Windows 10: Facebook Chat Box

Discus and support Facebook Chat Box in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi folks, Is anyone else missing their Chat Box thing on Facebook? It seems to have disappeared. *Confused Here's what I'm talking about..... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Chuck38, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Chuck38 Win User

Facebook Chat Box

Hi folks,

Is anyone else missing their Chat Box thing on Facebook? It seems to have disappeared. *Confused

Here's what I'm talking about..

Facebook Chat Box [​IMG]

I've edited out any personal details, but as you can see there is no chat box thing on the right side of the website. Is this gone for good or have they taken it down for some weird update. OR is this problem on my end?

Thanks for any help/ info,
    -Chuck

:)

Chuck38, Feb 4, 2015
  2. ChandanP Win User

can't see facebook stickers

facebook recently introduced stickers in chat. click the smily botton on the right corner of ur text box in chat and u will find stickers option

ChandanP, Feb 4, 2015
  3. cannot connect to facebook chat

Hi, Roy.prity

Are you using Skype? It is known to prevent Facebook Chat. Uninstall Skype.

Are you using an alias when attempting to connect? Chat will not work using an alias account. Use your primary ID.

Step 1: If you didn't turn on Facebook Chat when you initially set up your Facebook account on your
    Windows Phone, you can turn it on later in Settings.

1.In the App list, tap Settings.

2. Flick to Applications, then tap Messaging.

3. Turn on 'Use Facebook Chat' toggle switch, then tap 'Set up'.

Step 2: Ensure that your Microsoft account (that you are using on the
    Nokia Lumia) is linked with your Facebook.

Microsoft account | Your profile

Click 'Manage your accounts.' Under Facebook, tap the 'Edit' button. Ensure that the boxes for 'See Facebook friends and their updates' and 'Chat with Facebook friends' are ticked.

Smittychat., Feb 4, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Facebook Chat Box

Have you tried with different browsers?

Dude, Feb 4, 2015
  5. Chuck38 Win User
    I just did. It seems to work on Vivaldi. I'll try it on IE.

EDIT: Yup, it works on IE as well. So it must be a problem with FF?

Chuck38, Feb 4, 2015
  6. Chuck38 Win User
    And now it's working on FF. Weird.

Oh well, thanks anyway Dude! *Smile

Chuck38, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Facebook Chat Box

1. Facebook Chat Box - Similar Threads - Facebook Chat Box

2. facebook video chat

in Windows 10 Customization
    facebook video chat: something happened in the last 2 weeks and now I can not make a video call at facebook messenger... I am using windows 10 with the latest feature update 21h1... when I open camera on my computer I can see myself... tried 2 browsers Edge and Chrome... when I click on camera...
  3. Facebook Messenger on Windows 10 opens the chat box on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facebook Messenger on Windows 10 opens the chat box on startup: I do not mind Messenger running on startup but it always opens up on startup on the screen. How do I stop it doing this? It never did this before....
  4. Facebook video chat not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Facebook video chat not working on Windows 10: Have spent several days attempting to get this video chat working. So far, nothing has helped. Camera and mic work fine using Skype, but not if using Facebook chat. Whenever I click on the camera icon in Facebook chat I get the following error: An Error occured when trying...
  5. No sound on facebook chat it just went away!!!!

No sound on facebook chat it just went away!!!!: No sound on FB chat? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-on-facebook-chat-it-just-went-away/29de8a75-9469-48b3-ad7d-1e403bac3c1a
  6. Cortana chat box

in Cortana
    Cortana chat box: Is there a way to interact with Cortana without the start menu opening every time? I don't need Cortana to stimulate sight and sound every single use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-chat-box/614cbfa4-6c7b-48c8-bd64-6557358bb9e3"
  7. on windows 10 i cant video chat on facebook

on windows 10 i cant video chat on facebook: every time I try it tells me I need to allow messenger to use my camera but it's on an still makes me go to settings and nothing changes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-windows-10-i-cant-video-chat-on-facebook/587779e8-540b-43bf-9616-30c59158c7ee
  8. Facebook chat disconnects....picture uploading nightmares.

in Browsers and Email
    Facebook chat disconnects....picture uploading nightmares.: This has no doubt been beat to death. Recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 1500 gaming computer to edit my photos. Installed Avast, using it for virus and firewall. Having very regular problems uploading pictures to not just Facebook but every forum I frequent. Pictures are not...
  9. Facebook Chat Is Missing "Web" and "Mobile"

in Browsers and Email
    Facebook Chat Is Missing "Web" and "Mobile": Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 earlier, the Facebook chat doesn't show whether someone's online on Web or on Mobile, no matter which browser I use. It used to show this in Windows 7, but from what I've seen, it's gone in Windows 8, too. 13143
  10. Microsoft to drop Facebook, Google Chat integration in Outlook.com

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to drop Facebook, Google Chat integration in Outlook.com: Within "the next couple of weeks," Microsoft will discontinue support for Facebook Chat and Google Chat in Outlook.com. [img] Microsoft notified Outlook.com customers of the pending change via an e-mail message from the Outlook.com team sent on February 24 (Thanks...