Windows 10: Facebook Messenger app doesnt load post updates i noticed...assistance please

Discus and support Facebook Messenger app doesnt load post updates i noticed...assistance please in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello experts,Help please,I've tried - Troubleshoot Apps - repair and the rest no changeUninstalled restarted Installed fresh from MS Store, no go.I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nicholas Lord, Feb 29, 2024.

1. Facebook Messenger app doesnt load post updates i noticed...assistance please

Hello experts,Help please,I've tried - Troubleshoot Apps - repair and the rest no changeUninstalled restarted Installed fresh from MS Store, no go.I don't use Facebook, just messenger, my FB is disabled I just s messenger allot while i work rather than phone and SMSing and texting,Much easier to send videos and information than SMS.Tried some fixed from You tube, give up no time for this anymoreNeed the expert help.

:)

Nicholas Lord, Feb 29, 2024
  2. wjbodin3 Win User

Facebook and Facebook Messenger will not load

I went back last night and looked at the store pages for both and noticed the other comments about them not working since AU for others since I posted this here. Makes me feel a bit better that its not just my machine having issues at least. Though in the store now I do not see any updates for either app, unless they came out last night since I tried the uninstall / reinstall circle again just to see. Currently on version 65.612.53450.0 of the Facebook app and 87.595.49974.0 of messenger. Only app updated today was Microsoft's Feedback Hub for me.

wjbodin3, Feb 29, 2024
  3. EmazAnwar Win User
    Facebook Messenger Discontinuation

As announced in Facebook blog, they said:

With over 1B people using Messenger every month, our team spends countless hours making it the best way to message your friends and family. One of the ways we continue to improve is by consistently introducing
    rich features, like voice and video calling, games, and bots for Messenger. Using older versions of apps means that experiences won’t work well or sometimes not at all. As a result, we are asking people who are using older versions to upgrade so they can enjoy
    more of the delightful features of Messenger.

We will be ending support for messaging in some older mobile app versions of Messenger and Facebook. We have proactively reached out to those affected and have also offered suggestions right in Messenger. These
    include updating your app to the latest version, loading an OS update for your device or migrating to Facebook Lite. If your devices do not support the newest versions of Facebook, we recommend going to Facebook.com through your mobile browser.

By the end of March, we will be ending support for messaging on the following older mobile app versions:

• Android
      • Facebook for Android v55, released on November 16, 2015, and below.
      • Messenger v10, released on August 14, 2014, and below.
    • iOS
      • Facebook for iPad v26, released on October 10, 2011, and below.
      • Messenger v8, released on July 14, 2014, and below.
      • Facebook for iOS, released on October 10, 2011, and below.
    • Windows
      • Facebook for Windows Phone.
      • Messenger for Windows Phone 8 and 8.1.
      • Facebook for Windows 8 and 8.1 desktop app.

EmazAnwar, Feb 29, 2024
  4. Mosk79 Win User

Facebook Messenger app doesnt load post updates i noticed...assistance please

Facebook and Facebook Messenger will not load

Facebook and Messenger apps stop working since last two updates. (+10 days ago I think)
    Facebook release and update today, the problem still exists.
    All my friends and clients have the same problem, and all of them have anniversary edition (Windows 10 pro x64)

The problem is from facebook side, I think there is nothing we can do...just wait for a version that works.

Mosk79, Feb 29, 2024
Thema:

Facebook Messenger app doesnt load post updates i noticed...assistance please

1. Facebook Messenger app doesnt load post updates i noticed...assistance please - Similar Threads - Facebook Messenger app

2. Facebook Messenger app doesnt load post updates i noticed...assistance please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facebook Messenger app doesnt load post updates i noticed...assistance please: Hello experts,Help please,I've tried - Troubleshoot Apps - repair and the rest no changeUninstalled restarted Installed fresh from MS Store, no go.I don't use Facebook, just messenger, my FB is disabled I just s messenger allot while i work rather than phone and SMSing and...
  3. Facebook Messenger App Logs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Facebook Messenger App Logs: I found a folder labeled "logs" that has nearly 4gb of text documents just sitting on my PCusername>AppData>LocalLow>Messenger>logsis it safe to delete the contents of this folder? seems like a massive paperweight to me....
  4. Facebook Messenger app not opening

Facebook Messenger app not opening: Hi, I am trying to use the facebook messenger app on my windows 10 laptop. However if I try open the app nothing happens. Also if I try to go to the uninstall/change program options to repaid or uninstall the app it is not in the list of programs. It was working fine...
  5. Facebook messenger app

Facebook messenger app: The facebook messenger app keeps saying "an error has occurred when trying to get access to microphone: hardware access error" However it only says this when I try to do a video call. when I go an audio call it won't let me turn on my camera. I've made sure both are turned on...
  6. Facebook Messenger

Facebook Messenger: Hello! I have a problem with Facebook Messenger. Each time I try to login to my Facebook Account from the Facebook Messenger Desktop app, I receive an error message telling me that the Security Code I enter (sent to my Mobile Phone) is not correct. This doesn't happen when I...
  7. facebook messenger app issue

facebook messenger app issue: My facebook messenger app is not working on my windows 10 Lumia phone. I receive this error message REST API is deprecated for versions v2.1 or higher. I tried doing a soft reset to no avail as well as deleting and reinstalling the app. What else should I do?...
  8. Uninstalled Facebook & Messenger App.

Uninstalled Facebook & Messenger App.: Facebook & Messenger have not worked at all since the last two updates. They are still working on my Asus Laptop & Lumia 950xl smart phone. The apps are just not to work on my PC. Which is running Window 10 Pro. Have tried just about everything I can think of. I think it's...
  9. Facebook and Facebook Messenger will not load

Facebook and Facebook Messenger will not load: Both the above named apps after finally getting the AU, will not actually load. they both self close before getting off the icon screen. I only discovered this when I went to check a notification from action center instead of loading up the browser. Now I was still getting...
  10. Privacy notice post spreading on Facebook a hoax

in Windows 10 News
    Privacy notice post spreading on Facebook a hoax: Beware: a hoax post is currently making the rounds on the Facebook website, which is unwittingly shared by its many users, according to reports from security blogger Graham Cluley. Hoax posts have taken on different looks and forms around Facebook, and have been around for...