Windows 10: Facebook removing Trending news section

Discus and support Facebook removing Trending news section in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We’re removing Trending soon to make way for future news experiences on Facebook. We introduced Trending in 2014 as a way to help people discover news... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Facebook removing Trending news section

Source: Removing Trending From Facebook | Facebook Newsroom

:)

Brink, Jun 1, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Source: Removing Trending From Facebook | Facebook Newsroom

Brink, Jun 25, 2018
  3. Trend Micro

Windows 10 will not upgrade to the latest because it says that Trend Micro Internet Security 2009 is installed.
    I have searched for any file with "Trend*.* in the file name anywhere on C drive.
    I then searched the registry for the same. Having failed to find anything so far, I then searched the entire registry with no luck.
    I then searched INSIDE of all files on the C drive and failed to find anything.
    I have also used the removal tools provided by Trend on their website such as:

• Ti_120_win_en_Tool_TMRemnantFileRemoveTool_hfb001.exe
    and

• Ti_120_win_en_Tool_UninstallTool_hfb0001.exe

None of the above has solved my problem. How can I fix this?

Thanks in advanced.

DoctorX_256, Jun 25, 2018
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    • Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code: net user test /del[/quote]

Vesao, Jun 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Facebook removing Trending news section - Similar Threads - Facebook removing Trending

2. How to remove the News section from Widget?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove the News section from Widget?: As an avid user of the Windows 11 operating system, I appreciate the convenience and functionality offered by the widget panel. However, I have recently faced a challenge that affects my user experience significantly. Specifically, I am unable to remove the news section from...
  3. How to remove the News section from Widget?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove the News section from Widget?: As an avid user of the Windows 11 operating system, I appreciate the convenience and functionality offered by the widget panel. However, I have recently faced a challenge that affects my user experience significantly. Specifically, I am unable to remove the news section from...
  4. How to remove News and Trending content from Windows 11's Search

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove News and Trending content from Windows 11's Search: When you click on the search field in Windows 11 the search interface expands automatically. It displays a list of recent programs on the left side and web content on the right. Microsoft displays news and trending content there. A check today promoted Bing's new DALL-E 3...
  5. Remove recommed section

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove recommed section: How do you remove the recommended section from the Start Menu. I have disabled the contents, but I am left with a big section with an ad begging me to turn it back on....
  6. How to remove the news and interests section?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove the news and interests section?: To whom it may concern,How do I remove the news and interests section on the taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-the-news-and-interests-section/5ad37fb1-ebe1-430e-a4d5-13421cde47d2
  7. Facebook Now Prioritizing Original News Reporting on News Feed

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook Now Prioritizing Original News Reporting on News Feed: [img] When we ask people what kind of news they want to see on Facebook, they continually tell us they want news stories that are credible and informative. Today, we’re updating the way news stories are ranked in News Feed to prioritize original reporting and...
  8. Introducing Facebook News

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Facebook News: Testing a dedicated place for news in the US By Campbell Brown, VP, Global News Partnerships and Mona Sarantakos, Product Manager, News Journalism plays a critical role in our democracy. When news is deeply-reported and well-sourced it gives people information they can rely...
  9. In other news, Facebook is.....

in Windows 10 News
    In other news, Facebook is.....: ...down.... Facebook Will Be Back Soon Facebook is down for required maintenance right now, but you should be able to get back on within a few minutes. In the meantime, read more about why you're seeing this message. Thanks for your patience as we improve the site....
  10. More Local News on Facebook, Globally

in Windows 10 News
    More Local News on Facebook, Globally: Local news helps people connect to their communities about the issues that are closest to home. Earlier this year, we announced a change in the US to prioritize local news so people can see topics that have a direct impact on their community and discover what’s happening in...