Windows 10: Factory settings with keeping D drive?

Discus and support Factory settings with keeping D drive? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi i need some help. I have one Windows 10 Pro 32bit version It is slow. So i need to do factory reset. But i need to keep files on drive D Which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by donix, Nov 8, 2016.

1. donix Win User

Factory settings with keeping D drive?

Hi i need some help.
    I have one Windows 10 Pro 32bit version
    It is slow.
    So i need to do factory reset.
    But i need to keep files on drive D
    Which option should i use in recovery window
    - Windows which will pop up if you type in search reset and then click on button Get Started (Factory settings)
    first - keep files and remove programs and settings
    second - remove everything

Thanks for help.

It is some HP notebook with 1 GB RAM

:)

donix, Nov 8, 2016

2. Windows 10 reset

You are welcome. Keep us informed, & good luck.

If you actually do a RESET - I would appreciate a full description...

(a) Is your computer OEM?

(b) What did ReagentC show?

(c) Did RESET give the choice "Restore factory settings"?

(d) Did you end up in Win 10 or your factory OS (if those are different)?

PCR Just PCR, Nov 8, 2016
  3. I have an Asus vivobook s500ca and i had upgraded it, from win 8.1 pro ( preinstaled win 8) to win 10 in july, this summer ( 2015). Now i want to get back to win 8 or 8.1, with factory reset.

<Original title: win 10 downgrade>

Hi, people! i don't know what to do! i have an Asus vivobook s500ca and i had upgraded it, from win 8.1 pro ( preinstaled win 8) to win 10 in july, this summer ( 2015). Now i want to get back to win 8 or 8.1, with factory reset. How does this work and what
    files does it delete? i want to keep my files from desktop ( all documents are on desktopFactory settings with keeping D drive? :))) ) and i moved them on disk d ( disk c in the one with Windows ). The factory reset is deleting all files from disk c AND DISK D? i don't have a backup from win 8,
    8.1 (my blody eyes!). How works the reseting to factory setting?

the big question, Nov 8, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

If it were me, I would do a clean install by booting from a Windows 10 installation USB flash drive or DVD. Select the custom install option and then you can delete all the partitions except your data partition to ensure that your data partition does not get erased.

NavyLCDR, Nov 9, 2016
  5. donix Win User
    Yes i know about that option.
    But now it is solved i have used the first option.
    It is OK now.
    Thanks

donix, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Factory settings with keeping D drive? - Similar Threads - Factory settings keeping

2. D Drive not showing up after factory reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D Drive not showing up after factory reset: Hi all,I just did a complete factory reset of my computer and now my D drive is not showing up.. That is where I want to put most of my files. I'm guessing Disk 1 Partition 2 is my D drive because I believe I have 1TB of space on it. But I'm not sure how to access the D...
  3. D Drive not showing up after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D Drive not showing up after factory reset: Hi all,I just did a complete factory reset of my computer and now my D drive is not showing up.. That is where I want to put most of my files. I'm guessing Disk 1 Partition 2 is my D drive because I believe I have 1TB of space on it. But I'm not sure how to access the D...
  4. D Drive not showing up after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. D drive After factory reset issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D drive After factory reset issue: Hello, im having an issue after factory resetting my PC. Every year i reset my PC so i can start with a fresh PC that is fast. This year i reset my PC using a USB and i install the windows 10 installation media https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10.After...
  6. D drive After factory reset issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D drive After factory reset issue: Hello, im having an issue after factory resetting my PC. Every year i reset my PC so i can start with a fresh PC that is fast. This year i reset my PC using a USB and i install the windows 10 installation media https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10.After...
  7. D drive After factory reset issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. D drive keeps disappearing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    D drive keeps disappearing.: Every time I download something on my D drive it simply disappears, although once I restart my computer its there again. This would not be as big of a problem if the thing I'm downloading did not have to restart. Does anybody know a solution to this issue? submitted by...
  9. D Drive keeps dissappearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D Drive keeps dissappearing: My D Drive keeps disappearing. When I turn my PC on and off again, it shows up and the disc management says it is "Healthy" but sometimes it disappears. I tried to rescan discs and I tried "sfc /scannow", both did not give any results. My disc did not come back and command...
  10. Windows keeps resetting to factory settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows keeps resetting to factory settings: Windows updated several weeks ago and since then it has reset the desktop to factory setting 4-5 times. All shortcuts are gone, background personalization is lost, ShareFile and Dropbox have to be reconfigured, items added to Quick Access have to be re-added, my desire for...