Windows 10: Extracting a photo from video using Windows Photo App

Discus and support Extracting a photo from video using Windows Photo App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been using the photo app to extract stills from video files for some time. It worked fine when I was using a camera that made .mov files. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IanBouglas, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Extracting a photo from video using Windows Photo App

I have been using the photo app to extract stills from video files for some time. It worked fine when I was using a camera that made .mov files.

My new camera makes MP4 files. When I use the 'save a photo' facility it now saves a one second long video clip as a .jpg file which is not what I expect or want. I can then open that clip and try to save a still. Sometimes it works and sometimes it just saves the whole clip again!

:)

IanBouglas, Jul 31, 2018

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Jul 31, 2018
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Extracting a photo from video using Windows Photo App

Windows 10 Photo App unable to sync photos

Hi,

I realize that you face difficulty with photos app. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, let us know whether you are using same Microsoft account to login to the Windows photo app on both laptop and Desktop.

If not I suggest you to use same Microsoft account to log-in both laptop and desktop.

Then sign out of the photos app and restart the system. Then login again into Windows photo app and check.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to remove and re-add the source location within the windows photo app. Please follow below steps to change the source location.

• Type photos in search bar and press enter.

• Then click on settings (gear icon) in photos app and under
      sources section add the path where photos are saved.
    Please get back to us if you still face any difficulty with photos app.

Thank you.

Prahalad Aramanda, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

Extracting a photo from video using Windows Photo App

1. Extracting a photo from video using Windows Photo App - Similar Threads - Extracting photo video

2. How do i extract the captions on a photo using Microsoft photo desktop app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i extract the captions on a photo using Microsoft photo desktop app?: I received some professional photos and want to extract the captions embedded on the photo file. I'm having trouble as each time i 'ctrl c' copy and paste it is just the photo itself and not the captions. Is there a way to do this?...
  3. How do i extract the captions on a photo using Microsoft photo desktop app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i extract the captions on a photo using Microsoft photo desktop app?: I received some professional photos and want to extract the captions embedded on the photo file. I'm having trouble as each time i 'ctrl c' copy and paste it is just the photo itself and not the captions. Is there a way to do this?...
  4. Videos on Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos on Photos app: I like to go through my photos and videos all at once using the photo app. I was able to just click to the next video just fine before and without changing any settings it all of a sudden started muting each video. So, when I click to the next video or from a photo back to...
  5. Videos on Photos app

Videos on Photos app: I like to go through my photos and videos all at once using the photo app. I was able to just click to the next video just fine before and without changing any settings it all of a sudden started muting each video. So, when I click to the next video or from a photo back to...
  6. saving a photo from a video using microsoft photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    saving a photo from a video using microsoft photo: I have tried to save a photo from a video. It will not save and it gives the message' something went wrong'. I have repaired and reset microsoft photo. I also uninstalled and reinstalled this app. What is the fix for this issue?...
  7. saving a photo from a video using microsoft photo

saving a photo from a video using microsoft photo: I have tried to save a photo from a video. It will not save and it gives the message' something went wrong'. I have repaired and reset microsoft photo. I also uninstalled and reinstalled this app. What is the fix for this issue?...
  8. Photos app - Exporting photos from Video Editor to Photo Album

Photos app - Exporting photos from Video Editor to Photo Album: Is there a way to change a Video Editor into a photo album. We have inadvertently saved a heap of photos from various locations into the Video Editor. I can't seem to find a way to either export them or change the format from a Video Editor to a Photo Album. Any...
  9. Trimming videos using Photos App...

Trimming videos using Photos App...: Re: Trimming videos using the Photos App Any ideas why, when I trim an .mp4 created using Xbox game bar, that the resulting .mp4 is an exponentially smaller file? E.g. I cut 5 mins off a 2 hour video and the file size went from 2mb to .65mb? I personally don't notice...
  10. Video using Microsoft Photo app -

Video using Microsoft Photo app -: Hi - I just created a video using the photo app, and I applied the Adventure theme to it. The video is just under 1 minute, and I have various title cards in the video with text on those title cards, and for various duration. Upon playing the video within the app (to see...