Windows 10: Facebook Chat Is Missing "Web" and "Mobile"

Discus and support Facebook Chat Is Missing "Web" and "Mobile" in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 earlier, the Facebook chat doesn't show whether someone's online on Web or on Mobile, no matter which browser I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Shakespear, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Facebook Chat Is Missing "Web" and "Mobile"

Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 earlier, the Facebook chat doesn't show whether someone's online on Web or on Mobile, no matter which browser I use. It used to show this in Windows 7, but from what I've seen, it's gone in Windows 8, too.

:)

Shakespear, Aug 5, 2015

2. Lumia " The Future is Here "

This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

I suggest you directly submit your complaints about hardware to Nokia and software to Microsoft.

Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

psychomania---01, Aug 5, 2015
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Aug 5, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

Facebook Chat Is Missing "Web" and "Mobile"

Used Facebook i have seen it in Firefox, have to try Edge.

jds63, Aug 5, 2015
  5. jds63 Win User
    Working on Edge too, you mean off to the right of screen, showing who is on Facebook, then click name can chat with them ?
    Recheck settings in Facebook, make sure have done windows update, check other browsers for updates for extensions like Adobe too.

jds63, Aug 5, 2015
  6. That is not what I am talking about. I am talking about the "Web" and "Mobile" status that should appear right next to the green dot when a person is online.

Shakespear, Aug 5, 2015
  7. jds63 Win User
    For me only a green dot for who is online and phone icon to right of persons name that used mobile, don't recall it being different.
    Not sure how this has to do with Windows version you are using and how this can change that, thinking only facebook can.

jds63, Aug 5, 2015
  8. Facebook Chat Is Missing "Web" and "Mobile"

Well, it had that chat icon in Windows 7. Why would they remove it based on the version of Windows?

Shakespear, Aug 5, 2015
  9. jds63 Win User
    Far as i know chat icon when you click the name on right, then chat opens at bottom of your screen on the right.
    How are you accessing facebook, using some app or a browser only ?

jds63, Aug 5, 2015
  10. With my browser. And I'm not talking about the green dot. I'm talking about the "Web" and "Mobile" statuses.

Shakespear, Aug 5, 2015
  11. jds63 Win User
    Personal reasons i will not show you my page screenshot, so we can understand what you are seeing and i am, because we both have windows 10 and i see no differences in Facebook. Can not see how Windows 10 made this change, seems odd, a web page.
    Sorry maybe someone else can make light of this then.

jds63, Aug 5, 2015
  12. This is what I'm talking about: facebook chat images web and mobile - Google Search

Shakespear, Aug 5, 2015
  13. jds63 Win User

I knew what you meant, same way for me, hard to explain to you without pictures. Been that way for some time with saying web or mobile next to the name. Chat function works for me. Still do not see how a operating system can affect it, only thing i find searching it, is removal of functions and apps with Phones in these Windows 8.1 and 10. Try a google search yourself with facebook and Windows 10 online.

jds63, Aug 5, 2015
  14. So is there possibly an extension that will solve this issue?

Shakespear, Aug 7, 2015
  15. jds63 Win User
    Extension for what,browser ? I see i mentioned Adobe flash plug in before is why you asked now, now that i rethink this it's mostly used for videos on Facebook. Not sure if updates like this within each browser is going to affect mentioned issue, but should always check for updates with other browsers, other then IE 11 or Microsoft Edge. as they get updated through Windows update. What other browsers do you use ?

jds63, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Facebook Chat Is Missing "Web" and "Mobile" - Similar Threads - Facebook Chat Missing

2. facebook video chat

in Windows 10 Customization
    facebook video chat: something happened in the last 2 weeks and now I can not make a video call at facebook messenger... I am using windows 10 with the latest feature update 21h1... when I open camera on my computer I can see myself... tried 2 browsers Edge and Chrome... when I click on camera...
  3. Missing Facebook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing Facebook: When on the phone with Microsoft tech he said we had to reinstall Windows 10, this was at night. The next morning when I turned on the laptop, Facebook. I've called 5 times and they cant reinstall Facebook for me. It's not available in the Microsoft store any longer. They...
  4. Facebook video chat not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Facebook video chat not working on Windows 10: Have spent several days attempting to get this video chat working. So far, nothing has helped. Camera and mic work fine using Skype, but not if using Facebook chat. Whenever I click on the camera icon in Facebook chat I get the following error: An Error occured when trying...
  5. No sound on facebook chat it just went away!!!!

No sound on facebook chat it just went away!!!!: No sound on FB chat? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-on-facebook-chat-it-just-went-away/29de8a75-9469-48b3-ad7d-1e403bac3c1a
  6. windows mobile for facebook.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows mobile for facebook.: Facebook are kindly shutting down windows mobile app as of 30th June 2019. They are kindly giving you the option of logging in via your browser every time you want to go on. So I am guessing Facebook are saying windows phones are obsolete now. Does anybody know if this has...
  7. on windows 10 i cant video chat on facebook

on windows 10 i cant video chat on facebook: every time I try it tells me I need to allow messenger to use my camera but it's on an still makes me go to settings and nothing changes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-windows-10-i-cant-video-chat-on-facebook/587779e8-540b-43bf-9616-30c59158c7ee
  8. Facebook chat disconnects....picture uploading nightmares.

in Browsers and Email
    Facebook chat disconnects....picture uploading nightmares.: This has no doubt been beat to death. Recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 1500 gaming computer to edit my photos. Installed Avast, using it for virus and firewall. Having very regular problems uploading pictures to not just Facebook but every forum I frequent. Pictures are not...
  9. Facebook Chat Box

in Browsers and Email
    Facebook Chat Box: Hi folks, Is anyone else missing their Chat Box thing on Facebook? It seems to have disappeared. *Confused Here's what I'm talking about.. [img] I've edited out any personal details, but as you can see there is no chat box thing on the right side of the...
  10. First look at Facebook and Facebook Messenger for Windows 10 Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    First look at Facebook and Facebook Messenger for Windows 10 Mobile: First look at Facebook and Facebook Messenger for Windows 10 Mobile [img] [img] [img] Facebook may have released some its apps for Windows 10 , but its flagship apps still remain absent on Windows 10 Mobile. While Windows 10 Mobile can indeed use Microsoft and...