Windows 10: Extreme System Slowdown - Looking for Cause

Discus and support Extreme System Slowdown - Looking for Cause in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello! I have updated my System Profile.... My system has begun to respond very slowly...programs may take 5 to 10 seconds to launch, changing tabs in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by pwscott, Oct 27, 2016.

1. pwscott Win User

Extreme System Slowdown - Looking for Cause

Hello! I have updated my System Profile.... My system has begun to respond very slowly...programs may take 5 to 10 seconds to launch, changing tabs in browser or quitting a program seems to take forever.

I have looked at what is starting up and looked some at Task Manager without seeing anything obvious.
    I run Norton Security as well as Malware Bytes...have for some time and all ran fast and normally...(I know Norton can be resource intensive, but I like the coverage and it worked great for long time)...

I suspect issue may be related to Shockwave Flash plugin freezing often in Firefox...have updated the plugin 10/25/16. Norton checks the disks and optimizes them...I regularly run latest CCLeaner to clean out caches and log files and clean registry etc.

Any guidance appreciated!! Screen cap of task manager window below...
    Phil

Extreme System Slowdown - Looking for Cause [​IMG]

:)

pwscott, Oct 27, 2016
  2. pwnc Win User

my windows phone store downloads are very slow

*bump
    Extremely slow today.

Is it the NSA causing the slowdown?

3. System slowdown...

Hi William,

The issue you are experiencing may have been caused by corrupted system files or due to a software conflict.

To improve PC performance in Windows 10, you can refer to the steps provided in this
    article.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Oct 27, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Oct 28, 2016
Thema:

1. Extreme System Slowdown - Looking for Cause - Similar Threads - Extreme System Slowdown

2. Computer Extreme Slowdown After Motherboard Replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Extreme Slowdown After Motherboard Replacement: Recently my motherboard died and I had to get it replaced. I took it to a repair shop and had it done, but since getting it back it has been running much more slowly, programs that ordinarily start up with Windows don't anymore, and now I can't even play games on it anymore...
  3. Computer Extreme Slowdown After Motherboard Replacement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Extreme Slowdown After Motherboard Replacement: Recently my motherboard died and I had to get it replaced. I took it to a repair shop and had it done, but since getting it back it has been running much more slowly, programs that ordinarily start up with Windows don't anymore, and now I can't even play games on it anymore...
  4. Computer Extreme Slowdown After Motherboard Replacement

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. System Slowdown and Unresponsive Applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Slowdown and Unresponsive Applications: System Slowdown and Unresponsive ApplicationsDear Microsoft Community,I trust this message finds you well. I'm reaching out because I've encountered a perplexing issue with my Windows 10 system, and I'm seeking your expertise to help resolve it.Problem Description: Recently,...
  6. System Slowdown and Unresponsive Applications

System Slowdown and Unresponsive Applications: System Slowdown and Unresponsive ApplicationsDear Microsoft Community,I trust this message finds you well. I'm reaching out because I've encountered a perplexing issue with my Windows 10 system, and I'm seeking your expertise to help resolve it.Problem Description: Recently,...
  7. System Slowdown and Unresponsive Applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. ndsis.sys and others causing slowdowns.

ndsis.sys and others causing slowdowns.: As above. It's just impossible to play anything.. If I start streaming then the game just freezes all together.. From playing @ more than 70fps on a fast paced game with the highest settings I can even lower the settings to minimum and my FPS just drops to 30 average and...
  9. Changing system volume causes extreme lag

Changing system volume causes extreme lag: Hey everyone, For some reason over the last week or so I've been having this weird problem that I've never seen before. As the title says, any time I adjust my volume it causes my entire system to lag terribly until a few seconds after the volume bar/media display...
  10. Mysterious System Slowdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Mysterious System Slowdown: I'm posting this on behalf of my old friend and colleague, Herb Martin, who used to teach Windows NT desktop and server curriculum at his company LearnQuick.com back in the day when I was first getting into that same area (which puts it around 1994-1995). He still works with...