Windows 10: Failed to create the D3D9 device, This can happen if the desktop is locked

Discus and support Failed to create the D3D9 device, This can happen if the desktop is locked in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] The more advanced games are pretty sensitive to the resolution of the screen, moreover if we are playing them through an external game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 1, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

Failed to create the D3D9 device, This can happen if the desktop is locked

WinClub, Jul 1, 2018
  2. EdTittel Win User

a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jul 1, 2018
  3. titan5800 Win User
    a request for device descriptor request failed

my bios is and custom unlocked bios (latest version) (thanks to Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source ) because of lenovo hardware whitlist maybe thats causing the problem???

titan5800, Jul 1, 2018
  4. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jul 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Failed to create the D3D9 device, This can happen if the desktop is locked - Similar Threads - Failed create D3D9

2. d3d9.dll crashing app on Win 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    d3d9.dll crashing app on Win 7: Hello,I've been having problems regarding this .dll for a long time, and I haven't been able to find any solution whatsoever anywhere in the internet. I managed to create a .dmp file regarding it, though I've never used WinDbg so I have no idea if it is valid or not.I have a...
  3. Failed to create a proxy device for the USB device — VirtualBox error

in Windows 10 News
    Failed to create a proxy device for the USB device — VirtualBox error: [ATTACH]You may get the Failed to create a proxy device for the USB device error when you try to plug in an external USB device like a hard drive in VirtualBox on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer. This post provides the most applicable solutions to the issue for...
  4. Error "Failed to create D3D9 device" whenever i launch a game. How to resolve it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error "Failed to create D3D9 device" whenever i launch a game. How to resolve it?: Hello, i would like to know a way to definitely resolve this problem as it is really frustrating. I get this error whenever i try to launch a game since almost 1 month. I tried every solution i saw on online forums and sometime they worked only for one gaming session or...
  5. d3d9.dll was not found how to fix?

in Windows 10 Customization
    d3d9.dll was not found how to fix?: When i open any game from steam like mount and blade warband or gta sa it says d3d9.dll was not fount try reinstelling program. I tried reinstaling directx didnt work. I tried directx end user something also didnt work. Please how do i fix it. I have windows 10 64bit...
  6. Can a Desktop be created on a second internal HDD?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can a Desktop be created on a second internal HDD?: On Win 10 Home my Dell desktop has an internal 128 GB SSD (C drive) and a 1TB standard HDD (D drive). Wondering if it is possible to somehow create a desktop for the 1 TB drive as documents, photos, videos and other storage hogs will be on it. Dell tech support (if I was...
  7. Failed to create a graphics device error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Failed to create a graphics device error on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Windows 10 operating system has support for a dedicated high-end graphics processor. This brings in capabilities inside the operating system to support Graphics Cards from NVIDIA or AMD. It helps the computer to function in a better way by [...] This...
  8. How can I create a shortcut to desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I create a shortcut to desktop?: A new version of Windows 10 has no way to create shortcuts to my desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-create-a-shortcut-to-desktop/f34335b0-ea8d-42f5-b9ad-e0b25646d620
  9. Can I legally create a device that registers as a XUSB device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I legally create a device that registers as a XUSB device?: Hello all, Before doing anything, I wanted to check with the community/Microsoft to see if I can legally do this without violating any user agreement or the like. I am looking at creating a device that when plugged into a windows PC registers as a XUSB device. I want the...
  10. Failed to create D3D Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Failed to create D3D Device: Hello, Whenever I try to open Counter Strike the game just fails to open. The main application doesn't open and a pop up saying "Failed to create D3D Device" appears. I've tried to -> Uninstall Graphics Driver -> Update Graphics Driver -> Reinstall the game...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. failed to create the d3d9 device this can happen if the desktop is locked

2. failed to create d3d9 device desktop locked

3. this can happen if the desktop is locked

4. failed to create d3d9 device this can happen if the desktop is locked,
  5. nod3d9 device desktop locked,
  6. failed to create d3d9 device,
  7. failed to create d3d9 device 2019 1903 WINDOWS ,
  8. failed to create d3d device this can happen if the desktop is locked,
  9. failed to create the d3d9 device! this can happen if the desktop is locked,
  10. failed to create the d3d9 device windows 10