Windows 10: Failure to Boot after Macrium Reflect Update!

Discus and support Failure to Boot after Macrium Reflect Update! in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I maintain an old 2006 AMD based PC running the latest version of 64 bit Windows 10. Reflect has been working fine and was last updated in April. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Steve C, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Steve C Win User

Failure to Boot after Macrium Reflect Update!

I maintain an old 2006 AMD based PC running the latest version of 64 bit Windows 10. Reflect has been working fine and was last updated in April.

I installed the latest update to v7.1.3317 yesterday. A restart was requested - note no restart was needed on my laptop updated the same day. On restart I had a boot failure and Automatic Repair couldn't fix it. I found a way to boot into safe mode and disabled the Reflect tasks / services /drivers using Autoruns.

The PC then booted normally. This has dented my confidence in Reflect. I'm going to uninstall Reflect using Revo uninstaller then try reinstalling it from scratch.

Has anyone had this problem or can offer guidance on what caused the problem?

:)

Steve C, Jul 29, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    • Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    • Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    • click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Failure to Boot after Macrium Reflect Update! [​IMG]
    • Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    • Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jul 29, 2018
  3. simrick Win User
    Macrium Reflect Backup Failures

Hi.
    I don't understand why you're contacting Dell and MS? *Confused
    I thought we were going to try my instructions in post #115?
    Those steps need to be performed, in that order.
    A repair install should not be done until post #115 is completed and results known for each step, where appropriate.

simrick, Jul 29, 2018
  4. Cliff S Win User

New Macrium Reflect Updates

Something I found interesting:
    New Feature: Automatic System Restore Macrium Software Blog

Cliff S, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Failure to Boot after Macrium Reflect Update! - Similar Threads - Failure Boot Macrium

2. Macrium Reflect and 1803 update...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Macrium Reflect and 1803 update...: On my system, the Reflect's "Recovery Boot Menu Option" is enabled, via "Windows PE 10.0 menu (64 Bit). Doing so allows to boot directly from the system drive to Reflect recovery environment, instead of booting from a USB based recovery environment. Basically, it's a...
  3. New Macrium Reflect Updates

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    New Macrium Reflect Updates: [img] Tip If you guys have any issues with Macrium products, take a look at this: Welcome to TF Saturday Live - The Macrium Special Solved - Windows 10 Forums Macrium founder and CEO Nick Sills will join us to talk about Macrium Reflect and answer your questions in Q&A...
  4. New Macrium Reflect Update

New Macrium Reflect Update: New Macrium Reflect Update ready to be downloaded and updated Version 6.1 Build 1225 46206
  5. Macrium Reflect boot menu option

Macrium Reflect boot menu option: Hi, recently started using Reflect, moving away from TrueImage. I'm pretty happy with it so far, except for the outlandish price (yea, I know, free version fine for most but I like to password protect my images). I notice there's an option to put the recovery on the boot...
  6. Macrium Reflect rescue USB drive failure

Macrium Reflect rescue USB drive failure: Macrium rescue USB stick doesn't find the Precision Touchpad, rescue media loads without the cursor, I can not use the CD as my laptop doesn't have the DVD drive, any help is much appreciated. 68296
  7. Macrium Reflect

Macrium Reflect: Where are instructions for Macrium Reflect ? Don Cole 101495
  8. Macrium Reflect update

Macrium Reflect update: Hello, While making a weekly backup (differential or full) with Macrium version 6, I was notifyedthere is an update for this version, downloaded and installed the update.Then opened the product's site and saw there is a new version - 7, on one page it says free editionhere...
  9. Update Macrium Reflect Boot Menu Option?

Update Macrium Reflect Boot Menu Option?: About a year ago, I added a Macrium Reflect boot menu option but have never needed to use it. There have been several Reflect updates since then. Do I need to do anything to update this boot menu option? Also, how do you remove the boot menu option? 64087
  10. Macrium Reflect Backup Failures (problema resolutum est)

Macrium Reflect Backup Failures (problema resolutum est): I noticed today that my daily Reflect backups had failed for the past three days, all with the same log file errors. The Reflect help file has an entry for VSS Error: 0x8004231f - Failed to Create Volume Snapshot. I started to research that, which led me to a Microsoft...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Latest Macrium reflect update prevents computer from booting

2. windows insider patch macrium reflect