Windows 10: Extract Office 2013 key from backup

Discus and support Extract Office 2013 key from backup in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; After doing a clean install of Windows 10 on my PC I just realized I forgot to find out what my Product Key for Office 2013 Professional Plus is. I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by tin, Apr 2, 2016.

1. TIN
    tin Win User

Extract Office 2013 key from backup

After doing a clean install of Windows 10 on my PC I just realized I forgot to find out what my Product Key for Office 2013 Professional Plus is. I do have a Backup though (Disk Image I made using the old standard Windows backup method). Is there any way to find out what my key is using the backup?

:)

2. Bill3038 Win User

INACCESIBLE BOOT DEVICE ERROR on 3 computers with WIN 10

I had images stored on my NAS. I did recover two computers. The image worked on one computer, lost my applications on the 2nd computer, Totally blue screened my 3rd computer that had Office 2013 and Blue Iris installed. I reinstalled win7 on 3rd computer.
    Installed Blue Iris OK, installed Office 2013 and Key and that wouldn't activate. Bought ($160), installed, and activated office2016 from Microsoft Store.

Installed Office 2013 from my Microsoft account on 2nd computer. It activated from the Key on record at Microsoft then rejected saying the number of activation was exceeded. I may have given that office away on a laptop.

I found the purchase receipt and activation key for the Office 2013 installed on 3rd computer before it failed. Tried to install it on the 2nd computer. It took the key but wouldn't activate.

All this happened in a period of 2 days.

I am so pissed.

I know my Office 2013 purchased from Sam's Software is good. I activated and used it several years.

I have since backed up Win 10 on 1st computer and Win 7 on 3rd computer.

The 3rd with Win 10 repeatedly fails to backup. I did go to admin cmd prompt and run dism.exe and sfc /scannow.

sfc reported the computer had integrity. It still cant be backed up. The backup goes to 57% and fails. Says it cant access a volume.

Bill3038, Apr 2, 2016
  3. Loading Windows 10

Office 2013 works just fine here on Windows 10.

Is this a copy of Microsoft Office 2013 you purchased? If you have your product key, try repairing install.

Press Windows key + X

Click Programs and features

Scroll down then click Microsoft Office then click Change/Uninstall on the command bar. Follow the on screen instructions.

If you have your Microsoft Office 2013 product key, from Program and Features, select Microsoft Office then click Change/Uninstall on the command bar then follow instructions to uninstall it.

How to recover your product key (do this before uninstalling Office 2013).

Proceed to download then reinstall:

Manage, Download, Backup, & Restore MS Office Products

Andre Da Costa, Apr 2, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi tin.
    I think, when you first installed O2013, you were required to register it with your MS account, online. If you go back to that site and login, you will be able to install it that way, and the key will be there automatically. Go to here, sign in, do the install that way. If your Office was associated with your MS account, it'll all be there for you.

Hope that helps!

simrick, Apr 2, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    I only have Office Home & Student 2007.

Have a look at this tutorial by Microsoft.....................
    Find your Office product key after installation
    https://support.office.com/en-us/art...3-f41e6cc31c5a

Scroll down to ......Find the product key associated with activated installations linked to your Microsoft account.
    Follow the instructions from there.

davidhk, Apr 2, 2016
  6. TIN
    tin Win User
    I do not have an activated copy of office installed on my PC so this method does not help me unfortunately.

Thema:

1. Extract Office 2013 key from backup - Similar Threads - Extract Office 2013

2. Office 2013 problems with excel 2013

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2013 problems with excel 2013: Hi i am using excel 2013 and have a spreadsheet with two works sheets and a couple of days ago i thought i had hidden quite a few rows at the top of the sheet. But today i loaded it back up and i am not able to unhide them so i might have deleted them? But what is puzzeling...
  3. What is an "ACTIVATION KEY CARD" for Office 2013 ?

What is an "ACTIVATION KEY CARD" for Office 2013 ?: Hello, I wondering what the term "ACTIVATION KEY CARD" means in regards to software or an application ? Thank you, Oscar. 167224
  4. Office 2013

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Office 2013: Hello, I have replaced my Win 8.1 laptop pc with a new Win Home 10S laptop and I want to transfer my licensed Office 2013. I have a key that I used to download but not sure where I got it. The product was purchased at a store. I don't see it listed in the MS Store along...
  5. Office 2013

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Office 2013: I have a PC and when I purchased it I also bought Office 2013. I upgraded the computer to Windows 10. It has a newer version of Office that I must rent. The old Office 2013 is still there. Now when I open a saved Word document, it opens it in Wordpad not Word. How do I...
  6. Migrating Outlook from Office 2013 to Office 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Migrating Outlook from Office 2013 to Office 2016: Hi, is there any way of backing up all email accounts in Outlook 2013 (including username+password) and restoring them in Outlook 2016 without having to manually recreate the accounts? Thanks 53270
  7. Microsoft office 2013 licence key

Microsoft office 2013 licence key: Hi, how do i find the licence for the installed Microsoft office 2013? Thank you 77780
  8. office 2013

office 2013: So i installed my office 2013 and it i guess trying to install the update threw windows update seems like service pack 1 is stuck at 14% and never moves. any idea or way to restart the updates 12440
  9. MS Office 2013

MS Office 2013: I have a fully licensed copy of MS office 2013. I have been sent a word.doc attachment on an email and saved it to the HDD, but Word refuses to open it!!!! 52061
  10. Sign out from Office 2013?

Sign out from Office 2013?: Hello, I have Win10 with a Microsoft Accont enabled. I DON'T want to be signed in in Office (Word, Excel) but I cannot log out ("impossible to sign out" window). I don't understand, I have another PC (but it is Win 8.1) and I have Microsoft Account enabled also...