Eject... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Adalwar, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Adalwar Win User

External USB HDD not disconnecting properly

In W10.1607 x86 when I eject a External USB HDD, it does not Power Down, I mean the Eject Procedure is not being totally finished. The Safe to Eject message appears but the light on HDD stays on and if I pull it out I can listen the Motor spinning down.
    That is it not good, that will damage in short time the HDD.
    The same HDD in a w10 x64 is working correctly.

:)

Adalwar, Sep 15, 2016
  2. Pongsin.l Win User

Wifi drop when copy large file

it does not help. problem happen when I read file (play HD movies) from usb HDD external. Wifi keep disconnecting , but when I stop movie , wifi connection is back

Pongsin.l, Sep 15, 2016
  3. Jane Lla Win User
    Inaccessible boot device + broken recovery tool

Hello Tyler,

Confirm if you're using SSD along with an HDD? If you are using an SSD with HDD, the chances are that the PC has started looking for the bootable operating system in the HDD.

Disconnecting the HDD from your computer and then resetting the PC externally may resolve the issue.

After Windows 10 boots normally, you can reconnect your HDD to the computer.

If you have any other storage devices plugged into the computer like an External HDD or a USB stick; unplug them because Windows could be trying to boot off them.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jane Lla, Sep 15, 2016
Thema:

External USB HDD not disconnecting properly

1. External USB HDD not disconnecting properly - Similar Threads - External USB HDD

2. external USB HDD with power cord / 6TB / GUID / NTFS - This external USB HDD was in a PC...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    external USB HDD with power cord / 6TB / GUID / NTFS - This external USB HDD was in a PC...: Can you help...?===1Have Problem: RAW & 0 bytes --- external HDD with power cord / 6TB / GUID / NTFSThis external USB HDD was in a PC, but when I have it plugin for the first time on other PCs has appeared as: RAW & 0 bytes===2afterapplied from cmd prompt as admin:chkdsk /f...
  3. external USB HDD with power cord / 6TB / GUID / NTFS - This external USB HDD was in a PC...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external USB HDD with power cord / 6TB / GUID / NTFS - This external USB HDD was in a PC...: Can you help...?===1Have Problem: RAW & 0 bytes --- external HDD with power cord / 6TB / GUID / NTFSThis external USB HDD was in a PC, but when I have it plugin for the first time on other PCs has appeared as: RAW & 0 bytes===2afterapplied from cmd prompt as admin:chkdsk /f...
  4. external USB HDD with power cord / 6TB / GUID / NTFS - This external USB HDD was in a PC...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. External HDD keeps disconnecting randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External HDD keeps disconnecting randomly: Out of no where, my HDD has started disconnecting itself a few minutes after it is plugged and requires me to manually turn the external drive on and off if I want to use it again.What i've triedRestarting my PCNot using the HDD under stressful conditions and using better...
  6. External HDD keeps disconnecting randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External HDD keeps disconnecting randomly: Out of no where, my HDD has started disconnecting itself a few minutes after it is plugged and requires me to manually turn the external drive on and off if I want to use it again.What i've triedRestarting my PCNot using the HDD under stressful conditions and using better...
  7. External HDD keeps disconnecting randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. External HDD/USB.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External HDD/USB.: Hello. I have an external HDD docking station connected to my PC thru USB. Devine manager sees it. But Windows explorer does not. Suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hddusb/b0404c2e-056a-4c66-b461-1e5113dc9275
  9. USB external HDD no longer working

USB external HDD no longer working: Greetings: I have an old external HDD enclosure (Mad Dog) that shows up as "Unspecified" under Devices and Printers. This drive was working just fine several months ago. I basically just use it as a backup for my music library, so I do access it very often. I lost a good...
  10. "Brute Force" disconnecting USB External HDD

"Brute Force" disconnecting USB External HDD: Hi, I have 1 HDD connected to one USB 3.0 Port. When I connect a second HDD to another USB 3.0 Port, windows automatically Disconnects/Reconnects the First HDD. I can listen the Motor of the HDD going down, exactly as if I removed the Power Supply. This is not good. It...