Windows 10: Factory Reset, no Windows 10 core apps no system32 config

Discus and support Factory Reset, no Windows 10 core apps no system32 config in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the last update from microsoft, I lost my sound. No help from anyone so thought a reset would put things back to normal. Now the only thing that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TC., Jul 9, 2018.

1. TC.
    TC. Win User

Factory Reset, no Windows 10 core apps no system32 config

After the last update from microsoft, I lost my sound. No help from anyone so thought a reset would put things back to normal.

Now the only thing that comes up on the desktop is a C:\WINDOWS\system32 config/systemprofile\desktop is unavailable.

No menu /apps/etc from any thing -no access to anything .

This should have set the notebook back to the state it was when I purchased it - and it did not. And since everything on the thing seems to be microsoft it stands to reason this be where I get the cure. I have: Edition Windows 10 Home Version 1803 OS Build

How do I get it set back to where it was when I purchased it? All the apps and settings to administer?

:)

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Bad system config info windows 10 on boot up!!!

Finally found the only solution that works. From:

How To Fix The Bad_System_Config_Info Error In Windows 10

Fix The Windows Registry

Boot from a Windows 10 USB/DVD and launch Command Prompt. It is better to use the DVD for this purpose. After that, follow these instructions:

• Use the following command:

CD C:\Windows\System32\config

(here C is the partition where Windows is installed).
    • Enter the following commands one by one to rename these files with the .old postfix:

ren C:\Windows\System32\config\DEFAULT DEFAULT.old

ren C:\Windows\System32\config\SAM SAM.old

ren C:\Windows\System32\config\SECURITY SECURITY.old

ren C:\Windows\System32\config\SOFTWARE SOFTWARE.old

ren C:\Windows\System32\config\SYSTEM SYSTEM.old
    • Enter the following commands one by one to copy registry backup files to your current registry folder. This completes the manual restoration of your computer’s registry.
      • copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\DEFAULT C:\Windows\System32\config\
      • copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SAM C:\Windows\System32\config\
      • copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SECURITY C:\Windows\System32\config\
      • copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SYSTEM C:\Windows\System32\config\
      • copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SOFTWARE C:\Windows\System32\config\

BayAreaTexan, Jul 9, 2018
  4. AndreePin Win User

Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Factory Reset, no Windows 10 core apps no system32 config - Similar Threads - Factory Reset core

2. Windows 10 190x | System32/config folder is empty

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 190x | System32/config folder is empty: I've recently had a W10 boot failure after trying to update to 1909 and / or 2004 from a W10 USB boot disk and starting the update process, but then canceling / stopping only to have the boot failure. After doing this a few time on a few SSDs, I noticed the Windows folder 1)...
  3. System32/config/systemprofile/desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    System32/config/systemprofile/desktop: Hi anyone @ MS community experts, I'm desperate for support on this matter.. This file System32/config/systemprofile/desktop has just disappeared and i am not able to get back my desktop annoying most of the posted solutions are quite technical why is it not possible to...
  4. C:/windows/system32/config/desktop is unavailable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C:/windows/system32/config/desktop is unavailable: Hi As I logged off last night i was notified of a Windows update. I logged back on this morning and the system has tried to log me on as a different user. I restarted the pc and the screen flashed with Hi, pc is completing updates, don’t turn off your pc. After 6 hours...
  5. \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM is missing or corrupt

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM is missing or corrupt: i've just bought a new HP Pavilion gaming 15 laptop with build in win 10 home. i've set all the microsoft acoount etc. and when i try to set the storage partion, the windows start to "repairing windows mode" and never end. it have notification like...
  6. missing system32/config folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    missing system32/config folder: Hello This is the biggest mistake I have done recently. I found out I may delete windows/system/config. As a result, I can not boot into the desktop anymore and stuck in the "Windows Fail To Repair Your Computer" Loop. Is there's any solution for solving the problem like...
  7. C://Windows/system32/config/systemprofile/desktop

C://Windows/system32/config/systemprofile/desktop: Hi everyone,cannot start my HP Pavillion laptop. Get the above message after login. Would be really grateful if anyone knows what to do. Thank you....
  8. Windows system32/config ... unavailable

Windows system32/config ... unavailable: desktop icons gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-system32config-unavailable/286e1da5-7d33-4783-83be-85c0a548169b
  9. windows \system32\config\system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows \system32\config\system: Error code 0xc000014c Laptop will not go to repair screen After a split second it just goes back to the blue screen help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-system32configsystem/829f08b6-bd25-47a1-b172-5ca92e11bbc8
  10. Factory Reset, no Windows 10 core apps no system32 config

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Factory Reset, no Windows 10 core apps no system32 config: After the last update from microsoft, I lost my sound. No help from anyone so thought a reset would put things back to normal. Now the only thing that comes up on the desktop is a C:\WINDOWS\system32 config/systemprofile\desktop is unavailable. No menu /apps/etc from any...