Windows 10: Facebook App Notifications

Discus and support Facebook App Notifications in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Hoping someone with knowledge of Facebook can help (not sure if its the App or FB in general, not a big user of it) I like the way the app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by paulsalter, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Facebook App Notifications

Hi,

Hoping someone with knowledge of Facebook can help (not sure if its the App or FB in general, not a big user of it)

I like the way the app integrates so use this over the website, but i keep getting a message in Action Centre about unread Notifications

Today it has just told me I have 29 unread notifications, if i open the app, or go to the website, I might have 1 or 2 notifications but nothing more

Any ideas on what these notifications are as i cant find them on FB itself?

Thanks

:)

paulsalter, Sep 6, 2016
  2. neyol Win User

Notifications app introduced in Asha 311?

same problem .my notifications app is working with facebook but whenever i login facebook with another facebook id, notifications option does not show in facebook app. i also try updated facebook but in vain. why? please help

neyol, Sep 6, 2016
  3. FWBarma Win User
    Lumia 520/Windows Phone 8 - No Facebook Notifications

Nothing is wrong with your facebook app on your WP. Background task permission setting for facebook app only works if you enable lockscreen features for facebook app. And that's nothing to do with notifications. So don't take much time with that.

Facebook notifications should appear whether you install facebook app or not as long you establish a link between your live account and facebook account. This link itself is enough for you to receive facebook notifications on your WP.

The problem here is whether Microsoft service or facebook service is very bad in gives you any notifications. And this bad service still remain till this day. Yes I used to experience that too much. But now, I use 3rd party app like I said before to get
    a better notifications service, like ICQ.

One more trick to get you a better facebook notifications is using their email notifications service. This service is realtime. But beware of big amount of email space usage since facebook will send you every notifications that involved you.

Good luck.

FWBarma, Sep 6, 2016
  4. Plankton Win User

Facebook App Notifications

Just a guess here.....do you have in page feed likes, Groups, game feeds that you are connected with. That would be my guess.

Plankton, Sep 6, 2016
  5. Thanks, I will give that a check

I am a member of some groups, so that could be the cause

Just seems odd i dont see these notifications when viewing the website or inside the app, just in action centre

paulsalter, Sep 6, 2016
  6. Looks like that could be it
    I had a couple of groups set to give notifications

Have now turned them off so will monitor for the next day and see if its resolved *Smile

paulsalter, Sep 6, 2016
  7. Plankton Win User
    Something else to look into.....depending on what browser you use (chrome especially), when you join such groups/feeds, chrome will ask you do want to be notified....I always select "never". I'm not sure how the integration is with Edge or IE and have not seen it in Firefox....that I can remember.

Plankton, Sep 6, 2016
  8. Facebook App Notifications

Thanks for the tip, I use Chrome so will watch out for that one

Mainly only use FB to chat with Friends/Family, not used the groups feature much, even though i am in a few

paulsalter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Facebook App Notifications

1. Facebook App Notifications - Similar Threads - Facebook App Notifications

2. Facebook notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facebook notifications: Can I set notifications to be received from Facebook to be shown up in my notifications area? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facebook-notifications/5d4af9cb-c373-4a73-a848-0468c5eb3692
  3. Facebook notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facebook notifications: Can I set notifications to be received from Facebook to be shown up in my notifications area? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facebook-notifications/5d4af9cb-c373-4a73-a848-0468c5eb3692
  4. Facebook Messenger App Notification Banner Not switching to APP when clicking on it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Facebook Messenger App Notification Banner Not switching to APP when clicking on it: I am having the issue of facebook messenger the app not being switched to when I click on the banner. When a banner pops up from someone messaging me, I click on the banner, and it's not actually letting me switch to it. When I click on it, it highlights the messenger app,...
  5. Facebook Messenger App Notification Banner Not switching to APP when clicking on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facebook Messenger App Notification Banner Not switching to APP when clicking on it: I am having the issue of facebook messenger the app not being switched to when I click on the banner. When a banner pops up from someone messaging me, I click on the banner, and it's not actually letting me switch to it. When I click on it, it highlights the messenger app,...
  6. Facebook Messenger App Notification Banner Not switching to APP when clicking on it

7. Facebook messenger app not showing on notification & actions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facebook messenger app not showing on notification & actions: I wanted to enable the notifications on Facebook messenger 130.0.0.7.115 but it won't show on the settings. I tried restarting and reinstalling, it won't still show....
  8. Facebook messenger app not showing on notification & actions

Facebook messenger app not showing on notification & actions: I wanted to enable the notifications on Facebook messenger 130.0.0.7.115 but it won't show on the settings. I tried restarting and reinstalling, it won't still show....
  9. Facebook messenger app not showing on notification & actions

10. No Notifications in Action Center Except Push Notifications From Apps Such As Facebook, etc.

No Notifications in Action Center Except Push Notifications From Apps Such As Facebook, etc.: Hi! I need help because I think there's a bug in my Action Center. There are push notifications, but the notifications themselves don't show in the Action Center. Also, even if I turn on quiet hours, the push notifications are still enabled and they still don't show up in the...