Windows 10: Failed to register a VB Script DLL file on Windows 10/8/7

Discus and support Failed to register a VB Script DLL file on Windows 10/8/7 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] If when you open Outlook 20016 or any other program on your Windows 10/8/7 PC you receive a message – Failed to register a VB Script dll.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 30, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

Failed to register a VB Script DLL file on Windows 10/8/7

WinClub, Jul 30, 2018
  2. gbird Win User

Windows 8 FREE Developer Build

Can someone please give me a step by step showing of how to take control of a .dll file in Windows 8? It looks totally different from 7, where the "Owner" tab is not there.

gbird, Jul 30, 2018
  3. Running a VB Script File Using Windows 10 Task Scheduler

Community Members,

Using VB Script which I started learning, I wrote a simple vbs file. I want Windows 10 Task Scheduler to run the VB Script file.

First, the VB Script program works manually. It runs perfectly and does what the program says.

I have tried on several occasions to have Window 10 Task Scheduler to fire off the program on a given date and time. I have surfed the web and read numerous questions about people who have had the same problem. All the settings that need to be set, highest
    priority, run when computer is on or off,

the user and etc. I do not understand if I am the single user of the computer, in essence the admin, then why would this be an issue.

I have read about using a batch file, tried that and failed. There was some advice about using "wscript or cscript" which I do not understand why.

I am looking for some help to get my vbs file to run on a scheduled date and time. After reading all about the problem on the web, I am really confused.

I am look for a simple solution. It cannot be that hard to make a vbs file run on a given date and time.

Any help to a confused programmer would be greatly appreciated.

John JVrana, Jul 30, 2018
  4. Failed to register a VB Script DLL file on Windows 10/8/7

Windows 8/10 Printer Scripts

I've created batch files to install networked printers for all my company's computers, and 95% of them work fine in Windows 7 (HP, you've upset me). I use VB script and download the drivers to the PC before installing them. I can install the printers manually
    using these drivers in Windows 8 or 10 without any issues, but the scripts always fail with error code 1797, stating that the driver is unknown. I've checked the vbscript files in Win8 and 10, and they're identical. Is there something different I can do to
    get these to work?

Sean Lewis_Maxim, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

Failed to register a VB Script DLL file on Windows 10/8/7

1. Failed to register a VB Script DLL file on Windows 10/8/7 - Similar Threads - Failed register Script

2. Windows 7 to 8 upgrade fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 to 8 upgrade fails: Everytime I upgrade from Windows 7 to 8 RTM, it boots into a black screen, and then after that, I have to force reboot for it to rollback. I attached the logs below. I must upgrade to Windows 8 RTM. I know it is EOL but I must do it for reasons that will not be disclosed....
  3. Disabling the Infinitely running VB Script in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling the Infinitely running VB Script in Windows: I have run an infinite loop VB Script enabling NUMLOCK for 2 min in my Windows 10 OS for not allowing system to go into sleep and monitor to be continually active. Is there any possibility of disabling the running Shell/VB Script. Note, I tried the available options like...
  4. Disabling the Infinitely running VB Script in Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling the Infinitely running VB Script in Windows: I have run an infinite loop VB Script enabling NUMLOCK for 2 min in my Windows 10 OS for not allowing system to go into sleep and monitor to be continually active. Is there any possibility of disabling the running Shell/VB Script. Note, I tried the available options like...
  5. The module failed to load. My .dll file is failing to register.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The module failed to load. My .dll file is failing to register.: I'm trying to register a .dll file. I've put this file into windows\system32 folder and tried registering. It is a 64 bit so then I moved it to the windows\SysWOW64 folder and it still failed. I've ran it through an elevated command prompt as well. It still does not work....
  6. The module failed to load. My .dll file is failing to register.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The module failed to load. My .dll file is failing to register.: I'm trying to register a .dll file. I've put this file into windows\system32 folder and tried registering. It is a 64 bit so then I moved it to the windows\SysWOW64 folder and it still failed. I've ran it through an elevated command prompt as well. It still does not work....
  7. The module failed to load. My .dll file is failing to register.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Thanks for the VB scripts and Java injection.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Thanks for the VB scripts and Java injection.: I want to personally thank the motely crew of cut rate tech support with no centralized system, and the $500 cost to fix what came out of box ready to get rooted. First, id like a complete wipe of my old windows. I want it all gone, second, i dont want your stupid auto-ca...
  9. AMD64.dll failed to register

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    AMD64.dll failed to register: hii, can any one help I'm tryingbto install cst studio suite student 2019 version but during installion a error occures as: Error 1904.C:\program filesx86 CST STUDIO SUITE 2019\AMD64\CSTInfo_AMD64.dll failed to register i spent almost 3 hrs surfing the youtube please give...
  10. Vb script problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Vb script problem: Friends can u help regarding this problem[IMG][IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vb-script-problem/21e62429-450e-4bda-be7d-49a3592325b0

Users found this page by searching for:

1. failed to register a vb script dll.

2. vb script.dll win10

3. registering dll works manully but its not working in a batch screipt