Windows 10: Failure at resume from standby/hibernate: ntoskrnl.exe+14a6f0

Discus and support Failure at resume from standby/hibernate: ntoskrnl.exe+14a6f0 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, sometimes i get a BSOD / Blackscreen when I resume from Hibernate/Standby. I ran Memtest and checked the temperatures. No Problems there. Also all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by daff, Feb 26, 2017.

1. daff Win User

Failure at resume from standby/hibernate: ntoskrnl.exe+14a6f0

Hi,
    sometimes i get a BSOD / Blackscreen when I resume from Hibernate/Standby. I ran Memtest and checked the temperatures. No Problems there. Also all drivers should be up to date AFAIK.

I looked at the dumps with BlueScreenView and spotted a repeating Crash Adress: ntoskrnl.exe+14a6f0
    The BSOD Message is not similar most time.

I attached the output from dm_log_collector.exe
    Could someone please analyse the file and give me feedback?

Thanks *Smile

EDIT: new output file.

:)

2. mattmebb Win User

BSOD regularly when returning from standby.

Hi Vanessa, are you still around to provide any assistance for this issue? I'm starting to feel abandoned now. Following my removal of the drivers mentioned in one of my replies I have had two more crashes today (11/05/2017) from resuming from standby,
    both attributed to MEMORY_MANAGEMENT and ntoskrnl.exe.

mattmebb, Feb 26, 2017
  3. As of lately I've had a few BSOD's with a fairly new Laptop, purchased in December 2016 - Asus GL702VM.

Blue screen view says BSOD was caused by ntoskrnl.exe and the address is ntoskrn.exe+14a6f0

Link to minidump files below

Minidumps.rar

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Mike O'Reilly, Feb 26, 2017
  4. Failure at resume from standby/hibernate: ntoskrnl.exe+14a6f0

Genuine.txt seems to be valid but I see in the eventlog that there was software used to activate Windows not in the legal way.

4) No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc).

BSODHunter, Feb 27, 2017
  5. daff Win User
    Thanks for your reply @BSODHunter. I have a legal license for my Windows 10 which was created from a Windows 7 license. The tool you found is for activating Office, but I can remove it, if it causes the failure or problems here in the forum.

Could you find any other problem?

6. The Problem is, that u will not get support from this forum with not correctly licensed Software Products. Please remove all trails from "K**Aut*" and your actual Installation of Microsoft Office so that we can help you. After that please reupload a new generated zip with dm log collector

BSODHunter, Feb 27, 2017
  7. daff Win User
    I just uploaded a new output from dm log collector to my initial post. The event log still contains entries from the illegal tool. Hope that is not a problem...

8. Failure at resume from standby/hibernate: ntoskrnl.exe+14a6f0

Code: 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (24.02.2017 18:42:23) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: NTFS.sys [2.11.2016] * NT File System Driver (Windows System File) PROCESS: svchost.exe Usual causes: Defective hardware (particularly memory - but not just RAM), Faulty system service, Antivirus, Device driver, NTFS corruption, BIOS[/quote] Code: 0x00000139: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (26.02.2017 23:22:05) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: dxgkrnl.sys [9.12.2016] * DirectX Graphics Kernel (Windows System File) nvlddmkm.sys [29.12.2016] * nVidia Video drivers * => Download Drivers | NVIDIA PROCESS: csrss.exe[/quote] Code: 0x1000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (28.02.2017 17:44:58) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: memory_corruption PROCESS: LockAppHost.ex[/quote]
    STEP 1:
    Please update NVIDIA Driver to the newest version using DDU:

Failure at resume from standby/hibernate: ntoskrnl.exe+14a6f0 [​IMG]
    Display Driver Uninstaller: How to use
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) is a small software that can help the user to uninstall the display driver from the users PC. It can uninstall the driver for all the lead display chip developers, viz. Nvidia, AMD and Intel.

STEP 2:
    Please remove Software Thunder Master. Its kown for causing Bluescreens.

STEP 3:
    Disable or remove Kaspersky and use Defender instead to test.

STEP 4:
    Please remove all Tuning Utilitys like AVG TuneUp. Its known for causing Bluescreens

STEP 5:

did u run memtest 8 passes? If not please do that again

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

BSODHunter, Feb 27, 2017
  9. daff Win User
    I followed the steps and uploaded the results of memtest and another run of dm log collector.
    Before I tried to find other possible problematic drivers using driver verifier. I don't know if that helps but I removed VirtualBox, a Tages driver (copy protection) WinCDEmu and the driver of my Logitech mouse. The dumps I used to find the drivers are in the attached ZIP file. Maybe you can find more details about other problems in it.

daff, Mar 2, 2017
  10. RAM seems to be okay then. Did u followed my other steps?

BSODHunter, Mar 6, 2017
  11. Same what u wrote, these are the drivers which a blamed with verifier:

Code: VBoxNetAdp6.sys [16.01.2017] * Oracle VirtualBox NDIS 6.0 Host-Only Network Adapter Driver * => Downloads – Oracle VM VirtualBox BazisVirtualCDBus.sys [27.09.2015] * WinCDEmu virtual CDROM driver - Bazis Inc * => WinCDEmu - the easiest way to mount an ISO. And more... atksgt.sys [17.05.2009] * part of a Copy Protection platform developed by Tages SA * => TAGES, the AAA Copy Protection System[/quote] 1.
    Did u remove Thunder Master? Its known for causing Bluescreens.

U have two security softwares installed at the same Time, thats not good.
    U should remove Kaspersky and AVG and use Defender for testing period.

U could try BIOS Version F10b for your Mainboard:
    http://www.gigabyte.de/Motherboard/G...-10#support-dl

Because of the older dumps which are very different corrupted hardware is not impossible.

Its worth to do a filesystem check:

Repair Windows Filesystem:

1. Open an elevated command prompt.
    2. In the elevated command prompt, type these commands below, and press Enter:

dism /Online /NoRestart /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    dism /Online /NoRestart /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
    dism /Online /NoRestart /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

sfc /scannow

chkdsk %systemdrive% /F /R /X
    fsutil dirty set %systemdrive%

SFC:
    The SFC command scans the integrity of all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.
    DISM:
    If a Windows image becomes unserviceable, you can use the Deployment Imaging and Servicing Management (DISM) tool to update the files and correct the problem.
    For example, you would use sfc /scannow command is unable to repair corrupted or modified system files because the component store (source) is corrupted. SFC should be able to repair the files afterwards.
    CHKDSK:
    Checking your drives for errors every once in a while can help fix some performance issues. Drive errors can usually be caused by bad sectors, improper shutdowns, bad software, corruption, physical damage, etc...

BSODHunter, Mar 6, 2017
  12. daff Win User
    Yes, I did. Look at the attachment from my last post.

13. Failure at resume from standby/hibernate: ntoskrnl.exe+14a6f0

Hi daff,

do u have any news? Did u follow my steps?

BSODHunter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Failure at resume from standby/hibernate: ntoskrnl.exe+14a6f0

1. Failure at resume from standby/hibernate: ntoskrnl.exe+14a6f0 - Similar Threads - Failure resume standby

2. BugCheck resuming from Hibernate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BugCheck resuming from Hibernate: Hi, Everyday when I stop working, I put my computer in hibernate mode. Next morning when I turn on the PC, it simply don't resume correctly from hibernate mode. It doesn't show anything, but, checking the Event Viewer I have identified an event like this: Log Name:...
  3. .exe standby

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    .exe standby: Hi guyz. in my company we have a littel problem with .exe and .msi file. When we try to start one of this the page or the browser where they are and started it blocks. All pc are under domain. Thx for help submitted by /u/Mr_Pyro00 [link] [comments]...
  4. Resume from Hibernate Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Resume from Hibernate Issue: Hello, I normally use Hibernate when machine is not needed for extended periods. Previously, machine would start at the same place where I left it, including all programs open etc. Now, with 1909 and maybe even a prior version, I noticed that all open programs are now...
  5. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  6. Log in mask does not load after resuming from either standby or hibernate [not consistently]

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Log in mask does not load after resuming from either standby or hibernate [not consistently]: Hello, I am having the following symptoms: After resuming windows by pressing the power button of my laptop on some occasions I see: - The windows booting screen - Then it disappears and I see either my desktop/login background (its the same so I cannot tell which one...
  7. Logon.exe does not load after resuming from either standby or hibernate [not consistently]

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Logon.exe does not load after resuming from either standby or hibernate [not consistently]: Hello, I am having the following symptoms: After resuming windows by pressing the power button of my laptop on some occasions I see: - The windows booting screen - Then it disappears and I see either my desktop/login mask (its the same so I cannot tell which one it is)...
  8. BSOD resuming from Hibernate

BSOD resuming from Hibernate: This also happened with Windows 8.x but it persisted after I upgraded to Windows 10. It's an older machine with limited support, but I'd like to try and use it if I can. It's a tank of a laptop. Attachment 40024 Thanks 24447
  9. Hibernation Resume

in Windows 10 Support
    Hibernation Resume: When I resume from hibernation It goes thru screens asking if I like this one. How do I stop this? 32155
  10. "Resume from Hibernation"?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Resume from Hibernation"?: I have been using Win10 since July. It has been working fine. Just recently I noticed a blue screen at boot up stating, "resume from hibernation". I have never used hibernation in my life. Sleep mode, yes. Hibernation, no. But I have an SSD and don't use sleep anymore. I do a...
Tags: