Windows 10: Factory Reset Problem

Discus and support Factory Reset Problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently attempted to factory reset my old laptop for a friend, an Asus N56VJ. It did the whole process which took a while but when it tried to reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Exzilon, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Exzilon Win User

Factory Reset Problem

I recently attempted to factory reset my old laptop for a friend, an Asus N56VJ. It did the whole process which took a while but when it tried to reset and boot back up, it gave me a blue screen with an error. The error read, "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we will restart for you." At the bottom it gave me a stop code: 0xc000021a. My computer gets this screen, restarts, begins to boot up, and brings me back to the blue screen. It does this nonstop and I can't get past it. Its a loop of the computer telling me it needs to restart. I looked online and it said that an automatic repair will automatically start but this does not happen. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

:)

Exzilon, Sep 10, 2017
  2. lacrumb Win User

Factory reset problems

To properly get answers to your post you should include some minimum information.

1. Device type. ie PC, Laptop, Tablet, Surface.

2. OS type, Home, Pro, Executive, etc

3. Current build. Go Settings, System. About. OS build XXXXXX.XXX

4. Where is this happening on the computer, Boot, Screen, App, etc

5. What error are you getting if any?

lacrumb, Sep 10, 2017
  3. Factory Reset Problem

I have an Asus ROG laptop under 2 years old , i recently did a factory reset (clean drive as if i was going to sell it) . After a couple of hours it finished and gave me no options for time zone\ region, went straight to preparing automatic repair followed
    by diagnosing your pc. Then to a blue screen "your PC did not start correctly" restart or advanced options. How can i fix this? please help. I thought windows was supposed to re install automatically?

Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate

Brien JodieWatts, Sep 10, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Factory Reset Problem

Hi, since you're heading for a reinstall, albeit by perhaps a longer route, the best and perhaps the only way forward is a clean install. This will probably mean you are installing the latest build of Windows rather than a previous one or even an earlier version of Windows e.g. Win 8) (whatever was used to build the manufacturer's recovery partition).

A clean install will also mean you don't get whatever trial builds were included, bu may mean you have to install any manufacturer specific software separately, should you want that.

You may then find you don't in fact want the manufacturer's Recovery partition and can delete it.
    Download Windows 10 ISO File Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials
    Clean Install Windows 10 Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Activation should be automatic and there is no need to enter a license key.

You will need t make sure you download the correct base language iso as your PC is unbootable.

dalchina, Sep 10, 2017
Thema:

Factory Reset Problem

1. Factory Reset Problem - Similar Threads - Factory Reset Problem

2. Factory reset problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reset problem: i had to factory reset my pc but when i try logging in into my account it says "User Service service failed to Sign in" if someone can help me with this issue that would be greatly appreciated....
  3. Factory reset problem

Factory reset problem: When I hard or factory restarted my computer after a while it keeps coming back to the same screen where you choose your country’s and when I click yes is loads corotona and then it come back with select your country and it keeps doing it over an over I already unplugged my...
  4. Factory reset problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset problem: Windows laptop- I recently got a laptop from my mother-in-law and I wanted to factory reset it but every time I click retry details or even save log nothing ever works all it wants to do is restart it would be very helpful if I could have a tech genius help me *** Email...
  5. Factory reset problem

Factory reset problem: Windows laptop- I recently got a laptop from my mother-in-law and I wanted to factory reset it but every time I click retry details or even save log nothing ever works all it wants to do is restart it would be very helpful if I could have a tech genius help me *** Email...
  6. Factory reset problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Factory Reset Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory Reset Problem: I’m having factory reset problems, I have a laptop not a computer, lenovo ideapad 3 but sadly my display on laptop is broken, so I’m using a monitor. Now when I go to factory reset my laptop turns off and nothing is showing on my monitor, any help please?...
  8. Factory Reset Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Factory Reset Problem: I’m having factory reset problems, I have a laptop not a computer, lenovo ideapad 3 but sadly my display on laptop is broken, so I’m using a monitor. Now when I go to factory reset my laptop turns off and nothing is showing on my monitor, any help please?...
  9. factory reset problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    factory reset problem: every time i try to factory reset this computer it says additional space needed no problem right? no, i delete every app that i can delete and i still need additional space please help ASAP...
  10. problem with factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problem with factory reset: every time i go to factory rest or anything like that it gets about halfway done and says there is a problem and my computer cant reset. i have an acer nitro 7 and i have no viruses and no corrupted files. I have done everything i could think of but nothing will work and i...