Windows 10: Factory restoring my custom desktop PC. How can I ensure user name?

Discus and support Factory restoring my custom desktop PC. How can I ensure user name? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I built a PC last year and I have recently updated to a new email address which of course messed up my Microsoft one drive link and other things. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ranok, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Ranok Win User

Factory restoring my custom desktop PC. How can I ensure user name?

So I built a PC last year and I have recently updated to a new email address which of course messed up my Microsoft one drive link and other things. I decided that I am going to restore windows 10 due to a few reasons. I have previously uninstalled windows store app and my user folder name in the C drive is terrible due to my previous email.

I have a few questions!

1. Will restoring Windows 10 mess up anything on a custom built pc? Will I have to re-install bios or the like?

2. How can I ensure my user name for the user folder in C is the name I want it to be instead of taking letters from my gmail address?

:)

Ranok, Apr 9, 2017
  2. Jenny105 Win User

How can I ensure that I have to SIGN IN for all my microsoft accounts.

What damage have I done by following this advice and opening a local account on Win 10. As above. Can I change back?

I have now found out it seems that my email account was never in danger. Without informing me Microsoft changed system and one sign in is ok for all micrsoft products. That is why it appeared that my email account was open .

I am extremely distressed because I felt my mai;l and therefore sensitive sites were at risk I spent hours changing individual passwords. Now it is difficult to remember what those 30 changes wee.

I'm looking into an Ipad in future . 4 of my older friends have switched over. If that is indicative of the UK then Microsoft market share will fall

I am furious that in a security emergency there is no tel no to ring.

Jenny105, Apr 9, 2017
  3. Jenny105 Win User
    How can I ensure that I have to SIGN IN for all my microsoft accounts.

Hi there is one more question before I reply. Ariel

Please confirm that in the past week Microsoft have changed systems.

Confirm that when I sign in to Microsoft at the point of switching on my computer, this sign in at switch on signs in all my other accounts automatically eg Outlook/Hotmail. ?

Confirm that this is why I no longer have a sign in box for Outlook/Hotmail AND that I will no longer have to sign in for each M'soft account individually.

Again confirm it is safe and secure not have the old sign in box with username and password for my email account and that this account should be opening without this old individual system of entry , as from last week. ie That is safe to search for www.hotmail.com
    and that my email account opens into Inbox with no sign in procedure. And this is secure

Thank you

Jenny105, Apr 9, 2017
  4. lx07 Win User

lx07, Apr 9, 2017
  5. Ranok Win User
    Thanks! *Smile I'll try it.

Ranok, Apr 9, 2017
  6. Ranok Win User
    Will I be missing out on anything if I start with a local account and then change it to my Microsoft account?

Ranok, Apr 9, 2017
  7. lx07 Win User
    Nothing at all. I always do it for same reason as you - I don't like the random name they make up.

lx07, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Factory restoring my custom desktop PC. How can I ensure user name? - Similar Threads - Factory restoring custom

2. How to restore Users/User name to original name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore Users/User name to original name?: Hei, I renamed my Users/User folder as I didn't like the nameI simply saw a method where I had to look for my user name on the search bar and the option for renaming it would be available. But I can see that windows still see that folder path with the old user name, so it may...
  3. How to restore Users/User name to original name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore Users/User name to original name?: Hei, I renamed my Users/User folder as I didn't like the nameI simply saw a method where I had to look for my user name on the search bar and the option for renaming it would be available. But I can see that windows still see that folder path with the old user name, so it may...
  4. How can i factory reset my pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i factory reset my pc?: Im unable to factory reset my pc to fix whatever boot problem it has. My computer keeps going to the uefi menu, or going to my usual windows, but getting the bsod after trying to log in. I've gotten to a menu that has an option to reset my pc, but every time I've tried to...
  5. How can i factory reset my pc?

How can i factory reset my pc?: Im unable to factory reset my pc to fix whatever boot problem it has. My computer keeps going to the uefi menu, or going to my usual windows, but getting the bsod after trying to log in. I've gotten to a menu that has an option to reset my pc, but every time I've tried to...
  6. how can i change my user name ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i change my user name ?: How can i change this Name ? whenever i logged in by Microsoft Acccount, user name showing "saifm".i want to keep only "Saif" not "saifm". i want to keep this change permanently. Like, whenever I log in, my username should show "Saif"...
  7. how can i change my user name ?

how can i change my user name ?: How can i change this Name ? whenever i logged in by Microsoft Acccount, user name showing "saifm".i want to keep only "Saif" not "saifm". i want to keep this change permanently. Like, whenever I log in, my username should show "Saif"...
  8. How can I set custom music for my desktop?

How can I set custom music for my desktop?: How can I set a specific song as my desktop background music? Not to set it up like in the video linked below to where the song starts in Windows Media Player and starts the app when I log in, but to where it automatically plays as the static background music whenever I'm on...
  9. How can I set custom music for my desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I set custom music for my desktop?: How can I set a specific song as my desktop background music? Not to set it up like in the video linked below to where the song starts in Windows Media Player and starts the app when I log in, but to where it automatically plays as the static background music whenever I'm on...
  10. Customizing User Name and Picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customizing User Name and Picture: I am looking to change this screen to User Name : Elecrical Bannana and a picture of a banana with a electric cord. How can I do this ?? Also how can I change the fonts ? John*cry*Cool 87559