Windows 10: failed to connect to localhost website

Discus and support failed to connect to localhost website in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Please excuse if this has been covered, But I can't find anything which matches my problem. I have had to change a email address from a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by samIOW, Apr 1, 2017.

1. samIOW Win User

failed to connect to localhost website

Hello,

Please excuse if this has been covered, But I can't find anything which matches my problem.

I have had to change a email address from a old one to my current one and they sent a email for me to verify it. my problem is that it is a localhost address and it comes up as failed to connect.

I have windows 10 pro running Kaspersky Internet Security 2017

any help would be greatly appreciated....

Regards, Sam

:)

samIOW, Apr 1, 2017

2. Failed to connect to localhost

good day all.

full error is -- HTTP request failed: Failed to connect to localhost

setup: 1st app config file: rpcuser=LMakduhjGu2xY rpcpassword=Blue rpcallowip=127.0.0.1 rpcport=8040 daemon=1 server=1 listen=1

1st app bat file: litecoin-qt.exe -server rpcuser=LMakduhjGu2xY rpcpassword=Blue

run: (double click bat file) runs fine and opens repository (wallet)

setup: 2nd app bat file: mining_proxy.exe -o localhost -p 8040

run: (double click bat file) starts app then gets error --

2017-09-09 12:44:46,046 ERROR proxy mining_proxy.main # Stratum host/port autodetection failed

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "mining_proxy.py", line 182, in main

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute '_parse'

2017-09-09 12:44:46,046 WARNING proxy mining_proxy.main # Stratum proxy version: 1.5.5

2017-09-09 12:44:46,230 WARNING proxy mining_proxy.test_update # Checking for updates...

2017-09-09 12:44:46,237 WARNING proxy mining_proxy.test_update # Check failed.

2017-09-09 12:44:46,237 WARNING proxy mining_proxy.main # Trying to connect to Stratum pool at http://localhost:80

Unhandled error in Deferred:

Unhandled Error

Traceback (most recent call last): .....

setup: 3rd app bat file: cudaminer.exe -o localhost:8040 -O LMakduhjGu2xY:Blue -d 0

run: (double click bat file) starts the app then gets error --

[2017-09-09 12:50:23] 1 miner threads started, using 'scrypt' algorithm.

[2017-09-09 12:50:25] HTTP request failed: Failed connect to localhost:80; No error

[2017-09-09 12:50:25] json_rpc_call failed, retry after 15 seconds

Port forwarding: HTTP Miner1 8040 external 8040 internal ip 192.168.1.14

MikeFarris_727, Apr 1, 2017
  3. Failed to connect to localhost

Hi Mike,

One of the possible reasons why you were unable to connect to the localhost
    is because of the configuration set within the LAN (Local Area Network). To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• Are you using a computer connected to a secured network or
      domain
      ?
    • Have you tried resetting your router to default?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Network troubleshooter
    to find and fix issues with your internet connection. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If that doesn’t fix your connection problem, try these things:

• Reset the TCP/IP stack
    • Release the IP address
    • Renew the IP address
    • Flush and reset the DNS client resolver cache

To run these networking commands in a command prompt window

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Command prompt, press and hold (or right-click) Command prompt, and then select Run as administrator > Yes.
    • At the command prompt, run the following commands in the listed order, and then check to see if that fixes your connection problem:
      • Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
      • Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Apr 1, 2017
  4. failed to connect to localhost website

Its a localhost address? That doesnt make sense. localhost refers to the machine itself. Otherwise known as the home address its 127.0.0.1. It isnt surprising that you are having issues with this. What email service is this and why did you have to switch?

ArazelEternal, Apr 1, 2017
  5. samIOW Win User
    Hi ArazelEternal,

Thanks for your reply, I had to update my email address with sky and like I said they require that I validate it.

Which when I clicked on the link it came up with failed to connect to a localhost. My provider is BT Infinity. this is the link http://localhost/18590db96e607a831b8...f5220fb3d04050

samIOW, Apr 1, 2017
  6. samIOW Win User
    failed to connect to localhost website [​IMG]

samIOW, Apr 1, 2017
  7. Samuria Win User
    As explained local host is your PC so unless you have a mail server running it's going no were it's not an email link anyway it's a website

Samuria, Apr 1, 2017
  8. samIOW Win User

Thanks, Not sure has it came as a email with a link titled validate. which is what I clicked thinking it was going to take me to Sky website which shows that the new email address had been validated. So now I am confused as to why it shows as local host?

samIOW, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. failed to connect to localhost website - Similar Threads - failed connect localhost

2. Force hotspot connections through localhost proxy.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Force hotspot connections through localhost proxy.: Hello, I'm using an old windows laptop as a prototype for my project. In my project, students connect to my laptop's hotspot as a form of internet access. A localhost proxy is running on my windows laptop to block websites that students are not allowed to access. Despite...
  3. localhost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    localhost: In my internet statistics appear several localhost conections that i can not explain. How can i remove them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/localhost/adfacb60-c768-448b-b482-217ff884723a
  4. localhost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    localhost: In my internet statistics appear several localhost conections that i can not explain. How can i remove them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/localhost/adfacb60-c768-448b-b482-217ff884723a
  5. Can't connect to localhost

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect to localhost: I don't remember what I changed, but if I run a Flask Python server I can't connect to it using my browser. It says connection error. I disabled firewall and defender, nothing helps. I need it to properly work in my IDE. I don't want to reinstall. submitted by...
  6. Can no longer connect to localhost

Can no longer connect to localhost: I've been using WAMP software for 10 to 15 years and have never encountered any problems. Out of the blue, my local wordpress sites running on AMPPS no longer work with following message in FF. The connection has timed out The server at 192.168.1.63 is taking too long to...
  7. MS Store fail to connect with localhost proxy

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS Store fail to connect with localhost proxy: When running with localhost proxy 127.0.0.1:<port> MS Store fail to connect no meter what i try * tried wsreset.ext * added loop LoopbackExempt to all * in MS Edge flags i have checked the "Allow localhost Loopback.." Nothing works , would appreciate if someone from...
  8. localhost

in Windows 10 Customization
    localhost: Hello I am using xampp to set up my own web server. My problem is I think, not being able to access port 80, which I think is related to iisrid. Anyway if any one knows what is happening here and has any suggestions would be appreciated[ATTACH]...
  9. localhost

localhost: I am still not able to configure localhost in windows 10. I am web developer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/localhost/ab2ec8c7-6da0-4753-b640-691c4254c5ac
  10. Network instability issues when serving a website from localhost

in Windows 10 Support
    Network instability issues when serving a website from localhost: Hi guys, First time poster here. I have an issue with my Windows 10 Pro installation. Whenever I try to serve a local website from localhost (either using the nodejs http-server, browser-sync etc. or IIS) the request takes ages to process and the assets do not load...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. failed to connect to localhost

2. localhost to conect to windows

3. cant login to localhost:3052/agent/

4. cant ping localhost in windows 10,
  5. connect to localhost on windows phone,
  6. mail(): Failed to connect to mailserver at localhost port 25