Windows 10: "Fail to copy file to HDD. File: E:\Images\WOP000460OxoEN0738.SWM

Discus and support "Fail to copy file to HDD. File: E:\Images\WOP000460OxoEN0738.SWM in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 1.My Acer computer with Win 7 was updated to Win 10 but no Win Recovery USB was made 2. The Acer computer was dropped and disk drive was damaged 3. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ron Woodman, Jan 11, 2017.

1. "Fail to copy file to HDD. File: E:\Images\WOP000460OxoEN0738.SWM

1.My Acer computer with Win 7 was updated to Win 10 but no Win Recovery USB was made
    2. The Acer computer was dropped and disk drive was damaged
    3. I Removed the disk drive from my old Toshiba running Vista and installed the drive in the Acer
    4. Started ACER using Win 7 recovery DVD. Files are loaded.
    5. I chose Completely Restore System to factory default
    6. Files are copied to E:
    7. I get a message "Fail to copy file to HDD. File: E:\Images\WOP000460OxoEN0738.SWM failed to copy to HDD"
    8. When I click OK the ACER restarts in Vista
    9. Could I use the Win 10 Recovery USB from my PC to get the Acer to work?

:)

Ron Woodman, Jan 11, 2017

2. File recovery issue: Windows 8.1 upgraded to Windows 10

OK, I know what .swm files are now. D'oh!!

Files that contain the .swm file extension are most commonly associated with the ImageX command line application. The ImageX command line application
    is used to create Windows disk images.

Madge Magic, Jan 11, 2017
  3. Roycon Win User
    win10 file endings .swm

Frederick. Hi. Sorry for not replying. I ) I have never done this before so could not find my original request, and also your reply. ( Still do not know how to do this). I have now identified what a .swm file is, but if I remember correctly I asked for info.
    to enable me to open it, or read it. Thanks anyway.

Roycon, Jan 11, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

"Fail to copy file to HDD. File: E:\Images\WOP000460OxoEN0738.SWM

Ouch! Welcome to TenForums.

You don't need to install 7 again then upgrade it, you can go straight to a clean install of Windows 10.

When you upgraded from 7 to 10 a Digital Licence was recorded on Microsoft's activation servers linked to the hardware of your PC. The unique hardware ID for your PC does not include the hard drive, so you are free to change this for a new one. Provided you install the same edition, Home or Pro, as you had before this will activate automatically.

Download the install media from Microsoft using their Media Creation Tool. Run the MCT and take the 'make media for another PC' option. If you are doing this from the Acer use the 'defaults for this PC' setting, otherwise you'll need to select the architecture (32bit or 64bit) appropriate for the Acer. You can make an ISO file or a USB, my preference is to use the USB. Boot your PC from the USB and do a clean install, making sure you select Home or Pro to match what you had before. When asked for a key, skip this by clicking the 'I don't have one' option. As soon as the install has finished and Windows 10 can connect to the activation servers it should activate automatically.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...-download.html

Thema:

"Fail to copy file to HDD. File: E:\Images\WOP000460OxoEN0738.SWM

1. "Fail to copy file to HDD. File: E:\Images\WOP000460OxoEN0738.SWM - Similar Threads - Fail copy file

2. PC wont copy files to external HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC wont copy files to external HDD: Hello,I'm trying to copy a file that is 380GB to an External drive that has 1.63TB of free space. When I attempt to copy this file over by either dragging/dropping or copy/pasting it says "There is not enough space on Local disk" and shows me the space available on my local...
  3. PC wont copy files to external HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC wont copy files to external HDD: Hello,I'm trying to copy a file that is 380GB to an External drive that has 1.63TB of free space. When I attempt to copy this file over by either dragging/dropping or copy/pasting it says "There is not enough space on Local disk" and shows me the space available on my local...
  4. PC wont copy files to external HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. copying music files to e: drive for phone

copying music files to e: drive for phone: I have hundreds of cd's copied to an old computer. I have some on this new one. When I use the sychronization feature on Windows Media Player, to copy from the c: drive to e: drive micro sd card for phone, the 1st song on the cd, does not copy? This happens a lot. It does the...
  6. Setup.exe - Long time during Copying Windows files... 100% when using split .SWM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setup.exe - Long time during Copying Windows files... 100% when using split .SWM: I don't know if this is default or design behavior, but I noticed that when using Windows 10 install image with split files install.SWM setup.exe takes a much longer time during process "Copying Windows files... 100%", can mislead the user to think that your setup...
  7. Cannot copy files to external HDD or internal spare HDD

Cannot copy files to external HDD or internal spare HDD: Hello Everyone, I cannot copy files to any external HDD. I have also added a spare internal HDD to my HP pavilion 15 gaming laptop for extra storage and cannot copy files to this either. I have tried two external HDDs and they are two different brands so I am assuming this...
  8. Copy files from external HDD to internal HDD faster!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Copy files from external HDD to internal HDD faster!: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam, I have an external HDD of 465 GB and I have 360 GB of space. Please tell me how I can quickly copy files to my internal HDD, how to download speed (move), or if you know any program for this or changes to Quick Move Registry. I mention that I tried...
  9. Error when copying files to HDD's or deleting files.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error when copying files to HDD's or deleting files.: I recently bought two drives (a 1TB Seagate and a 2 TB WD) off Facebook Marketplace. I know it's a risk to buy used HDD, particularly on Facebook/Craiglist/etc..., but considering the cost I thought it was an acceptable risk. I am having some strange issues with these two...
  10. Can't copy file, corrupt hdd?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't copy file, corrupt hdd?: I did have 1 large file (1 GB) on my internal hdd that could not copy. If I did try to copy it to another harddisk, it did start out well, but around halfway through the copy speed goes to 0 and stays there for 5 minutes. Then it aborted with the "message "can't read from the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. リカバリー fail to copy file

2. fail to copy file to hdd

3. FAIL TO COPY Z:\IMAGES\POP01S0065X91C02100.SWM