Windows 10: failure in the backup image

Discus and support failure in the backup image in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; having problems creating an image of my system. [img] in searching for the error on the net I come up with these so called microsoft partner ads for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by shipinomore10, Apr 13, 2016.

1. failure in the backup image

having problems creating an image of my system.
    failure in the backup image [​IMG]

in searching for the error on the net I come up with these so called microsoft partner ads for software.
    could someone assist?
    Shipinomore

sorry if I posted this in the wrong place.

:)

shipinomore10, Apr 13, 2016
  2. Kapil Arya MVP, Apr 13, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Pro Error codes returned after failing making a second System Image Backup

After creating a successful image backup on my second hard drive, I placed that backup into an
    identifiable folder. Then I perform some system changes and start an image bakup again however it will now fail with the following error messages/codes:

- There was a failure compacting the virtual hard disk on the backup location. (0x80780151).

-Additional Information:

The process cannot access the file because its being used by another process. (0x80070020).

After a reboot its possible to create a system image backup again.

This was not happening with Windows 8.1 Pro

How to execute a second System Image backup that will avoid this failure?

J.D.Koster, Apr 13, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

failure in the backup image

Windows built-in backup imaging has historically proven to give people lots of failures in both creating images and restoring them. If your goal is reliability in your backups and ability to restore them, then we suggest using Macrium Reflect Free instead of built-in Windows imaging.

Macrium Reflect Free

If you absolutely insist on using Windows built-in imaging, a complete screenshot of disk management with the columns expanded so we can see all the information would help immensely:
    Disk Management - How to Post a Screenshot of - Windows 10 Forums

NavyLCDR, Apr 13, 2016
  5. failure in the backup image [​IMG]

Hi here is the copy of the disk management display.
    sorry it is so small. could this be because I snipit from a 23 inch monitor.
    shipinomore

shipinomore10, Apr 13, 2016
  6. WHS
    whs Win User
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    What kind of drive are you trying to save the image to?

NavyLCDR, Apr 14, 2016
  8. failure in the backup image

I have tried on two different ext. drives. Seagate which is a 2 terabyte and also Western Digital.

shipinomore10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

failure in the backup image

1. failure in the backup image - Similar Threads - failure backup image

2. Backup or System Image failure while running backup. Error Code: 0x8078011E

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup or System Image failure while running backup. Error Code: 0x8078011E: I was trying to make a system image in Windows 10 with the feature called Backup and Restore Windows 7. So I bought an external drive for this. This was done to prepare for Windows 11 on a new computer. So I got this error and it was an easy fix at least for me,All I did was...
  3. Backup or System Image failure while running backup. Error Code: 0x8078011E

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup or System Image failure while running backup. Error Code: 0x8078011E: I was trying to make a system image in Windows 10 with the feature called Backup and Restore Windows 7. So I bought an external drive for this. This was done to prepare for Windows 11 on a new computer. So I got this error and it was an easy fix at least for me,All I did was...
  4. Backup or System Image failure while running backup. Error Code: 0x8078011E

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. backup failure

backup failure: I cannot backup to an external hard drive. I get a message that system would not backup due to a virus or unwanted program, or something like that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-failure/e4bbebd5-e28b-4aea-993b-262c91955f2b
  6. Failure in preparing the backup image of one of the volumes in the backup set – 0x807800C5,...

in Windows 10 News
    Failure in preparing the backup image of one of the volumes in the backup set – 0x807800C5,...: If when you attempt to create a system image backup on your Windows 10 device, and the operation fails with the error codes 0x807800C5 and 0x80780081, then this post is intended to help you. In this post, we provide the most suitable solutions to quickly resolve this issue....
  7. backup failure

backup failure: Every time I try to backup my WIN10 pc I get a failure message. I am informed that my empty 500gb external drive is too small for a backup. It appears that I need over 607gig for a backup to work. This seems way over the top to me as c: drive is only 506gb total. Any help...
  8. Backup Failure

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup Failure: I'm Nnot my problem will have a solution. Stupidity reigns. Win10 1803.. I backed up a few different ways to my ext drive. I have have backups with xml files and one with zip files. Don't ask me how. I tried restoring and ended up with all the necessary thunderbird files...
  9. System Image Backup Failure, error 0x800423f3

System Image Backup Failure, error 0x800423f3: I've been running two machines with Windows 10 x64 for a while now. I periodically run a system image backup (on each machine) to an external HDD just as an extra precaution, as I use EaseUS ToDo Backup Workstation 8.6 for my weekly system images. Today I was able to complete...
  10. System Image Backup Failure

System Image Backup Failure: My searches have not turned up anything about this. On my computer, attempts to create a backup fail repeatedly, with these errors: Error encountered when writing data to backup target (0x80780166) System cannot find the file specified (0x80070002) I have deleted the...