Windows 10: FACTORY RESET ERRORS

Discus and support FACTORY RESET ERRORS in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I cannot restore my surface 3 to factory settings. I have completed through every article possible and it cannot complete. When I go through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HamidYazdani, Jul 17, 2018.

1. FACTORY RESET ERRORS

I cannot restore my surface 3 to factory settings.

I have completed through every article possible and it cannot complete.

When I go through advanced startup and erase the disk it says 'unknown error occurred, no changes were made'.

When I try to do a clean installation of windows, it downloads windows 10 and then says 'error occurred, restart and install windows', I then restart my system and nothing changes.

I am extremely frustrated and just want to factory reset this.

:)

HamidYazdani, Jul 17, 2018

2. Factory reset "Error" message

Hi Jaxyn,

It seems that the issue that you initially encountered also interferes with the factory reset. In order for us to provide the appropriate solution, we'd like to ask for additional information. Please answer the following:

• Aside from failing at 30%-32%, are you also getting an error message or code?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Jul 17, 2018
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Jul 17, 2018
  4. FACTORY RESET ERRORS

factory reset

Hi,

There shouldn't be an issue singing in to your computer after performing a factory reset. What's odd is that the error message "Your account has been disabled" is showing up. However, we suggest that you provide us a screenshot of the signing
    in page with the said error message. It's for us to determine what would be the steps that we need to isolate your concern.

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

FACTORY RESET ERRORS

1. FACTORY RESET ERRORS - Similar Threads - FACTORY RESET ERRORS

2. Error with factory resetting PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error with factory resetting PC: I believe I have broke something with my PC and want to factory reset it but it will not allow me to. I have a script error when I turn on my PC and think that's probably it but I don't know how to fix it. Ive already went online and other people that have had my problem had...
  3. Error with factory resetting PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error with factory resetting PC: I believe I have broke something with my PC and want to factory reset it but it will not allow me to. I have a script error when I turn on my PC and think that's probably it but I don't know how to fix it. Ive already went online and other people that have had my problem had...
  4. Error with factory resetting PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Account Error after factory reset

Account Error after factory reset: My friend recently was given a PC, and factory reseted it so it could be his, however after reseting it, the old profiles are still there on the login. There isnt a way to login or do anything, it gives the error "the user profile service service failed, the sign-in user...
  6. Factory reset error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset error: So i was factory resetting my brothers computer. Started the reset and came back a few hours later to find this error. What do i do? Every time i press ok it just pops up again......
  7. Factory reset error

Factory reset error: So i was factory resetting my brothers computer. Started the reset and came back a few hours later to find this error. What do i do? Every time i press ok it just pops up again......
  8. factory reset error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    factory reset error: I've been having problems resetting my computer every time I try to reset it it fails. Ive tried every option in for resetting my pc and it still doesn't work. I have also tried the SFC scan fix but the scan failed every time I tried. I'm unsure what other option I have to...
  9. windows10 error factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows10 error factory reset: Hi, I tried to factory reset my device Asus vivobook and Its successfully done so. And it says to connect to internet to receive update needed to fix error. But I connected to internet. And now it goes in a loop making me input where I'm from and etc. Then going to error...
  10. Errors Updating and Factory Resetting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Errors Updating and Factory Resetting: A few months ago my PC started giving me error codes when trying to update Windows 10. After a few days of attempting to fix it nothing yielded, so I planned to get a USB to save some files and do a factory reset. I ended up not getting the USB until recently and I was also...