Windows 10: Failed to initialize SdAppServices

Discus and support Failed to initialize SdAppServices in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've begun to get this pop up, about once a day, saying "Failed it initialize SdAppServices." No other information is available in the box. It happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vndrzl, Jan 17, 2016.

1. vndrzl Win User

Failed to initialize SdAppServices

I've begun to get this pop up, about once a day, saying "Failed it initialize SdAppServices." No other information is available in the box. It happens at random times; has nothing to do with anything that I am doing at the time. Recently, it popped up when I was browsing online.

Has anyone else seen this?

Failed to initialize SdAppServices [​IMG]

:)

vndrzl, Jan 17, 2016

2. Failed to Initialize Smart Audio Failed to Initialize Smart Audio - Windows 10

Hi Verge,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?

• Since when did the issue started appearing?

• Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue?
    I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check if it resolves the issue.

Method 1: Audio Troubleshooter

Method 1: Run inbuilt audio troubleshooter and check if it works. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows Key +R, type Control Panel.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

• Now click on view all option.

• Click on Playing audio and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

Note: If your computer is having problems playing sound, try using the Playing Audio troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common problems with your volume settings, your sound card or driver, and your speakers
    or headphones.

Check if it helps.

I hope the issue will be resolved. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jan 17, 2016
  3. Failed to Initialize Smart Audio Failed to Initialize Smart Audio - Windows 10

Hi Verge,

Thank you for updating us. It must be unfortunate that you are still facing the same issue. Let me help you.

I suggest you to go through the below answer provided by Andreas Socratous
    for a similar thread and check if it helps.

Click on,
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-pictures/error-failed-to-initialize-smart-audio-on-every/01773f2d-412c-4abb-bde5-9ba9ca40eb6c

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jan 17, 2016
  4. AndreyT Win User

Sdappservices.dll comes from Stardock Corp., which makes Start10 start menu replacement. Do you use Start10 or, maybe, some other Stardock products?

AndreyT, Jan 17, 2016
  5. vndrzl Win User
    It might be. Now that you mention it, I did install a StarDock app, but uninstalled it when I saw it cost money. I'll look into any residual files that may have been left behind. Thank you!

vndrzl, Jan 17, 2016
  6. vndrzl Win User
    Yes, I installed Start 10, but uninstalled it when I saw that it was a paid program. Thank you!

vndrzl, Jan 17, 2016
  7. vndrzl Win User
    So, that was what it was. I had installed Start 10, and uninstalled it. However, I had not restarted my computer to finalize all the uninstalled processes. Before I restarted, I saw that there was a Start 10 folder in my Program Files system folder. After the restart, it was gone. I am assuming there will no longer be a popup, so I am calling this one solved. I will update this is anything else happens (though I doubt it will).

Thank you Andrey and BobCat for noticing that this was tied into the Start 10 program. Save me a lot of time tracking this down.

vndrzl, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Failed to initialize SdAppServices - Similar Threads - Failed initialize SdAppServices

2. Reset failed to initiate.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset failed to initiate.: Trying to reset my PC on the settings > recovery > reset however when I click on reset it does nothing but restart. It actually comes with nothing then as if it like I just restarted the PC since its doing so fast and no buffering or no initialization at all. I want to reset...
  3. process1 initialization failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    process1 initialization failed: I am not kidding. I have been spending hours, hours, and days trying to get Windows 10 to start. I cannot get to the Desktop or to a Command Prompt. Usually, I am able to fix just about anything. This one has me stumbled. I refuse to give up. The information on the laptop is...
  4. process1 initialization failed

process1 initialization failed: I am not kidding. I have been spending hours, hours, and days trying to get Windows 10 to start. I cannot get to the Desktop or to a Command Prompt. Usually, I am able to fix just about anything. This one has me stumbled. I refuse to give up. The information on the laptop is...
  5. process1 initialization failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Nahimic Failed to initialize

Nahimic Failed to initialize: My nahimic can't even open because it always failed to initialize even after i reset my PCi have MSI B450M A-Pro Max Motherboard, can anyone help me?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nahimic-failed-to-initialize/b5c88511-bd90-44f0-acce-6a877081ec8b
  7. Failed to initialize

in Windows 10 Customization
    Failed to initialize: I downloaded a program - Twinity - and thought all was fine until I tried to log in and got the failed to intialize message. Can I get round this? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-initialize/cb4619db-8347-4ced-85da-896f0692a1cb
  8. Storage initialization fail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage initialization fail: Storage initialization fail in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-initialization-fail/b4d566b6-d144-4c14-99a4-27cbaa81f261"
  9. initialization failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    initialization failed: hello everyone so when i started my PC he showed me this screen[IMG] then restarted and did that in a loop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/initialization-failed/10e740ab-553d-4214-a0a4-4c49d49ebfac
  10. Failed to Initialize OpenCL

Failed to Initialize OpenCL: First error in a program after the Windows 10 Fall Upgrade... I'm using Adobe After Effects CC 2015. [img] Any ideas? 29754

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sdappservices

2. failed to initialize sdappservices

3. failed to initialize shared canvas#