Windows 10: Extra language bar appearing in taskbar

Discus and support Extra language bar appearing in taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I often switch between languages while typing, so I always set the language bar to be visible and floating on the desktop. This makes it more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ChochoYubi, May 26, 2018.

1. Extra language bar appearing in taskbar

I often switch between languages while typing, so I always set the language bar to be visible and floating on the desktop. This makes it more convenient to change language options while working, and saves space on the taskbar. But recently an extra language bar has appeared in the taskbar:

Extra language bar appearing in taskbar [​IMG]

This wastes space on the taskbar. I would rather use that space to display other things. I only want the floating language bar, but I can't find settings anywhere to remove the taskbar langage display.
    If I minimize the floating language bar, I end up with both language bars on the taskbar:

Extra language bar appearing in taskbar [​IMG]
    Any suggestions?

This is Windows 10 64-bit. I just installed Cumulative Update 1803, but this problem has existed for at least a few weeks.

:)

ChochoYubi, May 26, 2018

2. language bar appear but it didn't show anything

Hi,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I would suggest you to check if the language bar is set to "hidden" by following the steps below:

1. Type language in the search bar and open it.

2. Click on "advanced settings" on the left pane.

3. Under "switching input methods", check use the desktop language bar when it's available.

4. Click "options".

5. under language bar, if "hidden" is checked, select "docked in the taskbar" and click ok.

Let us know if this works.

Wungraileng Vashi, May 27, 2018
  3. Language bar disappeared from taskbar in Windows 10

I have done all steps and Docked in the taskbar is checked, but never pined to taskbar,, so ?

mysterieuseabraham, May 27, 2018
Thema:

Extra language bar appearing in taskbar

1. Extra language bar appearing in taskbar - Similar Threads - Extra language bar

2. Languages in the taskbar are not appearing in the settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Languages in the taskbar are not appearing in the settings: Hello,*I added screenshots as links because for some reason this system didn't let me to attach photosOn the task bar I have 4 languages see screenshot but on the settings I see only 2 languages screenshot 2I would like to remove 1 of the Hebrew and also the English UK...
  3. Languages in the taskbar are not appearing in the settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Languages in the taskbar are not appearing in the settings: Hello,*I added screenshots as links because for some reason this system didn't let me to attach photosOn the task bar I have 4 languages see screenshot but on the settings I see only 2 languages screenshot 2I would like to remove 1 of the Hebrew and also the English UK...
  4. Stop Unwanted Languages from appearing in the Language Bar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop Unwanted Languages from appearing in the Language Bar.: I set my regional setting to English Israel, this automatically installs the Hebrew standard keyboard code: HE3 to the language bar; problem is that another program I use automatically installs the other Hebrew keyboard code: HE to the language bar. That's very annoying...
  5. Issue with language bar not appearing

Issue with language bar not appearing: Hello, The language bar on my taskbar disappeared for no reason when i started my laptop. I've tried all the solutions online checking language settings, taskbar settings, keyboard settings, language bar options, using regedit, sfc scan but nothing works and the language bar...
  6. How to remove the extra language thing from taskbar

How to remove the extra language thing from taskbar: I saw this appear when I wanted to change my language so I want to remove the EN but I don't know how. The orange thing. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-the-extra-language-thing-from/12e0577e-b987-4412-8db8-8f79b0a2e348
  7. Can't remove extra language option in langauge bar

Can't remove extra language option in langauge bar: Hi, I have just reinstalled windows10 on my laptop, after the installation, there are 4 language options yet in the language preference settings, there are only 3. How can I remove the additional one? Thanks for your help! [ATTACH]...
  8. Language bar not appearing

Language bar not appearing: The language bar on my laptop is not showing.im currently using an external monitor for my laprop as its screen is broken. The only thubg is the language bar doesnt appear even after ive turned on imput indicafor. Ive tried many methods from registry edit to scanninv the...
  9. Extra taskbar appears right above my normal task bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Extra taskbar appears right above my normal task bar: Hello All, When I use the remote desktop with my laptop docked into my monitors, an extra taskbar appears on one monitor; see the attachment for a screenshot. The problem only exists when I'm docked. Has anyone ever experienced this before and possibly know how to solve...
  10. Inputs randomly appearing in the language bar

Inputs randomly appearing in the language bar: Hello, I keep having getting random keyboard inputs added to the language bar, cluttering the things to the point where it`s annoying to use. It happens on both my laptops and desktop. Even after a clean reinstall of Windows on both machines, the issue persists. Sometimes...