Windows 10: External usb keyboard isn't working in windows 10 after it goes to sleep

Discus and support External usb keyboard isn't working in windows 10 after it goes to sleep in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When i plug in external usb keyboard to my laptop it works perfectly but it doesn't work when it goes to sleep. I cant wake it up using external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MohiburRahmanShuvo, Jul 12, 2018.

1. External usb keyboard isn't working in windows 10 after it goes to sleep

When i plug in external usb keyboard to my laptop it works perfectly but it doesn't work when it goes to sleep. I cant wake it up using external keyboard. I have to use the build in keyboard of my laptop to wake it up but after that my external keyboard is still non-responsive. All i have to is either unplug the keyboard and plug it in again to make it work or restart my laptop. Please help me!

:)

MohiburRahmanShuvo, Jul 12, 2018

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

External usb keyboard isn't working in windows 10 after it goes to sleep

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

External usb keyboard isn't working in windows 10 after it goes to sleep

1. External usb keyboard isn't working in windows 10 after it goes to sleep - Similar Threads - External usb keyboard

2. Keyboard Isn't Working. Is There A Way To Lock It?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Isn't Working. Is There A Way To Lock It?: I wonder if anyone can help me. My keyboard isn't working and the (home arrow) is jammed on. I'm using a wireless keyboard which is fine but the jammed key isn't helping. Does anyone know a way to lock the laptops keyboard? Thanks everyone....
  3. External USB Keyboard don't work properly - Windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External USB Keyboard don't work properly - Windows 10 Laptop: Hi, I'm having some problems with my Asus X555L when using external keyboards. Anytime I plug a usb keyboard, I can't hold more than one key at a time. If I press a second key while holding the first, the keyboard starts spamming the respective keys. I can't, for instance,...
  4. Keyboard Usb Not Working

Keyboard Usb Not Working: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Port_#0002.Hub_#0004 (Standard USB Host Controller) Universal Serial Bus controllersUSB\VID_0000&PID_0002\6&1C3BAB27&0&2...
  5. An external keyboard is working in Windows 7 but not in Windows 10

An external keyboard is working in Windows 7 but not in Windows 10: I have an external keyboard (Redragron Karura 502). It is working on Windows 7 and other Linux based OS like Ubuntu and Kali. But it failed to work on Windows 10. It gives an error "USB device not recognized". Note: This keyboard didn't come with any external driver....
  6. My windows key on keyboard isn't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My windows key on keyboard isn't work: Hello everyone. I have problem on my keyboard it is my windows key or start key not working what can i do ?? My laptop is HP Omen the windows key still work for 2 weeks and stop work and the Shortcuts like windows key + R to open Run program isn't work. I don't know is this...
  7. Keyboard backlight wont work after sleep after downloading windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard backlight wont work after sleep after downloading windows 10: While being on windows 7 home premium which this laptop shipped with, everything worked fine, but after upgrading to windows 10 my keyboard back light wont turn on after i wake it from sleep and this has become a nuisance because when i open my laptop at night where i cant...
  8. No keyboard after sleep

No keyboard after sleep: I resurrected my old HP DV5-1044CA. I did a fresh Windows 10 install. Strangely when the laptop sleeps or if I put it to sleep with the power button or by closing the lid, I can wake it with the keyboard or power button and use the keyboard to enter my PIN but after that the...
  9. Goes to sleep after 2 minutes???

in Windows 10 Support
    Goes to sleep after 2 minutes???: Although set to sleep after an hour while on power, it goes to sleep after 2 minutes. Before the Win 10 upgrade, whatever I set power conservation at was what the laptop followed. Never had any problems until now... Any thoughts? Thanks, Bruce 43893
  10. Computer goes back to sleep after waking

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer goes back to sleep after waking: On my oldest laptop which was upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 I am having a problem with the Sleep function that seems different from anything I have found via search. When the computer is woken up from sleep it will sometimes immediately go back to sleep. This happens...