Windows 10: Failing to Add Network Printers/Domain on Wireless Connection

Discus and support Failing to Add Network Printers/Domain on Wireless Connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; If the PC is connected via Ethernet and I go to settings->Devices->Add a printer or scanner, it shows all the network printers attached to one of our... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Starry173, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Starry173 Win User

Failing to Add Network Printers/Domain on Wireless Connection

If the PC is connected via Ethernet and I go to settings->Devices->Add a printer or scanner, it shows all the network printers attached to one of our servers as well as actual printer host names. I normally add via the server attached printers.

I am trying to use a TP-Link TL-WN822N Wireless USB Adapter with it, which may have Windows 10 compatibility problems. Although it seems to work fine most of the time, as an alternative to running an Ethernet patch cable across the floor. It claims to be operating at 144 Mb, which isn't bad if that is true. But if I go into the mode for adding a printer, the discovery process doesn't find any printers at all. The wireless network is Open Mesh and I've never noticed a problem with this on Windows 7 or 8.1.

If I already have a printer set up, printing to the printer seems to work OK via wireless. But the network discovery seems to have a problem. And I eventually lose my connection to the network altogether and have to uninstall the driver and reboot to get it back.

I am leaning toward the TP-Link adapter being incompatible. That would explain a lot of things. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas. My number one solution is just to leave it on Ethernet and deal with the wire on the floor. And I should probably start researching wireless adapters that are for sure compatible.

Dell Optiplex 380 Dual-Core converted from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro.

:)

Starry173, Sep 9, 2015

2. printer connection problem

Since this HP Envy 4520 is a wireless network printer, I tried connecting it wirelessly using the "Add Printers and Scanners" feature of Windows 10. I clicked on it, and it sees my printer on the wireless network. But, when I click on my printer and proceed
    to add it, it always comes back with a "Driver is Unavailable" error message. Why is that happening? I can't even connect my printer via USB. The Driver software from the HP website failed to install the driver. I don't know what the heck is going on...This
    is pretty weird.

TimothyLee1972, Sep 9, 2015
  3. cdivey777 Win User
    wireless printer network issues

My wireless HP printer's configuration page states that it is connected to my network and my laptop is connected via ethernet to my router. When attempting to print, the printer is not showing up in my options and when I try to add the wireless printer
    to my network on the laptop, it says "no devices found."

Help.. Thanks!

cdivey777, Sep 9, 2015
  4. Starry173 Win User

This is solved. The driver is not compatible with Windows 10, although the Windows 8 driver marginally works. Will be checking for other solutions and going back to Ethernet.

Starry173, Sep 9, 2015
Thema:

1. Failing to Add Network Printers/Domain on Wireless Connection - Similar Threads - Failing Add Network

2. Unable to add/connect to network printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add/connect to network printer: I am unable to add a network printer to windows 11. It doesn't automatically recognize. When I select through the network, it shows it unable to connect. The printer is connecting to all other PCs in organization running windows 10 and older. This is specific to windows 11...
  3. Unable to add/connect to network printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to add/connect to network printer: I am unable to add a network printer to windows 11. It doesn't automatically recognize. When I select through the network, it shows it unable to connect. The printer is connecting to all other PCs in organization running windows 10 and older. This is specific to windows 11...
  4. could not add a wireless printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    could not add a wireless printer: I could not add a wireless printer in windows 11To get around it I turned off the bluetooth network and then the wireless connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-not-add-a-wireless-printer/5cc3e520-2d4f-4541-a5d8-8b22130920c7
  5. could not add a wireless printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    could not add a wireless printer: I could not add a wireless printer in windows 11To get around it I turned off the bluetooth network and then the wireless connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-not-add-a-wireless-printer/5cc3e520-2d4f-4541-a5d8-8b22130920c7
  6. Connecting a Wireless Printer to a Different Network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting a Wireless Printer to a Different Network: I have an HP LaserJet printer that I want to move to a different wireless network. Unfortunately, I do not know the old network password to the printer. Everything I can find online gives directions for installing a printer that is already on the same network. I am sure...
  7. Network printer fail to connect to Windows10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network printer fail to connect to Windows10: It looks like the network printer can not be found in the below network: HP_ENVY - LAN_CABLE - ROUTER1SonicwallSOHO - LAN_CABLE - ROUTER2PLDT - Wifi2.4GHz - Canon_PIXMA_E4270 Below is messages from the printer finding program from Canon: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Also in...
  8. Add Wireless Printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add Wireless Printer: How do I add a wireless printer, HP Photojet C7250 All-in-One, to my Dell Latitude E5430 with Windows 10 version 1809? I've done Control Panel>Add a Device, but it will not find the printer. The printer has already been connected wirelessly to a Mac AirBook, so it's dialed in...
  9. Add Wireless Printer

in Windows 10 Support
    Add Wireless Printer: How do I add a wireless printer, HP Photojet C7250 All-in-One, to my Dell Latitude E5430 with Windows 10 version 1809? I've done Control Panel>Add a Device, but it will not find the printer. The printer has already been connected wirelessly to a Mac AirBook, so it's dialed in...
  10. Add network printers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add network printers: Hello, Windows does not automatically detect networks printers ... with 7 and 8.1 I had to manually install them using their IP but it's not possible to do this with the TP ... any idea ? 4539

Users found this page by searching for:

1. connectingenvy4500printertooptiplex7010computer