Windows 10: Face - Turn On or Off Automatically Unlock Screen in Windows 10

Discus and support Face - Turn On or Off Automatically Unlock Screen in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Face - Turn On or Off Automatically Unlock Screen in Windows 10 [img] Information face, or eye recognition. Windows Hello, greets you by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Face - Turn On or Off Automatically Unlock Screen in Windows 10

How to: Face - Turn On or Off Automatically Unlock Screen in Windows 10

Face - Turn On or Off Automatically Unlock Screen in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information face, or eye recognition.

Windows Hello, greets you by name and with a smile, letting you sign in without a password and providing instant, more secure access to your Windows 10 devices. Windows Hello introduces system support for biometric authentication – using your face, iris, or fingerprint to unlock your devices – with technology that is much safer than traditional passwords. You– uniquely you– plus your device are the keys to your Windows experience, apps, data and even websites and services – not a random assortment of letters and numbers that are easily forgotten, hacked, or written down and pinned to a bulletin board. Modern sensors recognize your unique personal characteristics to sign-you-in on a supporting Windows 10 device.

After you set up your face with Windows Hello, you can turn on or off to automatically unlock the lock screen when Windows Hello recognizes your face to sign in with.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off to automatically dismiss the lock screen if Windows Hello recognizes your face in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Automatically Dismiss Lock Screen when Face is Recognized in Settings
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Automatically Dismiss Lock Screen when Face is Recognized in Registry Editor

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Automatically Dismiss Lock Screen when Face is Recognized in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Accounts icon.

2. Click/tap on Sign-in options on the left side, and turn on or off Automatically dismiss the lock screen if we recognize your face for what you want under Face under Windows Hello on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Automatically Dismiss Lock Screen when Face is Recognized in Registry Editor

Note You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to do this option.

1. Open a command prompt, copy and paste the command below, and press Enter.
    *Arrow wmic useraccount list brief
    2. Make note of the SID (ex: S-1-5-21-3805314223-219034569-1648957350-1001) for the user account (ex: Brink) you want to turn on or off automatically unlock screen when face is recognized. You will need to the SID in step 6 below. (see screenshot below)

3. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type regedit, and click/tap on OK to open Registry Editor.

4. If prompted by UAC, click/tap on Yes.

5. In Registry Editor, browse to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\FaceLogon

6. Under the FaceLogon key, look for a subkey with the same name as the SID from step 2 above, and open it. (see screenshot below step 5)

Note If there isn't a key for the SID, then it means this user account did not set up a face in Windows Hello first.

7. In the right pane of the SID key (ex: S-1-5-21-3805314223-219034569-1648957350-1001), double click/tap on the AutoDismissOn DWORD to modify it. (see screenshot below step 5)

8. Do step 9 (on) or step 10 (off) below for what you want to do.

9. To Turn On Automatically Dismiss Lock Screen when Face is Recognized
    A) Type 1, click/tap on OK, and go to step 11 below. (see screenshot below)

10. To Turn Off Automatically Dismiss Lock Screen when Face is Recognized
    A) Type 0, click/tap on OK, and go to step 11 below. (see screenshot below)

11. You can now close Registry Editor if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 22, 2017
  2. Brink Win User

Improve Windows Hello Face Recognition in Windows 10

Hello RLAR, and welcome to Ten Forums. Face - Turn On or Off Automatically Unlock Screen in Windows 10 :)

Since you want to have an option to sign in with PIN or Face, you could use the tutorial below to make sure Automatically dismiss the lock screen if we recognize your face is turned off.

*Arrow Face - Turn On or Off Automatically Unlock Screen in Windows 10 Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

While on your sign-in screen, you can click tap on the Sign-in options link to be able to select which option you want to use. Usually, the last option you used is what is selected by default next time.

*Arrow Sign in to Windows 10 Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  5. RLAR Win User
    Improve Windows Hello Face Recognition in Windows 10

Thnx. I did try turning off the "Automatically dismiss the lock screen if we recognize your face" button. (That wording is a little different then your screen is showing.) When I restarted my computer, the face recognition mode came up with a dismiss comment, red lights flashing and it just sat there. Eventually it said welcome, but then the screen went black...for about 10 minutes. I thought I was dead in the water. So kinda chicken to try it again. And chicken to attempt step 2....way out of my league. Maybe under face recognition, above the turn on/off auto face button, I should select "remove," and it would defaut to my pin? Seems odd that something that should be so simple isn't.

6. Kol12 Win User
    Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup  

Hi Brink,

I do have a tick in Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer. I have never un-ticked it before.

It must have been my imagination? After another 2-3 restarts since yesterday the admin account is not automatically logging in. Maybe strange things like this happen sometimes?

Kol12, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Face - Turn On or Off Automatically Unlock Screen in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Face Turn Off

2. Windows hello face unlock wont automatically dismiss lock screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello face unlock wont automatically dismiss lock screen.: Hi, I have recently updated my laptop to Windows 11 home edition.I have noticed issue with windows hello face logon.When I lock the system manually, windows will detect my face but I have to manually input a keystroke to unlock.I get a message saying "Welcome back xxx!...
  3. Windows hello face unlock wont automatically dismiss lock screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows hello face unlock wont automatically dismiss lock screen.: Hi, I have recently updated my laptop to Windows 11 home edition.I have noticed issue with windows hello face logon.When I lock the system manually, windows will detect my face but I have to manually input a keystroke to unlock.I get a message saying "Welcome back xxx!...
  4. Windows 11 not turning off my screen automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not turning off my screen automatically: No matter how many minutes I set in Windows 11 for my screen to turn off automatically, it does not.The problem has existed for about a month, around the same time I installed on my PC and started using Teams for my work. Is there any known issue with Teams disabling screen...
  5. Windows 11 not turning off my screen automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 not turning off my screen automatically: No matter how many minutes I set in Windows 11 for my screen to turn off automatically, it does not.The problem has existed for about a month, around the same time I installed on my PC and started using Teams for my work. Is there any known issue with Teams disabling screen...
  6. My windows 10 automatically turns off lock screen wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    My windows 10 automatically turns off lock screen wallpaper: This option turns off automatically I have tried many times but still, it is 'off' I have checked for updates but my PC is up to date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-automatically-turns-off-lock-screen/cc3de8f4-ed76-4532-9d8e-8fcf21a5be56
  7. Windows 10 turns off and on automatically. Shows automatic repair screen but turns off...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 turns off and on automatically. Shows automatic repair screen but turns off...: My Windows 10 lenovo turns off and on automatically. First it shows 'preparing automatic repair' but turns off again before anything comes up. A few times Windows repair blue screen comes up but before I can pick any option it turns off again. At times i also manage to get...
  8. Facing problem while unlock my laptop after unlock it automatically locked

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Facing problem while unlock my laptop after unlock it automatically locked: While i unlock my laptop it automatically locked after unlock so am not able to access my computer. I am not able to understand what problem is going on my window 10 pro....
  9. My screen keeps turning off automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My screen keeps turning off automatically: My HP Notebook keeps turning its screen off after around 5 minutes of inactivity. I have all the settings set to never turn off or go into sleep mode/turn off. I also have my screen saver to none. Yet it still keeps turning off, and no it is not overheating....
  10. Turn off automatic Windows 10 Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Turn off automatic Windows 10 Updates: Hello. To turn off automatic updates in Windows 10, we basically need to prevent the Windows Update service from running on startup. This can be done by going to Start Menu>type 'Services'>look for a service called 'Windows Update' and double click on it>if it's already...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. LogonUI\FaceLogon