Windows 10: Factory reset

Discus and support Factory reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10. It came running Windows 8.1. I have Office 365 and a few bespoke pieces of software that I no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gary Tonsley, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Gary Tonsley Win User

Factory reset

Hi,

I have a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10. It came running Windows 8.1. I have Office 365 and a few bespoke pieces of software that I no longer have the ability to re-install.

I have a problem with the wireless card on my laptop and Lenovo support suggest that I do a full factory reset of the machine to resolve it.

My question is, how will this factory restore work? I am worried about the pieces of software I can no longer re-install as I don't have the means to do that. Other than that, I have all documents and photos backed up to OneDrive and I could easily re-install Office 365. I am also worried I will lose Windows 10.

Any thoughts or advice welcome.

Thank you.

:)

Gary Tonsley, Jul 12, 2018
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jul 12, 2018
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Factory reset

Ive factory reset my computer but I can't use the mouse or the keyboard to select laugage

Hi,

A device like your keyboard and mouse is not detected during factory reset.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps
    that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Are you performing a factory reset on a laptop or a desktop?
    • Is this the first time you perform a factory reset on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, if you're working on a desktop, we suggest that you try to use a PS2 keyboard just to bypass the installation process. Once Windows is up and running, you may now plug your mouse and keyboard to initialize Windows to detect these devices.

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

Factory reset

1. Factory reset - Similar Threads - Factory reset

2. Factory resetting a windows 10 asus vivobook pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory resetting a windows 10 asus vivobook pro: My microsoft account got hacked so I can’t sign into my laptop rendering it useless. I need to factory reset it to open it back up with a different account but the methods I’ve seen online aren’t working. Pressing f9 from boot didn’t do anything and holding shift over the...
  3. reset to factory settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    reset to factory settings: I'm attempting to reset my laptop (Lenova Thinkpad) to factory settings. I've gone through the Widows prompts and instructions to rest but keep getting an error that "something went wrong" and my computer/ windows can not reset- Any help? Thanks...
  4. Lenovo Ideapad 100S-11IBY Factory reset does not work

Lenovo Ideapad 100S-11IBY Factory reset does not work: My son purchased this over a year ago and stopped using it 6 months ago. The Micorsoft update assistant is trying to load but there is not enough room so it cancels. I had to uninstall but the it keeps trying to install. I decided to set it back to factory default and...
  5. Factory reset

Factory reset: Unfortunately we have forgotten the password of the computer (PC windows 10) and we do not have a Microsoft account associated with any of the profiles. In order to access the PC, therefore, it is necessary to restore it from the factory. For this I followed all the steps,...
  6. Stuck on "Just a moment" after factory reset

Stuck on "Just a moment" after factory reset: A while back I had a problem with a program or driver that made my laptop freeze upon loading into the desktop, I couldnt find the problem and ended up just doing a factory reset after transfering my files to an external hard drive. Upon loading back into windows after the...
  7. factory reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    factory reset: I was wandering how to do a factory reset on my hp pavilion 2-1??? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/factory-reset/d97e74d9-d67b-4ab4-8bde-e30c4d81f5a2
  8. Computer Factory Reset Now Its Not Booting up

Computer Factory Reset Now Its Not Booting up: I recently have been having so much problems with my brand new alienware computer. From my search bar not working what so ever to my disk defrag not even allowing me to clean my computer for a month now. i decided to just reset my pc and start over fresh (again) and now that...
  9. Factory reset.

Factory reset.: So I want to factory reset my pc but when I go to settings>Recovery>Get started and hit remove everything it says could not fight the recovery environment insert your windows installation or recovery media, and restart your PC with the media. I have the USB media for...
  10. factory reset?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    factory reset?: I want to give my computer to a friend but I don't know how to get rid of my data and parameters for factory reset?? ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/factory-reset/e846d4ed-0f40-4fe6-9266-53b6368d8f7e"