Windows 10: Facebook App Will not Stay Open

Discus and support Facebook App Will not Stay Open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On wife's laptop, Win 10 Home, Facebook App worked for her until today. Now the app opens for 5sec then closes. She is still on 10240build.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by chideock, Nov 12, 2015.

1. chideock Win User

Facebook App Will not Stay Open

On wife's laptop, Win 10 Home, Facebook App worked for her until today. Now the app opens for 5sec then closes. She is still on 10240build. Uninstall/reinstall no fix. Went to store tried updates there no updates. Rebooted computer after reinstall no fix. New laptop less than a month old so no build upgrade available.

Any idea (she is not going to do a new account) to fix the app?

:)

chideock, Nov 12, 2015

2. Netflix app will not stay open

I recently updated to Windows 10 and have noticed changes with the Netflix app. Netflix first would open, allow me to select a show/movie, and play it but there was no picture. I decided to uninstall and reinstall the app in hopes of that helping, but
    now the app will open for 4 seconds and close out. What do I do to fix it?

marissaschave, Nov 12, 2015
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Netflix app will not stay open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

Did you receive any error message?

Method 1: I suggest you to Run the App troubleshooter from the link below and check if it helps

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2: Perform a Clean Boot and find out which application/service is causing this issue.

A clean boot helps to eliminate software conflicts and to determine what is causing the problem. Perform a clean boot on the computer by following the steps given in the link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10 Insider Preview.

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal
    startup after fixing the issue.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply with necessary information and we will be happy to help you further

Arun B J, Nov 12, 2015
  4. rwener Win User

I have the same problem, as of today (11/25) after a windows upgrade. tried uninstalling and reinstalling - no luck

rwener, Nov 24, 2015
  5. chideock Win User
    Wife now has 10586.14 build. She has not tried the Facebook App again yet. I'll get her to try it today when she has a chance.

chideock, Nov 25, 2015
  6. chideock Win User
    Checked with wife still same issue

chideock, Nov 25, 2015
  7. The app takes you to the store.
    How I got to facebook was got it up showing then on the 3 ... left clicked and pinned it to start
    now when I want it I just click start then face book icon

Or add it to the Favourites Bar or if you use MSN page you will find it there

hTconeM9user, Nov 25, 2015
  8. chideock Win User

She was used to the app from her old iPad so she went that route on her new Laptop.

The windows app worked for her until all the update/upgrades now after downloading the app, pinning it to start it opens for a few seconds then closes. Not entirely sure what your procedure is, maybe you could expand on it a bit.

In the meantime she is using a browser for facebook.

I posted because it seems the app is buggy and maybe there is a fix.

chideock, Nov 25, 2015
  9. In Bing or Google search type facebook.com.
    Once you get the page you want.
    You can log in that way.,
    Well there click on more action where the 3 ... dots are
    Once in you will see Pin To Start.
    Click that and follow where it will ask you to save
    Once done click start down in left hand corner
    where your tiles will open up
    scroll down to find the facebook tile.
    you can resize it.
    That is how you do it,
    Next time you want it go to start click on the tile and facebook will open up for you

Hope that help if you need any other help please do ask

10. chideock Win User
    Oh I see you used Edge for the above - I was trying to figure out the 3 dots thing since I don't use edge. I thought initially you were talking about the app. Now I understand!!!

She has it figured out in Chrome but would still like to use the app. Thanks for the procedure.

chideock, Nov 25, 2015
  11. Let me know if you get stuck
    yes I only use Edge
    I don't have IE11 or Chrome
    if you use IE11 and make msn your home page face book will appear in favourites

12. chideock Win User
    Deleted app. Ran CCleaner Registry option, Re-installed app. Now works.

So either the CCleaner fixed something OR Facebook App is updated - don't know which but app works now.

chideock, Nov 29, 2015
  13. elbmek Win User

I stopped getting FB about 2 hours ago, then whilst trying to find fault saw that windows update wanted to install new win 10; so I left it to run. Came back, still no FB. I tried it via google, - i tried it via desktop icon, tried it via address bar - nothing - same answer 'server cannot be found.' Would try to uninstall ap but cannot open apps page either. Will try via control panel. Its not in there.

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at en-gb.facebook.com.

Check the address for typing errors such as ww.example.com instead of Example Domain
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

elbmek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Facebook App Will not Stay Open - Similar Threads - Facebook App Stay

2. Facebook desktop messenger stay login issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facebook desktop messenger stay login issue: My laptop keep asking me to log in then after successful login if i reopen the app, it still ask for login again. it seems like it does not save my login activity. please help...
  3. Facebook desktop messenger stay login issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facebook desktop messenger stay login issue: My laptop keep asking me to log in then after successful login if i reopen the app, it still ask for login again. it seems like it does not save my login activity. please help...
  4. Facebook Messenger app not opening

Facebook Messenger app not opening: Hi, I am trying to use the facebook messenger app on my windows 10 laptop. However if I try open the app nothing happens. Also if I try to go to the uninstall/change program options to repaid or uninstall the app it is not in the list of programs. It was working fine...
  5. windows settings app won't stay open

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows settings app won't stay open: hi, my windows 10 settings app won't open. Or my specifically, opens momentarily before closing on its own. I hear there is a program fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-settings-app-wont-stay-open/03f2e9b0-43fd-4af6-bb03-5e26fa4028e8
  6. Facebook APP

Facebook APP: WHY would you stop supporting this APP on Windows10??? Poor decision. NOT happy! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facebook-app/7790bb2b-37c5-485b-a0e5-c466bab256d2
  7. Facebook APP

Facebook APP: hi i have a problem i have install Facebook in my desktop when i try to go to the group part it wont load i try to reset and uninstall the application but nothing change https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facebook-app/8aab7373-bd80-4adf-b528-d8e999f02cf8
  8. Windows Facebook app

Windows Facebook app: Recently got a new laptop with Windows 10 in Safe Mode installed. I installed the Windows FB app and am having some problems. 1. When there is an abundance of comments and some are hidden with the message "see # more comments". I cannot open these comments 2. Emojis are...
  9. Tab not opening on FaceBook

in Browsers and Email
    Tab not opening on FaceBook: My wife needs help beyond my ability ! So when she is on face book and wants to open any game she has saved in her favorites she right clicks the game and opens it in another tab, as you see in the 2nd tab it does not open. Flash player is set to allow so that's not the...
  10. Store App, Facebook app, and Facebook Messenger app are all unresponsive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Store App, Facebook app, and Facebook Messenger app are all unresponsive: The apps in the subject line don't open. They're on the screen, but suddenly aren't. I forgot the word for it... but CAN try demonstrating what I mean via photos (attached). [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I hope you understand what I mean. If you need further clarification, I'd...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why facebook can not stay open on phone

2. not staying on facebook

3. facebook will not stay open on windows phone

4. problems with facbook not staying open