Windows 10: Facebook chat disconnects....picture uploading nightmares.

Discus and support Facebook chat disconnects....picture uploading nightmares. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; This has no doubt been beat to death. Recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 1500 gaming computer to edit my photos. Installed Avast, using it for virus... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by doug crann, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Facebook chat disconnects....picture uploading nightmares.

This has no doubt been beat to death. Recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 1500 gaming computer to edit my photos. Installed Avast, using it for virus and firewall. Having very regular problems uploading pictures to not just Facebook but every forum I frequent. Pictures are not to large, they are all around 1.5mb max.
    Start with Facebook problem. Will select pictures. Hit the post button. Start to post. Progress halts. Noticed that chat is disconnected at this point as well. Firefox, Chrome and Edge all do the same thing. I have a machine with Linux in it. On my last attempt to upload pictures to Facebook I had that machine set up with Facebook on the a browser. Also had my phone and tablet open to Facebook. When my Dell said that it was unable to connect to chat the other 3 devices were still connected. I am far from a computer expert but to me that means I am not having network troubles.
    I noticed that for some odd reason Adobe Flash showed up 3 times in the program list. I "uninstalled" all 3 and did a fresh install. This has not helped. I have an older pile of junk with Windows 10, have been having the same problems with that since I purchased it several years back. Pretty much gave up on the problem and used my Linux machine to upload photos but that will not work much longer. HELP!!!!!

:)

doug crann, Nov 26, 2017

2. photo sharing on Facebook chat

I can share pictures on Facebook directly uploading that on my timeline, but I'm unable to send pictures on Facebook chat...

Photo attachment option in messaging is available for text message (mms) but why it's not available fot chat on Facebook???

Will this feature be available for my phone in any future update???

[ I use nokia lumia 710]

amit420deb, Nov 26, 2017
  3. kman00 Win User
    N8 new version of Social Wigit

I just tried to upload a picture and when on facebook on my PC and checked it, and it looked pretty good, so guess they finally fixed it. Now if they can only add chatting to it that would be awesome!!!

kman00, Nov 26, 2017
  4. MrHudson Win User

Facebook chat disconnects....picture uploading nightmares.

Not sure about the others, Facebook they have recommended size on uploading, something like 600x600 pixels. I had to change webcam from 16:9 to 4:3 on taking picture to upload on facebook.

MrHudson, Nov 30, 2017
Thema:

Facebook chat disconnects....picture uploading nightmares.

1. Facebook chat disconnects....picture uploading nightmares. - Similar Threads - Facebook chat disconnects

2. Uploading pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uploading pictures: I have a lg cell phone and have uploaded pictures before; however, I tried to upload some pictures this morning and it went to one of Microsoft's products, I believe it was One Note and I cannot find them. I do not want to use any type of cloud! Can you tell me the easiest...
  3. Uploading pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uploading pictures: I have a lg cell phone and have uploaded pictures before; however, I tried to upload some pictures this morning and it went to one of Microsoft's products, I believe it was One Note and I cannot find them. I do not want to use any type of cloud! Can you tell me the easiest...
  4. facebook video chat

in Windows 10 Customization
    facebook video chat: something happened in the last 2 weeks and now I can not make a video call at facebook messenger... I am using windows 10 with the latest feature update 21h1... when I open camera on my computer I can see myself... tried 2 browsers Edge and Chrome... when I click on camera...
  5. Uploading photos to Facebook and other sites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uploading photos to Facebook and other sites: After the most recent Edge update when I try to upload a photo to any site clicking the "browse" or "choose file" box brings up a list of location options instead of going directly to "photos" thumbnails. I am unable to upload a photo....
  6. uploading pictures

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    uploading pictures: I am having trouble uploading my pictures onto my Window 10 computer. I never had a problem until now. It will upload into my computer, then when I look for them , they are nowhere to be found. Any suggestions ?...
  7. Uploading Pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uploading Pictures: I can't upload my pictures to my computer. I go to the photos app and it says there are no devices even though I click on my phone icon. Then I go to files to try and upload through there and it says there are no pictures....
  8. uploading pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    uploading pictures: I am trying to upload my pictures from a Samsung Tablet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uploading-pictures/e4f6f549-3c35-48c3-b0af-6912d7234b61
  9. Facebook Chat Is Missing "Web" and "Mobile"

in Browsers and Email
    Facebook Chat Is Missing "Web" and "Mobile": Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 earlier, the Facebook chat doesn't show whether someone's online on Web or on Mobile, no matter which browser I use. It used to show this in Windows 7, but from what I've seen, it's gone in Windows 8, too. 13143
  10. Facebook Chat Box

in Browsers and Email
    Facebook Chat Box: Hi folks, Is anyone else missing their Chat Box thing on Facebook? It seems to have disappeared. *Confused Here's what I'm talking about.. [img] I've edited out any personal details, but as you can see there is no chat box thing on the right side of the...