Windows 10: Extra partition visible in 'This PC' after update.

Discus and support Extra partition visible in 'This PC' after update. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had the same thing happen to me on my NVMe production PC. I used MiniTool Partition Wizard (MTPW) (free version). Same kind of approach: right-click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018.

1. EdTittel Win User

Extra partition visible in 'This PC' after update.

I had the same thing happen to me on my NVMe production PC. I used MiniTool Partition Wizard (MTPW) (free version). Same kind of approach: right-click on improper volume, select "Change Letter" from pop-up menu, then select "None" as the letter to be assigned. I know this works, because I've already done it myself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
  2. Loxa Win User

After updating windows i now have a Local Disk D: partition showing in 'This PC' wondering where it came from and what it is for? My OCD is tingling.

Extra partition visible in 'This PC' after update. [​IMG]

:)

3. Extra hard drive partition created without permission

1. I saw the partition today when I switched o laptop

2.no any change

3.HP

4. I am logged as administrator

any way thanks for active replay. today I updated the laptop. and after the update extra the partition(SYSTEM ZExtra partition visible in 'This PC' after update. :) is no more visible.

thanks

Manish M Masih, Apr 30, 2018
  4. Extra partition visible in 'This PC' after update.

Extra recovery partition after Windows 10 1709 update

The recommendation would be to not touch the recovery partitions. You'd just be asking for problems if you did.

If it is still a concern of yours a clean install while deleting all partitions at the start may be your only way to retrieve the < 1GB of storage.

Solar-Eclipse, Apr 30, 2018
  5. ReVolter Win User
    I have the same problem... It's very annoying because Windows always complains about low disk space

ReVolter, Apr 30, 2018
  6. topgundcp Win User
    D: is not supposed to be visible, it is a Recovery partition.
    From Disk Management: Right click on D: ->Change Drive Letter and Path... ->Remove

topgundcp, Apr 30, 2018
  7. Loxa Win User
    Oh ok, is that also the reason windows keeps telling me there is low space on 'Local Disk D:' because it is visible.

Cannot seem to find the option you have suggested.

*Oh i see now, in the Disk Management utility. When i right click on it all i get is a Help icon.

8. ReVolter Win User

This drive can't be deleted... Just a "help" menu".

ReVolter, Apr 30, 2018
  9. topgundcp Win User
    No, that's not the reason.
    Right click on D: from Disk Management

topgundcp, Apr 30, 2018
  10. Loxa Win User
    All i get is a 'Help' icon

11. topgundcp Win User
    Sorry, I forgot this is a special type of partition, Cannot do it from disk management. We have to use diskpart.
    Open Admin command prompt: Win+X->Command Prompt(Admin) then type:

*Arrow Remove Drive Letter in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

diskpart
    select disk 0
    select partition 1
    remove
    exit

topgundcp, Apr 30, 2018
  12. Loxa Win User
    Thanks for the help worked a charm, i used the steps below for anyone with the same problem as 'select disk/partition' did not work for me.

1. Open Windows PowerShell (Admin)
    2. Type in "diskpart" and press enter
    3. Type in "list vol" and press enter
    4. Find which volume listed D: and type in "select volume #" where # is a number
    5. Type in "remove" then press enter and D: will be removed from File Explorer

Thema:

1. Extra partition visible in 'This PC' after update. - Similar Threads - Extra partition visible

2. Disk Management partitions not visible

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disk Management partitions not visible: I've never seen this before and can't seem to find any similar situations online. Trying to add a new SSD drive for additional storage, not Windows C drive. Disk Managment visual representation of partitions is greyed out/ greened out for some reason? I've restarted and all...
  3. RECOVERY partition not visible in DISKPART.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RECOVERY partition not visible in DISKPART.: The recovery partition is not visible in diskpart and therefore the WinRE cannot be found. What do I do to get it to show? It was there before.[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  4. Extra partitions

Extra partitions: I have upgraded Windows 10 multiple times from previous builds to current 1903. I see multiple hidden partitions have been created over the upgrades, and read that most of these are Recovery partitions. I know the first 450 MB one is the one created during the first...
  5. Extra drive (partition) after update 1803

Extra drive (partition) after update 1803: So I updated to 1803 today, and afterwards I suddenly have an extra 'Local Disk D:'. When I click on it, there is nothing in there, but Windows keeps nagging me it is full and I need to clean it. But the cleaning app does not find anything either on the drive. I restarted...
  6. Macrium finds extra partition

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium finds extra partition: I did a backup and I noticed that Macrium shows 5 partitions while disk management shows 4 partitions, at least graphically. What is that 3rd 128 mb partition about shown in Marcrium. Is it okay to leave it there/leave it be? [img] [img] 84314
  7. Extra Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extra Partition: I think I have an extra partition. Can I remove it? [img] The 500MB is the recovery partition from my Win 10 UPGRADE install, BUT now it's marked as a primary partition. Because I reinstalled Win 10 through Windows, not clean install, and got the 450MB partition which...
  8. Extra partitions after SSD boot drive upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extra partitions after SSD boot drive upgrade: I upgraded my SSD boot drive from a 128GB to Samsung 850 Pro 256GB. I used the Samsung Migration Tool as instructed. Now I seem to have an new FAT32 100MB partition, a new OTHER 16MB partition, a missing OTHER 128MB partition and a non functioning and I believe much smaller...
  9. Extra small disk partition since update...

in Windows 10 Support
    Extra small disk partition since update...: Since I received the latest update over last weekend, a new small (un-named) partition has appeared at the end of my 'C' Drive - see attached screenshot. Previously there was only a single partition containing all files. Can anyone explain what it is and is it essential,...
  10. Extra partitions

Extra partitions: In ADMIN TOOLS|COMPUTER MGMT|DISK MGMT the following are listed... C: 952 GB "healthy recovery partition" 450 MB (the box is shaded) "healthy recovery partition" 449 MB D: 909 GB How can I get rid of the recovery partitions (or at least one, if the other is...