Windows 10: Factory reset

Discus and support Factory reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10. It came running Windows 8.1. I have Office 365 and a few bespoke pieces of software that I no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gary Tonsley, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Factory reset

Hi,

I have a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10. It came running Windows 8.1. I have Office 365 and a few bespoke pieces of software that I no longer have the ability to re-install.

I have a problem with the wireless card on my laptop and Lenovo support suggest that I do a full factory reset of the machine to resolve it.

My question is, how will this factory restore work? I am worried about the pieces of software I can no longer re-install as I don't have the means to do that. Other than that, I have all documents and photos backed up to OneDrive and I could easily re-install Office 365. I am also worried I will lose Windows 10.

Any thoughts or advice welcome.

Thank you.

:)

Gary Tonsley, Jul 12, 2018
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jul 12, 2018
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Factory reset

Ive factory reset my computer but I can't use the mouse or the keyboard to select laugage

Hi,

A device like your keyboard and mouse is not detected during factory reset.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps
    that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Are you performing a factory reset on a laptop or a desktop?
    • Is this the first time you perform a factory reset on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, if you're working on a desktop, we suggest that you try to use a PS2 keyboard just to bypass the installation process. Once Windows is up and running, you may now plug your mouse and keyboard to initialize Windows to detect these devices.

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

Factory reset

1. Factory reset - Similar Threads - Factory reset

2. Windows 10 factory reset not finishing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 factory reset not finishing: So I would usually do 1 to 2 factory resets a year, because I have a habit of filling my laptop up with music, programs and pictures, it would get really full and unorganized, im too lazy to organize it so I would do a factory reset. After the factory reset finished I would...
  3. Factory reset does not remove updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Factory reset does not remove updates: I factory reset my Windows 10 system yesterday and it did not remove any of the updates besides the May cumulative update from this month. Is this intended? 133171
  4. insuffient memory to reset to factory settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    insuffient memory to reset to factory settings: I need to reset my computer but it says I have insufficient memory to perform the task. I have deleted EVERYTHING possible and still do not have enough memory to reset. PLEASE help...
  5. I am trying to reset my Windows 10 NuVision 8" Tablet tablet back to factory and it fails.

I am trying to reset my Windows 10 NuVision 8" Tablet tablet back to factory and it fails.: I am trying to reset my Windows 10 NuVision 8" Tablet tablet back to factory and it fails. I can't install Windows 10 1903 either by updating through https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10 because I only have 5.2G of space on a 25G HDD or from a USB...
  6. Factory Reset with Windows 10

Factory Reset with Windows 10: I have a Alienware laptop M17x R4. I originally an OS either Windows 7 or Window 8. Then a free upgrade to Windows 10 came and I upgraded to that. My questions is, if I were to factory reset my laptop, would it get Windows 7/8 or will I still get Windows 10? TIA...
  7. Factory Reset Stuck at 10%

Factory Reset Stuck at 10%: I started a factory reset on my HP Omen Laptop around 1:45 PM. The laptop has both a 128GB SSD, and a 2TB HDD. It has been stuck at 10% for close to 3 hours now. The HDD indicator is flickering, but rarely blinks fully on and off. Does that mean the HDD has frozen? What...
  8. I am unable to open anything on my Surface Book 1 after a factory reset

I am unable to open anything on my Surface Book 1 after a factory reset: I was going to restore my laptop due to giving it away so I did a factory reset when everything was done and i was taken to the desktop, no program opens, i cant open settings, edge, battery indicator, wifi, start menu, literally nothing My computer was working fine...
  9. Start, Search and ms-settings not accessible after a reset to factory setting with Windows...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start, Search and ms-settings not accessible after a reset to factory setting with Windows...: Hi there, I wanted to clean my Surface which was associated to a work profile from my previous company. I made a full reset, using the BitLocker and it seemed to work fine. Unfortunately, after reinstalling Windows, I have no access to Start or Search, I can't even have...
  10. Factory Reset Problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Factory Reset Problem.: I was factory resetting my computer due to issuses with it, The reset was going good untill the computer had to download windows 10 it goes 10% and then an error pops up that says Windows could not configure one or more system componets. To install windows, restart the...