Windows 10: Facebook issue

Discus and support Facebook issue in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I know this is app related - but a bit stuck where to go for help. On W10 I access FB via Firefox For past couple of week I have been unable to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sargan, Sep 15, 2016.

1. sargan Win User

Facebook issue

I know this is app related - but a bit stuck where to go for help.
    On W10 I access FB via Firefox
    For past couple of week I have been unable to attach any pictures to Facebook .... Firefox 48.02
    Also as a test tried MS Edge - same fault
    I get a moving bar that looks like its in progress then after a few minutes it just fails and goes back to the post ... occasionally it gives the word 'Error' and a blank pic with an 'x' but not every time.

If I add pictures to FB on my phone it works fine, so proves account & teh pictures are OK. So must be PC config related.

I tried the advice to make sure no old versions of Flash installed, and version is current.

The next piece of advice from FB is use option on main page to 'report a problem' when I try that I again get the moving bar and failure to complete ... so can't even report the problem.

:)

sargan, Sep 15, 2016

2. Facebook Issue

Hi GuruCharan_India,

Thank you for posting in the forum.

I understand that you have an issue with Facebook contacts on your Nokia Lumia 720; you are not able to sync them into People Hub.

First of all, I would remove Facebook account if you have it on the phone, and then please sign into that site:

https://account.live.com/

And go to Manage related accounts, and then please go to Manage Other accounts and please re add your Facebook account.

Later, please double check if you have contacts sync online to you Microsoft account on:

Outlook.com - Microsoft free personal email

Also, I would suggest use Facebook app on your phone as with update 8.1 integration with Facebook has changed on Windows Phone.

Thanks for your contribution to the forums!

Kind Regards,

Michal TR

Michal TR., Sep 15, 2016
  3. dazzi4592 Win User
    Facebook issue

Fmobi is great I have it, but in order for me to get messages I need to be signed into that and it sucks the battery badly, I was hoping something in the background like what android and iphone have, so when someone needs me, they message me on facebook,
    I get the message even when not in an app.

dazzi4592, Sep 15, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

Facebook issue

When a website 'misbehaves' like this it may be down to a corrupt version of the page being used from the cache. The first thing to try is to empty the browser's cache. In Firefox this is called 'clear recent history'. You can get to it from the 'Open menu' icon at top right, or use Ctrl-Shift-Del on the keyboard. Make sure you DON'T have Cookies ticked, else you'll have to log into all your sites all over again!

Facebook issue [​IMG]

In most cases this is a good fix. Let us know if it works for you.

5. sargan Win User
    How would this fault affect MS Edge as well? I will try it though.

sargan, Sep 15, 2016
  6. Bree New Member
    Maybe you used Edge while FB had bad code on a page, which both Edge and FF now have in their cache? It's not unknown for websites to make a mistake when they update their sites. I admit, it does make this fix less likely though. Still, you should always eliminate the obvious first.

Regarding reporting the problem to FB, can you not do that from your phone? You did say that is working fine.

7. sargan Win User
    OK just tried it - made no difference .... still not uploading pictures.
    I have reported it via phone .,.. but the autoreply advises 'thanks' but we do not respond on all issues - so I may get zero help from that direction.
    Must be something on my PC .,... have tried a friends PC and works form there.

sargan, Sep 15, 2016
  8. sargan Win User

Facebook issue

The photos are standard jpeg and only around 1Mb ... and load fine via phone - so not the image file
    Confirmed that it works fine from phone and from another PC ...... so proves FB account is fine ....so it is something specific to my W10 PC

I have installed latest FLASH and tried it with Ant-virus disabled - no difference ...... points to it being a W10 config problem.

Anybody any other suggestions ?

sargan, Sep 15, 2016
  9. sargan Win User
    I have run Malwarebytes - nothing found
    SuperAnti sppyware - nothing found

• sfc /scannow
    • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    • chkdsk /r /f

No errors on any of these.

Tried on other PC's works fine (confirming my account is OK) ... same pictures open & load to other sites fine.
    Created a 'new account' on this PC ... upload fails
    So it must be something on the W10 config.

Any suggestions ?

sargan, Sep 18, 2016
  10. TairikuOkami, Sep 18, 2016
  11. sargan Win User
    sargan, Sep 18, 2016
  12. If it is able to block it in TOR, then it is definitely something within Windows.

OK, try checking HOSTS file, directly or via Start - Run:

notepad c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Other then that, it could be a firewall or any realtime running software. Try closing as many of them as possible.

TairikuOkami, Sep 18, 2016
  13. sargan Win User

Facebook issue

only 2 entries in there:
    127.0.0.1 localhost
    ::1 localhost

I have turned off Kaspersky AntiVirus ... no difference

sargan, Sep 18, 2016
  14. sargan Win User
    Anything else - still can't post pictures

sargan, Sep 20, 2016
  15. sargan Win User
    Resolved - contacted Microsoft support. eChat answered in 2mins (pretty good) they connected to PC, tried a few things then did a reset to default config ... clearing all settings.
    Fixed the problem.

sargan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Facebook issue

1. Facebook issue - Similar Threads - Facebook issue

2. I need help troubleshooting a PnP issue with Facebook Messenger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help troubleshooting a PnP issue with Facebook Messenger: I have encountered an extremely interesting and unexplained error tonight, and for the first time in my life I need to be the one to ask the question directly instead of finding someone else who's asked the question.So with that preamble aside, I have deduced the...
  3. I need help troubleshooting a PnP issue with Facebook Messenger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help troubleshooting a PnP issue with Facebook Messenger: I have encountered an extremely interesting and unexplained error tonight, and for the first time in my life I need to be the one to ask the question directly instead of finding someone else who's asked the question.So with that preamble aside, I have deduced the...
  4. I have an issue uploading files to any email account, messaging including facebook...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an issue uploading files to any email account, messaging including facebook...: I have tried many different methods to resolve the issue including clearing the browser cache, I've done disk cleanup, updating drivers, trying a different browser, resetting my router, restarting my PC, doing a fresh install, etc. The computer is running on ethernet provided...
  5. I have an issue uploading files to any email account, messaging including facebook...

I have an issue uploading files to any email account, messaging including facebook...: I have tried many different methods to resolve the issue including clearing the browser cache, I've done disk cleanup, updating drivers, trying a different browser, resetting my router, restarting my PC, doing a fresh install, etc. The computer is running on ethernet provided...
  6. Jumping Cursor Issue on Facebook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jumping Cursor Issue on Facebook: I'm currently using Windows 10 Pro.I'm facing Jumping Cursor Issue on FACEBOOK only.Tried everything but nothing is working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jumping-cursor-issue-on-facebook/f81e8aac-51bb-4b27-9aaf-20ee7262349d
  7. Jumping Cursor Issue on Facebook

Jumping Cursor Issue on Facebook: I'm currently using Windows 10 Pro.I'm facing Jumping Cursor Issue on FACEBOOK only.Tried everything but nothing is working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jumping-cursor-issue-on-facebook/f81e8aac-51bb-4b27-9aaf-20ee7262349d
  8. Jumping Cursor Issue on Facebook

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Facebook desktop messenger stay login issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facebook desktop messenger stay login issue: My laptop keep asking me to log in then after successful login if i reopen the app, it still ask for login again. it seems like it does not save my login activity. please help...
  10. Facebook desktop messenger stay login issue

Facebook desktop messenger stay login issue: My laptop keep asking me to log in then after successful login if i reopen the app, it still ask for login again. it seems like it does not save my login activity. please help...