Windows 10: External usb keyboard isn't working in windows 10 after it goes to sleep

Discus and support External usb keyboard isn't working in windows 10 after it goes to sleep in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When i plug in external usb keyboard to my laptop it works perfectly but it doesn't work when it goes to sleep. I cant wake it up using external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MohiburRahmanShuvo, Jul 12, 2018.

1. External usb keyboard isn't working in windows 10 after it goes to sleep

When i plug in external usb keyboard to my laptop it works perfectly but it doesn't work when it goes to sleep. I cant wake it up using external keyboard. I have to use the build in keyboard of my laptop to wake it up but after that my external keyboard is still non-responsive. All i have to is either unplug the keyboard and plug it in again to make it work or restart my laptop. Please help me!

:)

MohiburRahmanShuvo, Jul 12, 2018

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

External usb keyboard isn't working in windows 10 after it goes to sleep

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

External usb keyboard isn't working in windows 10 after it goes to sleep

1. External usb keyboard isn't working in windows 10 after it goes to sleep - Similar Threads - External usb keyboard

2. AlphaNumeric Keyboard numbers not working on USB External Keyboards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AlphaNumeric Keyboard numbers not working on USB External Keyboards: The number keys on the alphanumeric portion of my USB keyboard are not working except for 5 and 6 and % and ^. I am running Windows 10 with latest critical patches, The problem started about 2 weeks ago. I have swapped out USB keyboards, looked at BIOS, used different USB...
  3. AlphaNumeric Keyboard numbers not working on USB External Keyboards

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AlphaNumeric Keyboard numbers not working on USB External Keyboards: The number keys on the alphanumeric portion of my USB keyboard are not working except for 5 and 6 and % and ^. I am running Windows 10 with latest critical patches, The problem started about 2 weeks ago. I have swapped out USB keyboards, looked at BIOS, used different USB...
  4. AlphaNumeric Keyboard numbers not working on USB External Keyboards

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. External USb Keyboard stop to work after sleep or replug in the USB port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External USb Keyboard stop to work after sleep or replug in the USB port: Hello, I have on my Windows 10 Pro a wired USB keyboard Microsoft 600.I start the PC Asus VivoBook and all works fine.When I sleep the computer or unplug the keyboard, when I resume the computer or I try to insert the keyboard again, It's doesn't work anymore.I searched on...
  6. External USb Keyboard stop to work after sleep or replug in the USB port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External USb Keyboard stop to work after sleep or replug in the USB port: Hello, I have on my Windows 10 Pro a wired USB keyboard Microsoft 600.I start the PC Asus VivoBook and all works fine.When I sleep the computer or unplug the keyboard, when I resume the computer or I try to insert the keyboard again, It's doesn't work anymore.I searched on...
  7. External USb Keyboard stop to work after sleep or replug in the USB port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. USB mouse and keyboard lost after PC goes to sleep

USB mouse and keyboard lost after PC goes to sleep: I have a Microsoft keyboard and Asda mouse connected to my PC via USB. Within the last week it's developed a problem whereby if the PC goes to sleep, on awakening again I have neither mouse or keyboard. which is strange as it's by moving one of the two that I wake the PC up...
  9. Windows 10 External USB Keyboard not working after Hibernate

Windows 10 External USB Keyboard not working after Hibernate: I'm using an Acer Laptop with Windows 10 v1909 OS Build 18363.720. My issue is whenever I put my laptop in Hibernate, the external USB Keyboard A4Tech will stop working. The External USB Mouse works fine but not the keyboard and I can replicate this issue every time I put the...
  10. External screen used to work, now just goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    External screen used to work, now just goes to sleep: Hello, I have windows 10, always worked great with external screens. Without a reason, the external screen goes to sleep between 10-60 seconds after plugging it into my laptop. The display setting shows the screen is connected and working fine (see screenshots), but the...