Windows 10: Extremely low network speed problem

Discus and support Extremely low network speed problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 10 Pro. My Internet speed is very low. I've had a very reliable and knowledgeable COX cable senior technician to my home for almost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nisko, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Nisko Win User

Extremely low network speed problem

I'm using Windows 10 Pro. My Internet speed is very low. I've had a very reliable and knowledgeable COX cable senior technician to my home for almost two full days. The signal coming into my home is a little over 100 Mbps. However, only three feet from the router, it drops down to 20 Mbps or lower. The technician tried everything including five brand new routers - all with the same result. The modem was also changed five times - all brand new and of different brands. The signal coming into my modem is constant at a little over 100 Mbps. There is nothing more he can do. There are no obstacles between the router and my computer. I also have tried several other computers with the same poor results. So I present this serious problem to this forum for help.

:)

Nisko, Jun 14, 2018

2. Slow Network speed

Hi Andrew,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with the Internet speed.

I will certainly help you.

I appreciate you efforts in troubleshooting the system issue.

I suggest you to please follow the below steps to fix the network issue:

• Press Windows logo key + X key, and select
      Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type netsh winsock reset and press
      Enter.
    • Type netsh int ip reset and press
      Enter
    • Type ipconfig /release and press
      Enter
    • Type ipconfig /renew and press
      Enter
    • Type ipconfig /flushdns and press
      Enter
    • Restart the system after performing above steps.

If the issue still persist. Please refer to the link to
    fix network connection issues in Windows 10.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

Please reach back to us, if you still face the difficulty with Network speed. We will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Jun 14, 2018
  3. 13rennon Win User
    Network speeds drastically reduced overnight.

Issue:Overnight my download speeds have dropped drastically on this PC. Other devices show typical speeds of 65 Mbps down and 10 Mbps up. This PC is showing roughly 5-7 Mbps down and 10 Mbps up on 5 GHz network and around 25 down and 10 up on my 2.4 GHz network. This is consistent over multiple tests and browsers of course.

Info:

• Windows 10-1511 Build 10586.164
    • No firewall/AV enabled (Windows Defender disabled in GPEdit.)
    • Linksys WMP600N Wireless adapter (802.11 b/g/n Dual band).
    • D-Link DIR-850L router (802.11b/g/n/ac Dual band).

What I've tried/checked so far:
    • Malwarebytes turns up nothing on full system scan.
    • Task Manager / Resource Monitor shows nothing is using network out of the ordinary.
    • Tried 4 different WLAN driver versions with the same results no matter which is installed.
    • Ran TCP/IP stack reset (netsh i i r r).
    • Reset winsocks (netsh winsock reset).
    • Flushed DNS.
    • Restarted PC.
    • Powercycled router/modem.

Attempting Ethernet would be extremely challenging and I'm 99% certain this is specific to the WLAN adapter. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

13rennon, Jun 14, 2018
  4. doc89 Win User

LAN Network Slow speeds

update, problem fix with the following. Thanks 100MB/s on large files

doc89, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Extremely low network speed problem - Similar Threads - Extremely low network

2. Microphone array is extremely low.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone array is extremely low.: I recently downloaded Windows 11 expecting to be improvements, but instead the microphone array stopped working. The volume of it is at 100%, it claims to be fully working, but when I test it and use it on another application, the amount of volume I can reach no matter how...
  3. Extremely low SSD speeds being hogged by "system" in TskMgr

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extremely low SSD speeds being hogged by "system" in TskMgr: my boot times into windows have not changed, however once i open windows, my pc becomes extrmeley slow. when i check task manager, it says 50% disk usage one of my ssd is empty, so is essentially 100% but is around 1 or 2 mbs. This happened after i was running a...
  4. Extremely low SSD speeds being hogged by "system" in TskMgr

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extremely low SSD speeds being hogged by "system" in TskMgr: my boot times into windows have not changed, however once i open windows, my pc becomes extrmeley slow. when i check task manager, it says 50% disk usage one of my ssd is empty, so is essentially 100% but is around 1 or 2 mbs. This happened after i was running a...
  5. Extremely low SSD speeds being hogged by "system" in TskMgr

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. LAN Upload speed suddenly extremly low

LAN Upload speed suddenly extremly low: Hi All, My upload speed suddenly seems to be limited to 355KB/s wich by the way seems to be some magic number, if you google it, it get's mentioned in many speed related issues I first noticed it while uploading a file to a NAS I'm working on. Yesterday it uploaded at...
  7. Extremely low download speed on Wifi only

Extremely low download speed on Wifi only: Since March I have had an issue with the internet speed on my HP Laptop. When I run a speed test on the WiFi the download is 0.55 and the upload is 10.6. When I plug the laptop in with the Ethernet cable the download is over 100 and the upload is 12. I have read many others...
  8. Problem of low speed internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem of low speed internet: Hello to all. I just bought a laptop, but I ran into a problem: the phone catches the Internet at 100 Mbps, and the laptop is only 20 at the same distance ... How can I fix this? Intel driver updated, no one has changed ... submitted by /u/MasterHunter234 [link]...
  9. Network usage high , download speed low

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network usage high , download speed low: So i have this problem where i take an horribly long time to download anything, so i checked in task manager to see network usage , and i saw that , no matter which software i was using to download ( steam , epic , uplay etc), they were using all the bandwitdh , so i should...
  10. File Transfer Speed Extremely Low

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File Transfer Speed Extremely Low: Hi. I was trying to copy a 2gb file over to another folder, and the transfer speed dropped down to kilobytes or even bytes per second. Sometimes, however, it wildly fluctuates all over the place - from 4KB/s to 50MB/s. How can I fix this? Thanks. 76291