Windows 10: F1 hotkey remove for edge browser

Discus and support F1 hotkey remove for edge browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Ive been trying to remove the F1 hotkey to stop bringing up the edge browser, i try and hit escape on my laptop and i keep accidentally clicking F1,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by darkf0xx, Aug 22, 2018.

1. darkf0xx Win User

F1 hotkey remove for edge browser

Ive been trying to remove the F1 hotkey to stop bringing up the edge browser, i try and hit escape on my laptop and i keep accidentally clicking F1, its really annoying

:)

darkf0xx, Aug 22, 2018

2. Help F1 opens Edge even if not the default browser

I noticed that pushing F1 to get help from windows automatically opens Microsoft Edge even a different browser is set as default.

Alexis-Mag, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Edge browser is not working!!!!

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try restarting Microsoft Edge Browser and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Open task manager right click on Microsoft Edge and go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click end task

• Restart your Computer and check if it helps.

• Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 22, 2018
  4. AndreTen Win User

View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser??

I found suggestion on MS forums that could work. Did you tried this?

AndreTen, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

1. F1 hotkey remove for edge browser - Similar Threads - hotkey remove edge

2. Remove mouse hotkey associations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove mouse hotkey associations: Hi,I have a mouse with MB 4 + 5 and i can't for the life of me work out how to remove the hotkey association without flat out dissabling them i want to retain the use of them it is frustrating me to no en. everything isearch for on the internet is for either microsoft...
  3. The windows f1 hotkey

in Windows 10 Customization
    The windows f1 hotkey: I need help disabling the f1 hotkey in Windows 10. It is annoying when in game, or anytime i am on my laptop. Please help -PaintTray https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-windows-f1-hotkey/9dd8a954-448b-4022-a386-7b85a95617ba
  4. f1-f12 hotkeys

f1-f12 hotkeys: I have an HP Pavilion laptop with a Windows 10 operating system. I've been trying to disable the f1 through f12 hotkeys so I can use them to play Minecraft, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. I've tried searching for gpedit in my search bar but nothing...
  5. Remove/Disable Edge Browser

in Cortana
    Remove/Disable Edge Browser: Please click following link to know the steps to Disable/Remove Edge Browser. Remove Edge_Click Here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removedisable-edge-browser/0200f164-fa1b-4c43-b359-044d85b00ede"
  6. pressing f1 opens a web browser.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pressing f1 opens a web browser.: Hello Community, Whenever i press f1 , it opens a new tab in the chrome browser. I have googled for a solution, but none of those worked. i will explain what i tried: So i read on the internet to change the file name called HelpPane.exe and it should block everything. (...
  7. pressing f1 opens a web browser.

pressing f1 opens a web browser.: Hello Community, Whenever i press f1 , it opens a new tab in the chrome browser. I have googled for a solution, but none of those worked. i will explain what i tried: So i read on the internet to change the file name called HelpPane.exe and it should block everything. (...
  8. Remove DNS Unlocker from Edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    Remove DNS Unlocker from Edge browser: I somehow managed to get an infection of DNS Unlocker on my laptop. Using various products (Malware bytes McAfee etc) I have managed to eradicate it from most places (Firefox now clean etc.) but it is still, obstinately and persistently present in the Windows 10 Edge browser....
  9. edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    edge browser: hi all,I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 a while ago.I can get the start menu ok but cant get the edge browser or cortona.When I click on edge it comes on for a few seconds then leaves the screen.Anybody got any ideas why?Your help would be very much appreciated....
  10. How to remove/disable Windows Edge browser?

in Browsers and Email
    How to remove/disable Windows Edge browser?: Hi I am wanting to remove or at least disable edge browser in Windows 10. I will never use this web browser and so would like to get it out of the way. Thanks for the help*Smile 15999