Windows 10: Facebook New Privacy Laws and Protections to Comply with GDPR

Discus and support Facebook New Privacy Laws and Protections to Comply with GDPR in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In recent weeks we’ve announced several steps to give people more control over their privacy and explain how we use data. Today we’re introducing new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Facebook New Privacy Laws and Protections to Comply with GDPR

Source: Complying With New Privacy Laws and Offering New Privacy Protections to Everyone, No Matter Where You Live | Facebook Newsroom

:)

Brink, Apr 17, 2018
  2. Martmcd Win User

How do I get rid of this Cortana message?

much as I hate not being able to get rid of the advert, it is intrusive but it would not be considered an invasion of privacy.

Microsoft's privacy policy is well published, they also follow the guidelines laid down by privacy shield which ensures that they operate well within European and American privacy laws. which also gives users another avenue for raising privacy concerns.
    Microsoft are also ready to comply with the European GDPR which comes into force in May 2018.

Compare MIcrosoft's privacy policy with that of Apple, Google, Facebook, Twitter, your ISP, your store loyalty scheme and you will see why there has not been a lawsuit.

Martmcd, Apr 17, 2018
  3. rwb1012 Win User
    Not willing to accept ALL of MS new T&C

Being in the UK, you or the manufacturer should have installed the 'N' version, which asks such questions during setup. The 'N' version was created at the behest of the EU to comply with GDPR, etc.

rwb1012, Apr 17, 2018
Thema:

Facebook New Privacy Laws and Protections to Comply with GDPR

1. Facebook New Privacy Laws and Protections to Comply with GDPR - Similar Threads - Facebook Privacy Laws

2. Facebook Messenger Introduces App Lock and New Privacy Settings

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook Messenger Introduces App Lock and New Privacy Settings: [ATTACH] Privacy is at the heart of Messenger - where you can be yourself with the people who matter most to you, whether that's through a message, video chat, call or a Messenger Room. Today, we're announcing new privacy and security features that give you more control....
  3. Adding a privacy policy to a facebook page.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adding a privacy policy to a facebook page.: I need to add a privacy policy link to a facebook business page. I have a draft saved in a word pad document using Windows 10. Can someone explain how to create that link to be able to enter it onto the page please? I cannot see any link icons on the word pad page. Thanks....
  4. California privacy law coming to all Firefox users in 2020

in Windows 10 News
    California privacy law coming to all Firefox users in 2020: 2019 saw a spike of activity to protect online privacy as governments around the globe grappled with new revelations of data breaches and privacy violations. While much of the privacy action came from outside the U.S., such as the passage of Kenya’s data protection law and...
  5. Microsoft commitment to EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft commitment to EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR): On Friday, May 25, the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation — better known as GDPR — officially takes effect. GDPR is an important step forward for privacy rights in Europe and around the world, and we’ve been enthusiastic supporters of GDPR since it was first...
  6. Facebook Building New Products & Features for Privacy Social Platform

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook Building New Products & Features for Privacy Social Platform: Today, more than 5,000 developers, creators and entrepreneurs from around the world came together for F8, our annual conference about the future of technology. Mark Zuckerberg opened the two-day event with a keynote on how we’re building a more privacy-focused social...
  7. Protect Your Privacy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Protect Your Privacy: How to Fight Back Against Congresss Attack on FCC Privacy Rules TThis is merely an intro into keeping your ISP from gathering and selling your information. 80844
  8. Privacy notice post spreading on Facebook a hoax

in Windows 10 News
    Privacy notice post spreading on Facebook a hoax: Beware: a hoax post is currently making the rounds on the Facebook website, which is unwittingly shared by its many users, according to reports from security blogger Graham Cluley. Hoax posts have taken on different looks and forms around Facebook, and have been around for...
  9. Facebook Making Privacy Tools Easier to Find

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook Making Privacy Tools Easier to Find: Last week showed how much more work we need to do to enforce our policies and help people understand how Facebook works and the choices they have over their data. We’ve heard loud and clear that privacy settings and other important tools are too hard to find and that we must...
  10. Moore's Law

in Windows 10 Support
    Moore's Law: I am not sure how much Moore's law might apply to storage, if at all, but it sure seems to me like the storage world has really frozen of late. Used to be that every few years, hard drives would double in size, but it has been about 4 years or so since I bought my first 4tb...