Windows 10: Failed and ran into problems when trying to install KB4056892

Discus and support Failed and ran into problems when trying to install KB4056892 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi With this all security bugs et al and the updates, i obviously wanted to get the update installed without problem asap. So i tried using manual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Zooasaurus, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Failed and ran into problems when trying to install KB4056892

Hi
    With this all security bugs et al and the updates, i obviously wanted to get the update installed without problem asap. So i tried using manual update, and it failed to install, giving error code 0x80071a30. So i waited until the automatic updates, which it came, but this time the installation will stuck at installing 99% and ended up failed or retried on its own. My Windows Defender scan history also got reset everytime i restarted or turned off the computer. How do i get the updates installed? Previous Updates got installed smoothly ever since i updated to Creators, and i haven't done anything big to my PC. Failed Windows Update is one of my greatest fear, and this problem has taken a toll and stressed me. Any solution or suggestion will be appreciated

If there's no other choice, i must resort to using Media Creation Tool, which i don't like using since it takes an awfully long time and has deficiencies in updating itself. On a side note, retrying to redownload the update after it stuck in 99 and failed (giving error code or just retrying on its own, sadly i forgot to note the error code) will make download stuck at 0%, so i had to restart if i want to truly redownload it again.

:)

Zooasaurus, Jan 4, 2018

2. Windows 10 failed and ran into problems when trying to install latest Security Cumulative Update

Hi

With this all security bugs et al and the updates, i obviously wanted to get the update installed without problem asap. So i installed using manual update, and it failed, giving error code 0x80071a30. So i waited until the automatic updates, which it came,
    but this time the installation will stuck at installing 99% and ended up failed or retried on its own. My Windows Defender scan history also got reset everytime i restarted or turned off the computer. How do i get the updates installed? Previous Updates got
    installed smoothly ever since i updated to Creators, and i haven't done anything big to my PC. Failed Windows Update is one of my greatest fear, and this problem has taken a toll and stressed me. Any solution or suggestion will be appreciated

If there's no other choice, i must resort to using Media Creation Tool, which i don't like using since it takes an awfully long time and has deficiencies in updating itself. On a side note, retrying to redownload the update after it stuck in 99 and failed (giving
    error code or just retrying on its own, sadly i forgot to note the error code) will make download stuck at 0%, so i had to restart if i want to truly redownload it again.

Zooasaurus, Jan 4, 2018
  3. Windows 10 failed and ran into problems when trying to install latest Security Cumulative Update

Thanks for the update.

What happens when you run the troubleshooter and DISM? Let's try to manually purge the Update Cache. Here's how:

Method 1: temporarily turn off the Windows Update service (to stop background downloads). Open the Command Prompt, type the

command, and press Enter.

Method 2: Open File Explorer, and go to View > Folder Options. Select the Show hidden
    files, folder, and drives
    radio button, and click Apply to enable the display of hidden files on your computer.

Once done, navigate to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download and delete the content of the Download folder.
    Open a new Command prompt window, and run the

command to restart the Windows Update service.

Raymond Ave, Jan 4, 2018
  4. spazbot Win User

Failed and ran into problems when trying to install KB4056892

spazbot, Jan 4, 2018
  5. spazbot Win User
    According to Windows I have OS build 16299.192 which is the latest update. According to Update history that update failed. Guess I will just wait before doing anything else.

spazbot, Jan 4, 2018
  6. Bree New Member
    That too is addressed in the link you gave earlier, basically just ignore update history, it's wrong...

Bree, Jan 4, 2018
  7. spazbot Win User
    I figured that out finally myself. Read too many conflicting posts.

spazbot, Jan 4, 2018
  8. zylstra Win User

After installing KB4056892 (many times) I checked for updates, but it still tells me that KB4056892 is available and my computer is awaiting restart. Is that what Microsoft is saying is a successful update? Or is my issue different?

Anyway, isn't that quote by Microsoft referring to KB4054517, not KB4056892?

Furthermore Microsoft states
    I did that expecting 16299.192 but instead saw 16299.125. Guess I just answered my own question.

zylstra, Jan 7, 2018
  9. Open the cmd prompt as admin.

Read the top line and it will indicate what you have.
    You don't have to type anything.

From my system cmd prompt.

Jack

Layback Bear, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Failed and ran into problems when trying to install KB4056892 - Similar Threads - Failed ran problems

2. KB4056892 not offered for update; manual install fails 0x80073715

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB4056892 not offered for update; manual install fails 0x80073715: The Meltdown patch has not been offered so far for update on my Win10 Pro (build 1709) laptop. It also fails the PowerShell script that MS provided to check if your system is vulnerable. It is NOT an AMD system, and I'm using Windows Defender for antivirus protection. When...
  3. Reporting successful install of 1-2018 Cumulative Update KB4056892

Reporting successful install of 1-2018 Cumulative Update KB4056892: Just wanted to report that I just received the lastest 1-2018 Cumulative update KB4056892 and it installed without any issues, for reference it took just over 8 minutes and there were some odd screens which I haven't seen before, one of which was a blank screen using MS...
  4. Cumulative Update KB4056892 will not install on Ryzen 7

Cumulative Update KB4056892 will not install on Ryzen 7: My new Ryzen 7 1800x computer w/ ASUS Crosshair VI Hero motherboard will not install Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for X64 based systems (KB4056892). Every time my computer gets restarted, it tries to prepare this update before shutting down, then tries to...
  5. failed to install KB4056892

failed to install KB4056892: I have a Elitebook 2560p and I have a clean install of Windows 10 on it (not officially supported by HP but it works fine without third party driver apart the ones that Windows auto download from Windows update). I have a problem with KB4056892 it fails with the error code...
  6. Windows 10 update KB4056892 will not install

Windows 10 update KB4056892 will not install: Hi there, I'd be grateful for any help anyone may have with this issue. For the past 3 weeks or so, my computer has attempted to update itself to the KB4056829 update and failed every single time. My computer restarts daily in an attempt to download this update during my...
  7. Big problems with update KB4056892

Big problems with update KB4056892: One of my machines is a HP Laptop. This has windows 10 - 64 bit O/S. Build 1709 (build 16299.192. Laptop has a AMD processor. It has updated itself - and keeps trying to install KB4056892. This goes all the way through, until there is a message to restart. Following a...
  8. Still haven't received KB4056892

Still haven't received KB4056892: I'm running Win10 1709 but KB4056892 has not yet been installed. My PC has been on more often than not over the past several days. I only run Windows Defender, and when I checked just now, the cadca5fe-87d3-4b96-b7fb-a231484277cc registry value was already there and set to 0....
  9. Kb4056892 installed then tries to install again

Kb4056892 installed then tries to install again: While using my PC this morning the mouse and keyboard stopped responding. I pressed the Reset key on my machine and it started the restart process. Partially through the restart it said "Unable to install - reverting" After it completed this process, I went to Updates...
  10. Update KB4056892 causes failed Fan Control

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Update KB4056892 causes failed Fan Control: I just purchased the STRIX Gaming Graphics Card - GEFORCE GTX 1050Ti from ASUS. As soon as it was installed in my Windows 10 desktop I started seeing this message: "ASUSGPUFanServiceEx.exe has stopped working". A little research online and others reporting that this...
Tags: