Windows 10: Factory Reset stuck at 1% for hours

Discus and support Factory Reset stuck at 1% for hours in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi so I recently just wanted to completely factory reset my PC after upgrading to windows 10 (of course keeping win 10 after reset) and even hours... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ConorRoss112, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Factory Reset stuck at 1% for hours

Hi so I recently just wanted to completely factory reset my PC after upgrading to windows 10 (of course keeping win 10 after reset) and even hours after the reset beginning its still frozen at 1%.

Anyone got any ideas what to do?

:)

ConorRoss112, Aug 2, 2015
  2. MeiliTP Win User

Stuck at 99% for 20 hours factory reset Windows 7

Hi,

I had a lot of issues booting my Windows 7 after I downgrade from Windows 10. I couldn't boot anymore so I use Parted Magic and save my important files. I tried the Acer eRecovery Management where I can do a factory reset and keep a backup from my files.
    It's my second time doing the factory reset on the computer. The first one didn't solve my booting problem. When I turned on my computer it failed to install Windows and had to restart indefinitely.

I have 2 loading bars: 1- System restoration which is at 100%

2- Updating the system which is at 99%.

It only took 1 hour to have the first bar at 100% and the second bar at 99%. Now I have been waiting for almost 20 hours to complete the restoration. Should I wait or should I force my computer to turn off? If I decide to turn it off should I worry about
    the possibilities of having even more problems?

Beside, if my second factory reset doesn't solve my problem what should I do? Since I downgrade I can't boot anymore Windows. I can't go to safe mode (I success once and after this it didn't work anymore so I did my first factory reset) I tried the bootrec.exe.
    I got 0 installations of Windows on the rebuild fonction. I tried the bcdedit export and the command failed. I tried the recovery option, but it failed to repair. I tried the Windows 10 ISO, but it said no OS on the USB.

Please help me it's been 3 days since I had issues and nothing seems to work. I feel hopeless.

MeiliTP, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Stuck at 99% for 20 hours factory reset Windows 7

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand you are facing issues after downgrading to Windows 7. sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Few more details would help us to assist you better.

1. After downgrading to Windows 7, Did you get to the desktop screen atleast once?

2. Which model of Acer computer are you using?

3."I tried the bootrec.exe. I got 0 installations of Windows on the rebuild fonction. I tried the bcdedit export and the command failed. I tried the recovery option, but it failed to repair.", did you use the Windows 7 installation disc to repair
    BCD(Boot Configuration Data)?

4. "I tried the Windows 10 ISO, but it said no OS on the USB.", were you trying to again install Windows 10?

"Should I wait or should I force my computer to turn off?" you may unplug all external devices like flash drive, printer and scanner etc., (except mouse and keyboard) connected to the computer to check if the factory reset
    completes.

If the installation doesn't complete(after unplugging the external devices) after 2 more hours, you may force shut down (long press the power button for 10 seconds) the computer.

You may start the computer and check if you can boot to the desktop or if you get any error message.

Please get back with the above information to assist you better.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

Factory Reset stuck at 1% for hours

1. Factory Reset stuck at 1% for hours - Similar Threads - Factory Reset stuck

2. Factory Reset Stuck At 1%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory Reset Stuck At 1%: I tried factory resetting my PC since it was running slowly, but it has been stuck at 1% for like an hour. I am aware that these take up to 3 hrs, but I dont think it should still be at 1%. The PC is pretty old, and thats why I’m resetting it. It’s an XPS 8500 I think....
  3. Factory Reset Stuck At 1%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory Reset Stuck At 1%: I tried factory resetting my PC since it was running slowly, but it has been stuck at 1% for like an hour. I am aware that these take up to 3 hrs, but I dont think it should still be at 1%. The PC is pretty old, and thats why I’m resetting it. It’s an XPS 8500 I think....
  4. Factory Reset Stuck At 1%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. resetting pc stuck on 1 percent for 4 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    resetting pc stuck on 1 percent for 4 hours: i have searched this issue and found a lot of people saying to just leave it even if it takes a 18 hours more it will eventually get to an end i figured it could take a while because i have a 14tb hdd but the thing is i literally have zero files on the pc 1.Should i wait more...
  6. resetting pc stuck on 1 percent for 4 hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    resetting pc stuck on 1 percent for 4 hours: i have searched this issue and found a lot of people saying to just leave it even if it takes a 18 hours more it will eventually get to an end i figured it could take a while because i have a 14tb hdd but the thing is i literally have zero files on the pc 1.Should i wait more...
  7. resetting pc stuck on 1 percent for 4 hours

8. Laptop with broken screen stuck on factory reset for 34+ hours

Laptop with broken screen stuck on factory reset for 34+ hours: Hi, everyone. My 3 year old Asus laptop had been acting weird for the past few weeks basic programs like file explorer and task manager didn't respond, games didn't load, etc. so I decided to do a factory reset to it. Before I went to bed two days ago, I backed up my files to...
  9. Factory Reset stuck at 99% for 24 hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Factory Reset stuck at 99% for 24 hours: Hello, yesterday I decided to do a factory reset on my HP OMEN 15 (I'm planning to sell it). Everything was going well (I'm aware that this can last several hours), but then it got stuck at 99%, so I waited until the next day. Now it's around 6pm and it's still stuck on that...
  10. acer laptop stuck on factory reset at 42% for 2 hours

acer laptop stuck on factory reset at 42% for 2 hours: hi im really anxious as i write this so please forgive any mistakes i moved all my files from my old acer laptop to another laptop manually, and then i decided to factory reset the acer laptop the long reset where it doesn't save any files for the first few bits the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. its been an hour and my PC resetting is only 1%

2. im trying to reset my computer and it keeps getring stuck at 1%

3. factory reset 1% reset

4. windows 10 reset pc stuck at 1%,
  5. should your computer be stuck at a 1% for hours on a factory reset,
  6. factory restore stuck at 1% win 10