Windows 10: F1 2017 dx11 vs dx12

Discus and support F1 2017 dx11 vs dx12 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm confused (not strange considering my age)On steam, DX11 is listed as recommended HW, but now the game is installed. I found the following 4 files:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Burgurne, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Burgurne Win User

F1 2017 dx11 vs dx12

I'm confused (not strange considering my age)On steam, DX11 is listed as recommended HW, but now the game is installed. I found the following 4 files:
    GFSDK_SSAO_D3D11.win64.dll
    GFSDK_SSAO_D3D11_UWP.win64.dll
    GFSDK_SSAO_D3D12.win64.dll
    GFSDK_SSAO_D3D12_UWP.win64.dll

But the game is running DX11, and I can not figure out how to switch to DX12. A google search made me even more confused, some people claim it supports DX12 after patch 1.6, others that it don't, as it should work with the dam consoles in online gaming-mode.
    Anyone here can tell me if / how I can get the game in DX12 mode in singleplayer ??? *Smile

:)

Burgurne, Sep 25, 2017
  2. EmreTosun Win User

unable to play some games with directx 12

Game is actually supported for dx12, no any error mesagges/codes. According to the other player's comments that i saw, they say that the game works well with SLI on dx11 but not on dx12. So I want my system to be dx11. But in the dxdiag, it shows dx12.
    Is it possible to do it dx11?

EmreTosun, Sep 25, 2017
  3. How to downgrade from DirectX12 to 11?

DX12 should be able to run dx11 apps

Care to tell us more?

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Sep 25, 2017
  4. sygnus21 Win User

F1 2017 dx11 vs dx12

@Burgurne,

If the game is only DX11, then even if you have a DX12 GPU (video card), and a DX12 OS (Windows 10), the game will only run is DX11 as that the mode the game was designed to run in. In order to run in DX12 mode you need 3 things....

• Game must be a DX12 title
    • GPU must be DX12 capable
    • OS must support DX12
    If any of those things at missing, the game will run in the lowest DX mode available to the lowest item. In your case it appears the game is only DX11 capable, so your DX mode will be 11. Also be aware that the DX API is backwards compatible, which means DX12 can play older DX games - 8 - 11 for example. That even though the OS is DX12 capable, doesn't mean a DX9 title is automatically elevated to DX12.

Here's a list of DX12 supported games - List of games with DirectX 12 support - Wikipedia.

Hope that answers your question.

BTW What is the game title in question?

sygnus21, Sep 25, 2017
  5. Burgurne Win User
    Yes, I know that if a game is listed as DX11, then it will stay at DX11, but as I wrote in #0, there are these 4 files in the gamedir after installing the game:
    GFSDK_SSAO_D3D11.win64.dll
    GFSDK_SSAO_D3D11_UWP.win64.dll
    GFSDK_SSAO_D3D12.win64.dll
    GFSDK_SSAO_D3D12_UWP.win64.dll

And it looks to me, as if the last file is in fact DX12 in a 64bit windows, but how to activate it?

The game is this:
    F1™ 2017 on Steam
    and it is a DX11 game, but with some dx12 files in gamedir after an update.

Burgurne, Sep 25, 2017
  6. sygnus21 Win User
    Don't know what those files are or what they represent, but I do know the game is listed as a DX11 game as noted in the system requirements. And if the game was DX12 capable, it would allow you to enable it as shown is the game Deus EX: Mankind Divided Settings for example....

F1 2017 dx11 vs dx12 [​IMG]

That said, I'm sure the game is utilizing some DX12 functions, but that doesn't make the game a full DX12 title. At the end of the day, I can not give you a definitive answer to the purpose of those files, I just the know the game is listed as a DX11 title, and has not of yet been patched to DX12, which was the case for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided in my example.

The bottom line is you can not enable the game to run in DX12 mode if the game developer hasn't supported it. It's up to the game developer, not the other way around. Sorry.

sygnus21, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

F1 2017 dx11 vs dx12

1. F1 2017 dx11 vs dx12 - Similar Threads - 2017 dx11 dx12

2. How to downgrade from DX12 to DX11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to downgrade from DX12 to DX11: I recently got my computer completely rebuilt and in such DX12 was automatically installed where as previously i had DX11 ever since i haven't been able to run the simplist of games such as roblox or minecraft without it instantly crashing on launch its getting extremely...
  3. How to downgrade from DX12 to DX11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to downgrade from DX12 to DX11: I recently got my computer completely rebuilt and in such DX12 was automatically installed where as previously i had DX11 ever since i haven't been able to run the simplist of games such as roblox or minecraft without it instantly crashing on launch its getting extremely...
  4. How to downgrade from DX12 to DX11

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Program Video Game crashes on DX12 & DX11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program Video Game crashes on DX12 & DX11: Summary:My computer keeps crashing to desktop on any newer games, and I just assumed it was a because the games were new and wouldn't play them for a time. It's been around a year and it's the same games, Elden Ring, Warhammer III, Hogwart's Legacy, etc, same issue. I've been...
  6. Program Video Game crashes on DX12 & DX11

Program Video Game crashes on DX12 & DX11: Summary:My computer keeps crashing to desktop on any newer games, and I just assumed it was a because the games were new and wouldn't play them for a time. It's been around a year and it's the same games, Elden Ring, Warhammer III, Hogwart's Legacy, etc, same issue. I've been...
  7. Access file location of DX12 to force DX11

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access file location of DX12 to force DX11: Split from this thread.Thank you for reply, but last Saturday I got back to live this game. I don't sure which helped, but at the same time I installed new chipset driver, lan driver and updated motherboard bios. After that the game starts allright, without any problem or...
  8. Access file location of DX12 to force DX11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access file location of DX12 to force DX11: Split from this thread.Thank you for reply, but last Saturday I got back to live this game. I don't sure which helped, but at the same time I installed new chipset driver, lan driver and updated motherboard bios. After that the game starts allright, without any problem or...
  9. Access file location of DX12 to force DX11

10. DX12 - DX11

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DX12 - DX11: Hello, I have a Windows 10 64Bit with a DirectX12 GPU (Geforce GTX 1060 6GB). When I try to run the game "Crysis3", I get an error report saying that I need DirectX 11 to run the game. How can I solve this?...