Windows 10: Extracting drivers from exe that doesn't have cmd extract switch

Discus and support Extracting drivers from exe that doesn't have cmd extract switch in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am in the process of building custom images for deployment. Part of that of course is to include the required drivers. Usually I would extract the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jleggett81, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Extracting drivers from exe that doesn't have cmd extract switch

I am in the process of building custom images for deployment. Part of that of course is to include the required drivers. Usually I would extract the needed .inf files from the executable for whatever I was needing, i.e. LAN, Chipset, Graphics, etc, from cmd with the appropriate switch. I have run into a few executables where there is no cmd switch for extracting. I have searched and can't find anything more than things like open archive and copy the contents, run the exe and get the contents of the temp folder that it puts things into. The problem with that is running it tells me my system is not compatible(which it isn't) and opening the archive doesn't reveal anything useful.

What I am needing to know is a way to get the files I need from these .exes. These .exe are the drivers from the MB manufacture. I would prefer to stick with what they sent us as these are custom spec'd boards.

Thank you for any help.

:)

jleggett81, Jul 27, 2018
  2. pyramid10 Win User

Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Jul 27, 2018
  3. Extracting Zip Files

Thanks pyramid10 for your contribution, I ensured that the steps taken and the source and destination folders were the same, in the using zip7 as suggested by BunnyJ resolved all issues for me.
    I am the first to admit that I am a long long way from understanding the intricacies of computers and if truth be told I am now to old anyway to absorb much information.
    Cheers.

croydonian, Jul 27, 2018
  4. more123 Win User

Extracting drivers from exe that doesn't have cmd extract switch

HP Drivers won't install

Well the drivers that do actually successfully install extract to this folder. The others don't even extract. I am thinking it's an extraction issue so I will try the 7-zip software like another user suggested. Will keep you guys updated.

more123, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

Extracting drivers from exe that doesn't have cmd extract switch

1. Extracting drivers from exe that doesn't have cmd extract switch - Similar Threads - Extracting drivers exe

2. Extract all only extracts first

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extract all only extracts first: When I select multiple zip files, right click and extract all, it only extracts the first file to a file named after it.This worked previously, I believe. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extract-all-only-extracts-first/64de94fe-1632-4693-9a0b-a769e5d0daeb
  3. Extract all only extracts first

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extract all only extracts first: When I select multiple zip files, right click and extract all, it only extracts the first file to a file named after it.This worked previously, I believe. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extract-all-only-extracts-first/64de94fe-1632-4693-9a0b-a769e5d0daeb
  4. Extracting hardware drivers from an .exe installer package

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extracting hardware drivers from an .exe installer package: Windows 10 Home 21H2 19044.1526, 64-bitHello:I want to update the drivers for my Nvidia graphics card. Nvidia installs a lot of extra stuff that I don't want or need, so I want just the drivers. I followed instructions in a tutorial...
  5. Extracting hardware drivers from an .exe installer package

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extracting hardware drivers from an .exe installer package: Windows 10 Home 21H2 19044.1526, 64-bitHello:I want to update the drivers for my Nvidia graphics card. Nvidia installs a lot of extra stuff that I don't want or need, so I want just the drivers. I followed instructions in a tutorial...
  6. Extracting hardware drivers from an .exe installer package

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Extracting sorunu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extracting sorunu: Arkadaşlar merhaba benim sorunum şu ben bir dosya veya herhangi bir oyun indiriyorum ve bana şöyle diyor aşağıdaki ss bakın bunu diyor yükleniyor ve anında kapanıyor hiç bir şey gelmiyor yükleme ekranı falan ne yapmalıyım ?...
  8. Extracting sorunu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extracting sorunu: Arkadaşlar merhaba benim sorunum şu ben bir dosya veya herhangi bir oyun indiriyorum ve bana şöyle diyor aşağıdaki ss bakın bunu diyor yükleniyor ve anında kapanıyor hiç bir şey gelmiyor yükleme ekranı falan ne yapmalıyım ?...
  9. Needed: CMD to extract files from 'Winre.wim' using DISM?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Needed: CMD to extract files from 'Winre.wim' using DISM?: Sorry to ask such a basic question. I want to extract *.* from Winre.wim into CWD. I've used DISM to extract .NET3.5 into a running system, but I don't want to change the system, so I'm unsure what the DISM arguments are. Also, I have some DISM documentation from...
  10. Extract a .WIM from an .ESD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Extract a .WIM from an .ESD?: Hi guys, I'm trying to make a 10 Pro 10586 image with MDT 2013 Update 1 and I cannot use the ISO I got from the Media Creation Tool. I realized this is because the ISO now uses a install.esd instead of install.wim; I read that it is possible to extract the .wim from a ESD...