Windows 10: Factory Reset Windows10: There was a problem resetting your PC FIX

Discus and support Factory Reset Windows10: There was a problem resetting your PC FIX in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How to Factory Reset Windows10 or upgraded to Windows10 from Windows7 or 8. This is also a FIX for the ERROR: There was a problem resetting your PC.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tankachoo, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Tankachoo Win User

Factory Reset Windows10: There was a problem resetting your PC FIX

How to Factory Reset Windows10 or upgraded to Windows10 from Windows7 or 8.
    This is also a FIX for the ERROR: There was a problem resetting your PC.
    This fix is only for Legit Authorized Copies of Windows 7, 8, or 10.

Hey all, I upgraded to Win10 from Win8.1 when it was released for free upgrades in 2015. It is now 2016 and I wanted to Factory Reset my PC so I can start fresh again. I attempted to do it from Settings/Update and Security/Recovery/Reset this PC as suggested by Microsoft but I received and error saying "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made." After searching the web I found many different fixes but they all seems so involved. Making a boot flash drive or burning a DVD and use their software... There is an awesome tutorial on this forum called Windows 10 Clean Install but I like to KISS when I can (Keep It Simple Stupid) so I decided to check with Microsoft.com before I started that process.

THE SIMPLE FIX I FOUND THAT WORKED FOR ME:
    Go to: Windows 10
    Click the "Upgrade Now" button.
    Follow the prompts and you're good to go.
    Works with Windows 7, 8 and 10. Simple enough for me *Smile

I wasn't able to find this simple suggestion when searching the web so I felt I should post it in hopes it helps someone too *Smile

-

:)

Tankachoo, Jan 29, 2016
  2. DeboSB Win User

How to fix ''there was a problem resetting your PC''?

how do i fix "there was a problem resetting your PC"? it resets but when it's at 60% it stops then the " there was a problem resetting your PC" shows up.. how do i fix it? i really want to reset my PC cause it's super slow..

DeboSB, Jan 29, 2016
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Jan 29, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Jan 29, 2016
  5. Tankachoo Win User
    Thank you for another suggestion and great tutorial but that still doesn't beat the 2 CLICK FIX I posted lol

1. Go to: Windows 10
    2. Click the "Upgrade Now" button.

*KISS - I also posted this is because it may work for someone else before they go through the long process of the other suggestions for a fix.

Tankachoo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Factory Reset Windows10: There was a problem resetting your PC FIX - Similar Threads - Factory Reset Windows10

2. Fix pc factory reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fix pc factory reset: I had done a factory reset on my and it would stop at 4%,after that it would start undoing changes. Now I cant sign into my account because it says the services are down and im stuck in a loop because I can’t reset my pc since it stops at 4%. I’ve tried everything such as...
  3. Fix pc factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix pc factory reset: I had done a factory reset on my and it would stop at 4%,after that it would start undoing changes. Now I cant sign into my account because it says the services are down and im stuck in a loop because I can’t reset my pc since it stops at 4%. I’ve tried everything such as...
  4. Fix pc factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problems With Factory Reset on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems With Factory Reset on PC: Hello,I recently bought a computer off an individual. The PC was not reset before giving it to me. I am trying to reset the pc back to its factory setting so that I may access and use the pc. When resetting, it is asking me to "insert your windows installation or recovery...
  6. Problems With Factory Reset on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems With Factory Reset on PC: Hello,I recently bought a computer off an individual. The PC was not reset before giving it to me. I am trying to reset the pc back to its factory setting so that I may access and use the pc. When resetting, it is asking me to "insert your windows installation or recovery...
  7. Factory Reset Windows 10 - NO PASSWORD and "THERE WAS A PROBLEM RESETTING YOUR PC"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory Reset Windows 10 - NO PASSWORD and "THERE WAS A PROBLEM RESETTING YOUR PC": Hello everybody, After several tries and research online I still cant make it work... I am trying to factory reset an old Acer Aspire. I dont remember the Windows Password, and I dont have any way to be able to recover it. So I am trying to do a factory reset. So,...
  8. Problems Factory Resetting PC

Problems Factory Resetting PC: First off, lets get what I've tried out of the way. these are all the problems I encountered whilst trying to solve my issue I would like to clarify, some of these changes were supposed to help allow the reset process to work e.g., most of the CMD commands, but some were...
  9. Factory reset doesn't work there was a problem resetting your PC

Factory reset doesn't work there was a problem resetting your PC: Hello, Yesterday I have been trying to fix a problem I still have on the Uplay client. I have been told by google searches that one of the fixes for this problem is to reset the hosts file I have massed up there I changed the hosts file to a .txt file and I can't put it...
  10. Factory reset your PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Factory reset your PC: I'm unable to factory reset my PC, and am currently stuck in a loop that keeps bringing me back to a BIOS screen. How can I factory reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-reset-your-pc/874acf5c-5d9d-4904-be20-8e334461cd18

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problem resetting pc fix it windows10 free