Windows 10: fail to boot after changing memory card

Discus and support fail to boot after changing memory card in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an old computer, which has a 2G memory card. I bought a 4 GB memory card. whenever i insert the 4 gb card with or without the old 2g memory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by chrunos, Aug 13, 2015.

1. chrunos Win User

fail to boot after changing memory card

I have an old computer, which has a 2G memory card. I bought a 4 GB memory card. whenever i insert the 4 gb card with or without the old 2g memory card, WIndows failed to load. My computer is 64 bit, but I am running Windows 10 32 bit Home. Do i have to install Widows 10 64 bit before i can upgrade my memory card?

:)

chrunos, Aug 13, 2015
  2. sarge1238 Win User

Change default file receive location.

Hi All,

I have 3110Classic model, and I am using a 1GB SD Memory card along with it.

The problem that i am facing is whenever I try to receive a big file through Bluetooth, it fails to receive it and on the other end it say failed to Delivered,

After doing a small R&D I come on a conclusion that it is because of my low Phone Memory(not the Mermory of SD card).

Is there any way thorugh which I can change the default storage location of files received from Phone Memory to SD Memory card.

Regards,

Sarge

sarge1238, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Nokia 5610 Xpress Music - support MicroSDHC or just MicroSD?

I am very dissapointed, as I have purchased an 8GB microSDHC card to use with My 5610. the phone will not boot up when the memory card is installed - you have to have the memory card out, and then insert it after the phone has booted. You then wait for
    the phone to update the music library in the background (fine, I have about 1500 MP3's on the memory card). After about 1 hour of playback, the phone restarts and will then fail to boot up properly until the memory card is removed!!!

I will also add that I have had problems even with a 2GB microSD where I still had about 1500 songs, becuase I had converted them from 128kb to a lower bitrate. This phone seems to have problems whenever there are a large number of MP3 files on the memory card,
    no matter what the capacity of the card is...NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Aditionally, the radio seems to have developed a problem where it will mute/go silent for a second when it's on, as well as the problems I have with the screen randomly losing power for a secon (it looks like when you turn a TV off, and then comes back on after
    a second or two) this phone will be going in for repair or replacement ASAP!!!

chapelstboy, Aug 13, 2015
  4. Simple Win User

32bit systems cannot address more than 4GB of memory but this not the reason for not booting. I have an 8GB system and I boot 64bit or sometimes 32bit. You may have a faulty or the wrong type of memory.

However, ensure the memory is inserted properly and boot into the bios to check if the system can actually address the memory and while you are there, load default settings. Some older systems require to boot into the BIOS to refresh and recognize any change.

Simple, Aug 13, 2015
  5. chrunos Win User
    thank you for your reply. the question is , when i press the start button, the screen, mouse ,and keyboard didn't have a respond, only the fan in the box spinning.

chrunos, Aug 13, 2015
  6. brummyfan Win User
    As soon as you press the power button, press F2, Del or Esc button to view the BIOS screen, what is the model of your computer? Different make models need different buttons.

brummyfan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. fail to boot after changing memory card - Similar Threads - fail boot changing

2. Boot Fail after Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot Fail after Login: I seem to have a boot problem that is a variation of the Black Screen with mouse cursor. The Lenovo boots to the desktop background with no icons, Taskbar appears with only minimal items. The mouse cursor is normal in the desktop area but changes to a a spinning circle when...
  3. Memory Cards

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Memory Cards: I have DDR4 2400 and 2600 hundred in 8 GB cards. I need to return 2 2400 cards to another computer and pass it to my son/ I will need 2 8 GIG 2600 to get me back to 32 Gigs. Amazon search brings up 2666 -- sorry for lost info on my cut -out. Too late to get an answer...
  4. Memory card storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Memory card storage: The memory card storage on my Lenovo Ideapad 110 isn't being seen any more; how can I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/memory-card-storage/0ce2a455-036e-4796-a3cb-e6a832a68cda"
  5. Fail to boot after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fail to boot after update: Hello, After installing the latest update on my PC and laptop, both of them failed to boot, it shows the blue screen saying SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION. Then I contacted a live agent and the agent, the case number was 1467675304. He asked me to download a Windows 10...
  6. Memory Card reader

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory Card reader: The memory card reader on my Toshiba Satellite laptop has stopped working for no apparent reason. The Windows 10 troubleshooter couldn't find a fault, tells me the device is working OK - but it isn't. Would appreciate any advice to resolve this problem. Thanks....
  7. Memory card reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Memory card reader: This has got to be the most annoying problem yet with Windows 10. I did another update on Windows and now my M17 Alienware won't read my memory cards any longer. I get this idiot message. The driver for "this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have...
  8. Memory card not reading after recent update

Memory card not reading after recent update: After a recent windows ten update, my memory card will not read. According to my reader, it is blocke by Windows.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/memory-card-not-reading-after-recent-update/26804cb5-56d6-4160-9fef-662ecc900a41
  9. use memory card

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    use memory card: I would like to transfer items to memory card. For some reason the card won't take it. I'm getting an error stating I can't update my window because of no space....
  10. Memory Card Mystery

Memory Card Mystery: I loaded a digital camera with a LExar SD card I had previously used in a Sony voice recorder. When I've done this at other times with other cameras, the camera added a DCIM folder and put its images there. But this time, when I transferred the card to my desktop PC's reader....