Windows 10: Factory reset not working, stops at 50%

Discus and support Factory reset not working, stops at 50% in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Factory reset reachs 50% and the it stops and With the message There was problem with resetting you computer not changes have been made. 86986 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jayj, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Jayj Win User

Factory reset not working, stops at 50%

Factory reset reachs 50% and the it stops and With the message There was problem with resetting you computer not changes have been made.

:)

2. I updated to Windows 10 and it was working great then I restarted it yesterday and now all I get is an orange screen and a spinning circle. How can I get windows to load?

None of that worked, could not get past the orange screen with the spinning circle. Had to pay $50 to get the tower factory reset!

CheriLKozlowski, Jun 16, 2017
  3. END LESS REBOOT

I wanted to factory reset my windows 10. Soon the factory reset started and stop at 50% and said reset failed that, than it asked me to reset that shuts all apps down and clears PC. Soon the logo potted up and said auto repairing , for about 12 hours i have
    seen nothing but a end less reboot. Please help me fix it. i tried many ways to stop it but my laptop battery is not removable. please help i am 13 and i love this laptop like a pet or a brother i never had

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Isiah Mclain, Jun 16, 2017
  4. Henry2 Win User

Henry2, Jun 16, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    Note: the above link is just to download the current build Win 10 - for the Creator's build.

If your OS is the Anniversary build, that could be used to upgrade to a new build. Otherwise it could be used to do an in-place upgrade repair install on your current build, if you already have the Creator's build.

These are important differences, so I'm not sure what @Henry2 has in mind.

dalchina, Jun 16, 2017
  6. Henry2 Win User
    Hi @dalchina, that s the procedure to create the installation media with Windows 10 and reinstall the OS (all data in the system will be erased) when the OEM factory reset option is not working. It save load of time.

Henry2, Jun 16, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    Ok, Jayj - as you're happy to erase all data, why not just do a clean install of Win 10 and start from scratch? But note - that would be the current Creator's build.

Before you do, check your disk:
    Download and run Hard Disk Sentinel (trial)
    Please post a screenshot of its GUI.
    -to post a screenshot please use the Insert Image icon above your post to the left of the video icon

Clean Install Windows 10 Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Activation should be automatic - no license needed.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Factory reset not working, stops at 50% - Similar Threads - Factory reset working

2. factory reset not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    factory reset not working: I recently reset my pc so I could go back to windows 10 but it wiped my factory applications. So when that was done I performed a factory reset but I didn’t get any of the factory applications the computer came packaged with. I’m using an acer nitro 5 computer. can anyone...
  3. factory reset not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    factory reset not working: I recently reset my pc so I could go back to windows 10 but it wiped my factory applications. So when that was done I performed a factory reset but I didn’t get any of the factory applications the computer came packaged with. I’m using an acer nitro 5 computer. can anyone...
  4. Factory reset not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset not working: So my computer has been not working for the past while and I’ve had no choice but to factory reset it. When I did it says I need to restart but now it’s just stuck doing this and I can’t move my mouse at all either. I don’t want to unplug my pc because I don’t want something...
  5. Factory reset not working

Factory reset not working: Hello I have an HP EliteBook 840 G1 8gb ram intel i5, I was resetting it and then while resetting it went to 69% and then started undoing changes and went back to the sign in screen, this happened twice so I tried just sign in but then it said the Profile could not be loaded...
  6. Factory reset not working

Factory reset not working: Recently I encountered some very bad problems with my computer after I shut it down during a bluescreen. The problems were unsolveable so I decided to just factory reset my computer. But when I go through the initial steps, my computer restarts with out actually resetting....
  7. Factory reset not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Factory reset not working: I get to the recovery screen by pressing f11 on boot and start the complete factory reset recommended if you do not keep your laptop. I need to input a key(bitlocker) and confirm i truly want to wipe everything from the laptop then the reset begins and at somepoint...
  8. Factory Resetting Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Factory Resetting Not Working: When I tried to factory reset my MSI laptop I followed all the steps necessary pressing f3 on startup and waiting for the “Choose an Option” bluescreen with the “Continue,” “Troubleshoot,” and “Turn off your PC,” options. I would then press “Troubleshoot,” then “Restore MSI...
  9. Factory reset not working?

Factory reset not working?: Hello, its been about 2 years since I've done a factory reset and my computer was running slow so i thought it was time. I went into the advanced restart, troubleshooting I went through with my full reset on all my drives but when it gets to 3% it goes back to the advanced...
  10. Mouse stopped working after a factory reset

Mouse stopped working after a factory reset: I recently factory reset my computer since it was getting really slow due to all the random stuff I had on it, it was going well until I got to the setup page that says 'Hi there' and asks about where you live, your time zone, etc. And the mouse just stoped working. (The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus stops reset at 50%