Windows 10: Facebook alerts 14M to privacy bug that changed status to public

Discus and support Facebook alerts 14M to privacy bug that changed status to public in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Facebook has another privacy screw-up on its hands. A bug in May accidentally changed the suggested privacy setting for status updates to public from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Facebook alerts 14M to privacy bug that changed status to public

Read more: Facebook alerts 14M to privacy bug that changed status composer to public TechCrunch

:)

Brink, Jun 7, 2018

2. When I upload photos or updates to Facebook, the default privacy setting is "only me".

First, I would strongly suggest filing out this report to
    file a privacy issue with Facebook

Windows Phone should use the privacy settings set on Facebook. Some steps to try to get this account back in a good state…

• Go to the
      Facebook Privacy Settings page
    • Toggle from “Friends” to “Custom” to “Public” and back again to “Friends”. The simple action of toggling the privacy settings may reset the inheritance. This may take several times for the specific settings to stick from browser and then finally sync to
      the phone.
    • After each change, go to Settings > Email+Accounts, tap-and-hold Facebook and tap Sync.
    Or, if that doesn’t work try this…

• Go to Facebook.com and log in from your PC.
    • On the top-right of the page, click the downward arrow next to Home and click Account Settings.
    • Click Security. Next to Secure Browsing, click Edit and deselect “Browse Facebook on a secure connection (https) when possible”.Note: this is just temporary, you can change it back after you complete the rest of the steps below.
    • Go to the Windows Phone on Facebook page:
      http://apps.facebook.com/7933375107/?ref=ts
      . Note: it will appear like an empty page, but refresh it a number of times until…
    • When you go to http://facebook.com you see the “Windows Phone” app on the left-hand sidebar under APPS.
    • Click the pencil icon next to “Windows Phone” and click Edit Settings. Scroll down to “Posts on your behalf” and ensure it’s set appropriately.

OR, try this:

Let us know if this works or not.

Mike Mongeau, Jun 8, 2018
  3. SpokaneDJ Win User
    Facebook update - Privacy Settinh

This doesn't seem to be correct. My Facebook Default Privacy settings are public, yet when I post a status update using my phone, the status update is tagged as "Your Friends".

SpokaneDJ, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Facebook alerts 14M to privacy bug that changed status to public

1. Facebook alerts 14M to privacy bug that changed status to public - Similar Threads - Facebook alerts 14M

2. Privacy Alert "Cookie Information"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Privacy Alert "Cookie Information": Privacy Alert This was coming from a pop up saying yahoo and other domains are requesting to save a file on my computer called cookie. This is the data d=AQABBAT-YWMCEJ0KAXSkOGhqnDepEtYeLvoFEgEBAQFPY2NrYwAAAAAA_eMAAA&S=AQAAAro-b--7nTh5ZzP82VRSr3oI need more information...
  3. Privacy Alert "Cookie Information"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Privacy Alert "Cookie Information": Privacy Alert This was coming from a pop up saying yahoo and other domains are requesting to save a file on my computer called cookie. This is the data d=AQABBAT-YWMCEJ0KAXSkOGhqnDepEtYeLvoFEgEBAQFPY2NrYwAAAAAA_eMAAA&S=AQAAAro-b--7nTh5ZzP82VRSr3oI need more information...
  4. Adding a privacy policy to a facebook page.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adding a privacy policy to a facebook page.: I need to add a privacy policy link to a facebook business page. I have a draft saved in a word pad document using Windows 10. Can someone explain how to create that link to be able to enter it onto the page please? I cannot see any link icons on the word pad page. Thanks....
  5. Public vs Private networks and how to change it from the default of Public for privacy...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Public vs Private networks and how to change it from the default of Public for privacy...: My network is set to Public but I am afraid that outside parties can use it, if it is set that way. I only use a desktop computer, tablets and cell phones on my network and want to share a multi-function printer between them. How can I change this to a "Private" network and...
  6. privacy alerts re: allow cookies

privacy alerts re: allow cookies: Once again I'm constantly receiving the privacy alert asking to allow or block cookies. The pop-up box does not allow me to check to be certain how the cookie options is set. in IE or Edge browsers I use. After several years of trying I still do not understand what are...
  7. Alert level: Severe Status: Failed?

Alert level: Severe Status: Failed?: I opened a .zip file yesterday curious of it's contents and was immediately hit with the warning Trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.B Alert level: Severe Status: Failed The first message says this above I quickly cancelled the zip extraction and deleted both the .zip and what had been...
  8. Changing Network Status from public to private

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing Network Status from public to private: How do I change a network status from public to private in windows 10 version 1803? * Moved from Community Participation Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-network-status-from-public-to-private/ca5e16a5-28ca-407a-be65-3d7e15a905c2
  9. Blocking Bug in Facebook and Messenger

in Windows 10 News
    Blocking Bug in Facebook and Messenger: Starting today we are notifying over 800,000 users about a bug in Facebook and Messenger that unblocked some people they had blocked. The bug was active between May 29 and June 5 — and while someone who was unblocked could not see content shared with friends, they could have...
  10. Privacy notice post spreading on Facebook a hoax

in Windows 10 News
    Privacy notice post spreading on Facebook a hoax: Beware: a hoax post is currently making the rounds on the Facebook website, which is unwittingly shared by its many users, according to reports from security blogger Graham Cluley. Hoax posts have taken on different looks and forms around Facebook, and have been around for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rest api is deprecated for versions v2.1 and higher app windows phone