Windows 10: F Keys and Rebooting ?

Discus and support F Keys and Rebooting ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Have a Dell xps 8900 General question please: Is the only was to get to the F keys via rebooting and pressing a key during startup ? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Robert11 Win User

F Keys and Rebooting ?

Hello
    Have a Dell xps 8900

General question please:

Is the only was to get to the F keys
    via rebooting and pressing a key during startup ?

I want to change the boot sequence,
    but would like to do it now without
    shutting off and rebooting.

Any way ?

:)

Robert11, Dec 7, 2017

2. Shortuct keys, F-Lock, and F keys not working

I was having the same problems with my keyboard...

Windows search " System settings"

Then go to the bar that says Function or FN key.

Change the setting to " standard F-1 F-12 mode.

It will restart your computer.

It should solve the problem, but you may have to re apply the settings multiple times and restart multiple times for the settings to kick in. I had to do it 4 times. Hope this helps! PS check other sites for solutions too. Please reply to tell me if
    it works or not.

F Keys and Rebooting ? [​IMG]

Clayton 909, Dec 7, 2017
  3. Zoggles Win User
    Shortuct keys, F-Lock, and F keys not working

I don't have anything like that, and none of the windows 10 settings pages I have, has anything to do with a Function Key Mode (not that I have an Fn key, only the F-Lock on the Ergonomic 4000).

Also, this is a desktop.. not a laptop.

F Keys and Rebooting ? [​IMG]

Zoggles, Dec 7, 2017
  4. F Keys and Rebooting ?

Wiley Coyote, Dec 7, 2017
  5. Berton Win User
    Unless I'm reading the question wrong, the only way to get to the BIOS to change things is by rebooting. The basic issue is that any OS/Operating System reads the BIOS data to know what resources the motherboard is providing so as to know how to set themselves up for use, have had to deal with that since starting to build computers back in '94. There is a feature in Windows about logging off or changing user that may not require rebooting. Some new computers may have software that works with their BIOS for making changes. My latest, an ASUS desktop from a year ago, has software that can be used to make changes but changing the boot order still requires clicking an icon to make it reboot.

Berton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

F Keys and Rebooting ?

1. F Keys and Rebooting ? - Similar Threads - Keys Rebooting

2. Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...: It appears I have fixed my own problem but all the prior threads on the subject were locked, so I made my own to help others with this issue.I am running windows 11, but this may be the same on other versions.The security key is not controlled in the "WLAN Autoconfig" service...
  3. Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...: It appears I have fixed my own problem but all the prior threads on the subject were locked, so I made my own to help others with this issue.I am running windows 11, but this may be the same on other versions.The security key is not controlled in the "WLAN Autoconfig" service...
  4. Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...: I have a brand new computer. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-ask-for-the-wi-fi-security-key/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  5. Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...

Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...: I have a brand new computer. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-ask-for-the-wi-fi-security-key/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  6. My laptop asks for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect Automatically"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop asks for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect Automatically"...: I have a brand new Asus computer running Windows Home 11. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-asks-for-the-wi-fi-security-key-after-a/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  7. My laptop asks for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect Automatically"...

My laptop asks for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect Automatically"...: I have a brand new Asus computer running Windows Home 11. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-asks-for-the-wi-fi-security-key-after-a/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  8. Why does my laptop ask for the WIFI security key after a reboot when the "Connect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop ask for the WIFI security key after a reboot when the "Connect...: I have a brand new Asus computer running Windows Home 11. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-ask-for-the-wifi-security-key/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  9. Why does my laptop ask for the WIFI security key after a reboot when the "Connect...

Why does my laptop ask for the WIFI security key after a reboot when the "Connect...: I have a brand new Asus computer running Windows Home 11. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-ask-for-the-wifi-security-key/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  10. The screen is black, it’s saying Boot device found. Press any key to reboot the machine_...

The screen is black, it’s saying Boot device found. Press any key to reboot the machine_...: HiThe screen is black, it’s saying Boot device found. Press any key to reboot the machine_ nothing happen. . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-screen-is-black-its-saying-boot-device-found/56d5cae5-3c68-4d7f-ad18-64823bb9a75b