Windows 10: Extreme Black Screen of Death, can not even boot to safe mode

Discus and support Extreme Black Screen of Death, can not even boot to safe mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I'm calling this the "Extereme KSOD" to distinguish it from the usual Black Screen of Death where the PC can be rebooted into Safe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Azizhp, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Azizhp Win User

Extreme Black Screen of Death, can not even boot to safe mode

Hi everyone,

I'm calling this the "Extereme KSOD" to distinguish it from the usual Black Screen of Death where the PC can be rebooted into Safe Mode and you still get a mouse cursor. The PC does not boot so I cant run the BSOD tool, I never even make it to the login screen. Here's the play by play.

Features of this Extreme Black Screen of Death:1. Windows recognizes the boot disk. No BIOS errors2. I see the windows logo3. Logo vanishes and circular waiting animation appears. Forever (4 hours minimum)4. Reboot into safe mode has no effect 5. No mouse cursor 6. Hitting F8 and trying Startup Repair had no effect7. Likewise, trying to roll back to previous System Restore Point had no effect. Rollback succeeded and then windows rebooted, and started to reinstall the update all over again. I left it alone.8. system reset (with keep-my-files option, not total wipe) had no effect. screenshot: imgur: the simple 404 page. made a Memtest USB stick on a different PC and booted off it. Passed, so not a RAM issue.
    Trying a full wipe reset now. But do you folks think it might be hardware related?

:)

Azizhp, Dec 16, 2016

2. Windows 10 a disappointment

Definitely. The new update caused the blue screen of death. I am going back to windows 8.1, if I can due to the fact I am in safe mode. Extremely disappointing.

Adrian8595, Dec 16, 2016
  3. complete Windows 10 Anniversary Update black screen death no safe mode or anything diasplay

Need help issued complete Windows 10 Anniversary Update black screen death no safe mode or anything Not display . Also I tried Alt control delete ....not work or show any display screen . And next step I tried turn off power / on hit F8 not work ....only
    F2 or F12 is show boot menu option.... Also I been tried turn of and turn back on and tried to hit window R and window P and Esc not display show for safe mode to repair . Please help me for any solution to repair troubleshoot Windows 10 for death black
    screen ! Thanks

mikehuynh42, Dec 16, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

No way to tell what the cause is at this point. Let's wait and see what happens after the Clean Install (full wipe as you called it).

Ztruker, Dec 16, 2016
Thema:

1. Extreme Black Screen of Death, can not even boot to safe mode - Similar Threads - Extreme Black Screen

2. Black screen when booting to safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen when booting to safe mode: I have had problems with my system from time to time. Blue screen. I suspect it started after the June update KB5027231. After trying ALL except one tips to fix blue screen, I restarted my computer in Safe Mode msconfig. Then the computer boots to black sceen. Managed to get...
  3. Black screen when booting to safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen when booting to safe mode: I have had problems with my system from time to time. Blue screen. I suspect it started after the June update KB5027231. After trying ALL except one tips to fix blue screen, I restarted my computer in Safe Mode msconfig. Then the computer boots to black sceen. Managed to get...
  4. Black screen after setting boot mode to safe mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after setting boot mode to safe mode: System Information:Acer Aspire GX 281 DesktopWindows 10 Home EditionAMD Quad-Core RYZEN 5 1400NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB256GB SSD8GB DDR4I was playing a game in which one of the inputs needed to play was the middle mouse button, but my middle mouse button no longer works so...
  5. Black screen after setting boot mode to safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after setting boot mode to safe mode: System Information:Acer Aspire GX 281 DesktopWindows 10 Home EditionAMD Quad-Core RYZEN 5 1400NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB256GB SSD8GB DDR4I was playing a game in which one of the inputs needed to play was the middle mouse button, but my middle mouse button no longer works so...
  6. Black screen after setting boot mode to safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Black screen in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen in safe mode.: Hello everyone, I tried to reset my PC thru the settings, and I got the message 'The ProfSvc service failed to sign-in/User profile cannot be loaded' when I tried to log in to my PC after the reset. Then I tried to boot it into safe mode, but I got a black screen. After that,...
  8. Black Screen even in Safe Mode on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen even in Safe Mode on Windows 10.: I realise this will not apply to most but ive resolved the problem on my pc. It was plugged into a power strip which has an energy saving switch off feature. Having installed win 10 on a new ssd, it was drawing so little power that it was cutting out the supply to the pc, but...
  9. Black screen even in safe mode

Black screen even in safe mode: I'm getting a black screen with cursor after login, Windows 10. Ctrl-alt-delete shows options but choosing task manager reverts to black screen. Can enter safe mode but same issue with black screen/no task manager. Suspect display drivers may be a factor but cant find any way...
  10. Blue Screen of Death at boot and keeps looping, cannot even go into Safe Mode

Blue Screen of Death at boot and keeps looping, cannot even go into Safe Mode: Hello everyone! So me and my two brothers run into a big problem for our PC. We keep getting a blue screen at boot that keeps looping (meaning the computer will restart and we will get again the blue screen). Most of the time the error is 'resource_not_owned', sometimes...