Windows 10: F4 key

Discus and support F4 key in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; What is the function of the f4 key, on older computers this key was used in Excel. On my new computer this key does not work in Excel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnTownsend3, Aug 1, 2018.

1. F4 key

What is the function of the f4 key, on older computers this key was used in Excel. On my new computer this key does not work in Excel

:)

JohnTownsend3, Aug 1, 2018
  2. MikeBuzga Win User

Ctrl F4 & Alt F4 not functioning as Volume keys in Surface Pro 4, Windows 10

My Ctrl F4 & Alt F4 key aren't working. It appears the Ctrl and Alt Keys are not changing the function of the F4 & F5 (Volume on/off). How do I reset or turn the Ctrl and Alt functions back on?

Working on A Surface Pro 4, Win 10

MikeBuzga, Aug 1, 2018
  3. MikeBuzga Win User
    Ctrl F4 & Alt F4 not functioning as Volume keys in Surface Pro 4, Windows 10

Joy,

I don't know what you mean by "troubleshooting report". I don't know that I have one.

My questions has to do with using the Ctrl or Atl key with the F4 key. Those combinations use to close a program (Atl/F4) or close a window (Ctrl/F4). Now all they do is change the Volume to On of Off (which is what the F4 key does by itself). It appears
    that Microsoft has updated their system and either removed that key combination for Surface Pro PC's or updated the system and didn't realize it removed the combination.

What I'm wondering is, is there any fix to the change that would add or bring that combination back to my PC?

MikeBuzga, Aug 1, 2018
  4. F4 key

Change what Fn + f3 and Fn + f4 do

Hi Thomas,

To help you with your concern regarding the Function key, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer of your computer. Kindly follow the steps below on how to contact that manufacturer of the computer:

Please go to Bing.com and try searching using the following combination of words:

• The name of the OEM + “contact information”
    • The name of the OEM + “PC support”

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

F4 key

1. F4 key - Similar Threads - key

2. Windows Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Product Key: Hi, I bought a Sager Gaming Laptop for college about a year ago and have had the issue of it having say "Activate Windows".I've also had the error code 0xC004F213, which says I have no product key on the device despite the computer itself saying it has it. I never got an...
  3. Windows Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Product Key: Hi, I bought a Sager Gaming Laptop for college about a year ago and have had the issue of it having say "Activate Windows".I've also had the error code 0xC004F213, which says I have no product key on the device despite the computer itself saying it has it. I never got an...
  4. not have product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    not have product key: activate free key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-have-product-key/86260df3-08bc-4e1a-8322-41fb003881b9
  5. not have product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not have product key: activate free key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-have-product-key/86260df3-08bc-4e1a-8322-41fb003881b9
  6. not have product key

7. Windows licence key transfer from a dead pc to a new.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows licence key transfer from a dead pc to a new.: Hello, ı have bought windows 8 pro Licence key at past and around 1 year later I have free upgraded it to windows 10. Now, that desktop computer has a severe problem with motherboard and not even starting. So that ı cannot reach windows to unregister the license key. Now I am...
  8. Windows licence key transfer from a dead pc to a new.

Windows licence key transfer from a dead pc to a new.: Hello, ı have bought windows 8 pro Licence key at past and around 1 year later I have free upgraded it to windows 10. Now, that desktop computer has a severe problem with motherboard and not even starting. So that ı cannot reach windows to unregister the license key. Now I am...
  9. Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows: I can't activate Windows 11 Pro with the key that I purchased for it after doing a clean install of Windows. It remains stuck at Windows 11 Home Edition.Can someone assist?...
  10. Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows

Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows: I can't activate Windows 11 Pro with the key that I purchased for it after doing a clean install of Windows. It remains stuck at Windows 11 Home Edition.Can someone assist?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows function key F4 in notepad

2. f4 in windows 10

3. f4 key

4. windows f4 key