Windows 10: Extra drive (partition) after update 1803

Discus and support Extra drive (partition) after update 1803 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I updated to 1803 today, and afterwards I suddenly have an extra 'Local Disk D:'. When I click on it, there is nothing in there, but Windows keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EvertX, May 15, 2018.

1. EvertX Win User

Extra drive (partition) after update 1803

So I updated to 1803 today, and afterwards I suddenly have an extra 'Local Disk D:'. When I click on it, there is nothing in there, but Windows keeps nagging me it is full and I need to clean it. But the cleaning app does not find anything either on the drive.
    I restarted multiple times.
    It seems to be an extra partition on my disk, I made a screenshot:

Extra drive (partition) after update 1803 [​IMG]

How do I get rid of this, the notifications about a full disk are cumbersome to say the least.

:)

EvertX, May 15, 2018

2. New disk partition after 1803 update

I also had an additional partition appear after the 1803 update... and am getting the "out of space" warnings.

Some additional information which might help with troubleshooting... Under Disk Management, the partition shows up as "Healthy (OEM Partition)". Just like Anthony1977, I'm seeing this on a Surface computer. Perhaps the OEM Partition was previously
    hidden???

Is anyone getting the extra partition on a computer other than a Surface?

DolphinsRunFast2540, May 15, 2018
  3. Partition Created after Feature Update 1803

Yesterday I updated my laptop (DELL) with feature update 1803. Immediately after updating, I found a new partition with 449MB and when I just opened it there is nothing inside. Can anyone please help me? Why the new partition is created?

saishivapalabindala, May 15, 2018
Thema:

Extra drive (partition) after update 1803

1. Extra drive (partition) after update 1803 - Similar Threads - Extra drive partition

2. Extra partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Extra partitions: I have upgraded Windows 10 multiple times from previous builds to current 1903. I see multiple hidden partitions have been created over the upgrades, and read that most of these are Recovery partitions. I know the first 450 MB one is the one created during the first...
  3. extra drives

in Windows 10 Customization
    extra drives: extra drives showing when I double click my computer I have tried this NOTE: If you are using 64-bit edition of Windows 10, you may notice that the drive icon is still present in "Browse" dialog box such as Save, Save as or Open in some 3rd party 32-bit programs. To remove...
  4. connect to remote drives after 1803 update fails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    connect to remote drives after 1803 update fails: Been looking for a fix for this for a little while, haven't found anything so far, if I missed a post here in my quick searching forgive me :) I updated to Win 10 1803 last week. Now whenever I try to access a remote server or computer drive Windows is too stupid to find it....
  5. Extra partition visible in 'This PC' after update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extra partition visible in 'This PC' after update.: I had the same thing happen to me on my NVMe production PC. I used MiniTool Partition Wizard (MTPW) (free version). Same kind of approach: right-click on improper volume, select "Change Letter" from pop-up menu, then select "None" as the letter to be assigned. I know this...
  6. Macrium finds extra partition

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium finds extra partition: I did a backup and I noticed that Macrium shows 5 partitions while disk management shows 4 partitions, at least graphically. What is that 3rd 128 mb partition about shown in Marcrium. Is it okay to leave it there/leave it be? [img] [img] 84314
  7. Extra Partition

Extra Partition: I think I have an extra partition. Can I remove it? [img] The 500MB is the recovery partition from my Win 10 UPGRADE install, BUT now it's marked as a primary partition. Because I reinstalled Win 10 through Windows, not clean install, and got the 450MB partition which...
  8. Extra partitions after SSD boot drive upgrade

Extra partitions after SSD boot drive upgrade: I upgraded my SSD boot drive from a 128GB to Samsung 850 Pro 256GB. I used the Samsung Migration Tool as instructed. Now I seem to have an new FAT32 100MB partition, a new OTHER 16MB partition, a missing OTHER 128MB partition and a non functioning and I believe much smaller...
  9. Extra small disk partition since update...

in Windows 10 Support
    Extra small disk partition since update...: Since I received the latest update over last weekend, a new small (un-named) partition has appeared at the end of my 'C' Drive - see attached screenshot. Previously there was only a single partition containing all files. Can anyone explain what it is and is it essential,...
  10. Extra partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Extra partitions: In ADMIN TOOLS|COMPUTER MGMT|DISK MGMT the following are listed... C: 952 GB "healthy recovery partition" 450 MB (the box is shaded) "healthy recovery partition" 449 MB D: 909 GB How can I get rid of the recovery partitions (or at least one, if the other is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. extra partitions after windows 10 upgrade